It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump & CNN's Jim Acosta get into heated exchange.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Remember when "Report the story; don't be part of the story" was an actual thing?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
Remember when "Report the story; don't be part of the story" was an actual thing?

I remember when Walter Cronkite would sign on and just read the news .

No bias no political slant , just the news. Then he would sign off.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
**BREAKING**

twitter.com...

His strategically suppressing all opposition.

Slowly and surely, with full public approval... Just like the Nazis did.

Like a frog in a pot, being slowly boiled.

All opposition?
Nope....just CNN.
Let me guess....you think think this asshole Acosta doesn’t deserve this?
edit on 7-11-2018 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: proximo

Where was the abuse?

All i herd was perfectly logical questions from the guy, Trump refusing to address them in any kind of meaningful manner, then resorting to insults and commands to sit down.

It's not School, Trumps a politician, not a teacher.

The abuse was Acosta refusing to give up the mic and continuing to blurt our statement designed to attack the president. This is hardly his first offense either.

There would have been no rude response to Acosta if he had simply followed the rules.
He wants to ask 10 questions and lecture the president that he is bad.

If he simply would have asked why do you refer to the caravan as an invasion? None of his would be happening. CNN may have actually got a sound bite they could attack trump with because I bet he would have answered if it was asked that way.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Arnie123

That would be Trump i suppose Phallic member that he is?

The body language is unmistakable, she looks on the verge of being aggressive to be honest, glad she obviously remembered where she was.
I'm sorry, but the WH and, the American people disagree with you, jimmys pass was revoked 😌

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Being a rude opinionated provocateur is not journalism. I speak from experience in the profession. There is some hope--a slim one--for Generation X to reclaim Journalism. And we have President Trump to give much of the thanks for highlighting the problem and not giving in to classless bullies.

Very Fake News - Now The Scoop!
edit on 7-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Trump was there to answer questions was he not?

If he can't handle the hard questions and needs to resort to insults and commands he's really in the wrong line of work, or not as the case may be.

As to the mike situation, to be honest, and like i have said, the woman was the one that was handsy and aggressive.

The caravan is no invasion as anyone with half a brain can establish.

Fact is Trump refused to address the question if he had been willing to answer such there would have been no issue really.

But i guess opinions are like bumholes, everyone else has one, and other peoples generally stink.

edit on 7-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Being a rude opinionated provocateur is not journalism. I speak from experience in the profession. There is some hope--a slim one--for Generation X to reclaim Journalism. And we have President Trump to give much of the thanks for highlighting the problem and not giving in to classless bullies.

Being a rude opinionated provocateur is not all that presidential either, while we are on the subject of being professional...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Who do you write for? I’d love to read some of your pieces.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Oh well then, i must be wrong.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Being a rude opinionated provocateur is not all that presidential either, while we are on the subject of being professional...

Don’t you understand, it’s the media that needs to have the higher standard, not the leader of the free world.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

He's president but he could've let Acosta finish his question. It would annoy the hell out of me if I were a reporter and it's my job to ask questions .

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

Don’t you understand, it’s the media that needs to have the higher standard, not the leader of the free world.

😂

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Acosta should be charged by the new AG....

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

If Obama is an example of being presidential then I'd say Trump is too but better. Like a boss.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

No. F Acosta. He is like the Maxine Waters of Newspeople. An ego so big he thinks he does run the country with his bylines that are followed.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: Sublimecraft

He's president but he could've let Acosta finish his question. It would annoy the hell out of me if I were a reporter and it's my job to ask questions .

It'd annoy the hell out of me if I was one of the dozens of reporters in the room who never got the chance to even ask a question because some abrasive douche refused to give up the mic after asking multiple questions. But that's just me.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

Who do you write for? I’d love to read some of your pieces.

I linked a thread that should better explain. My work--like Acosta--was in broadcast media.

edit on 7-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Obama at least sounded presidential, despite his hope and change platform was more like poke and rearrange.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
**BREAKING**

twitter.com...

His strategically suppressing all opposition.

Slowly and surely, with full public approval... Just like the Nazis did.

Like a frog in a pot, being slowly boiled.

what the hell are you rambling on about?
you think he waited 2 years and all those stupid comments from Acosta because it was strategic?
Acosta represents everything that is wrong with the media.

Trump hasn't silenced him, he's still allowed to report and be a journalist all he wants.
He's no longer allowed in the white-house because he's been disrespectful to the office and other journo's too many times.

If you see that as a president acting like a nazi - then you have much bigger concerns.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join