It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun owner helps save Missouri mother of 3 during violent attack...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The guy charged looks like a model citizen.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

See for yourself.

And yes, as an admin, I very well know the difference, which is why I decided to bring it up. But I decided to bring it up as a member, not an admin, to see if maybe that might help. Apparently not, lesson learned.

It's also worth noting that there's nothing in the terms & conditions that prohibits you from badgering people who post in this thread, so if that's what you want to do, it's your choice.

If it gets bad enough, I suppose a mod might off-topic the worst parts (and hey, maybe my own off-topic comments as well), but we generally try not to micromanage discussion. Which is, ironically enough, my point.

But as I said, it's a major turn-off, so if you really are committed to playing mother hen in this thread, I'll leave you to it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic

See for yourself.

And yes, as an admin, I very well know the difference, which is why I decided to bring it up. But I decided to bring it up as a member, not an admin, to see if maybe that might help. Apparently not, lesson learned.

It's also worth noting that there's nothing in the terms & conditions that prohibits you from badgering people who post in this thread, so if that's what you want to do, it's your choice.

If it gets bad enough, I suppose a mod might off-topic the worst parts (and hey, maybe my own off-topic comments as well), but we generally try not to micromanage discussion. Which is, ironically enough, my point.

But as I said, it's a major turn-off, so if you really are committed to playing mother hen in this thread, I'll leave you to it.

So, asking people to actually provide on topic and actual opinions for discussion as opposed to one liners that are off topic is mother hen'ing to you? Really?

I have ALWAYS welcomed open discussion of in all of my threads. Go ahead, check my thread post history if you need. It's not my problem if you got your feeling hurt...and yet you still refuse to offer any relevant opinion on the topic after my repeated requests for such.

Please again I say, I welcome your opinion on the topic if the thread. I welcome open discussion, always have, always will.

My ATS history shows that as a fact.

edit on 11/8/2018 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

In the simplest of terms, my point is that even mods don't moderate as much as you've been moderating this thread.

It's distracting and annoying enough that I felt compelled to say something about it, knowing full well that it's distracting and annoying for me to do so, rather than just move on like God only knows how many other members who might want to comment.

If you really, truly welcome discussion, then welcome it. It's not up to you to decide what other people should post.

If you're really, truly okay with that, then I'll be happy to stop whining about it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

In the simplest of terms, my point is that even mods don't moderate as much as you've been moderating this thread.

It's distracting and annoying enough that I felt compelled to say something about it, knowing full well that it's distracting and annoying for me to do so, rather than just move on like God only knows how many other members who might want to comment.

If you really, truly welcome discussion, then welcome it. It's not up to you to decide what other people should post.

If you're really, truly okay with that, then I'll be happy to stop whining about it.

How many time must I say it then until you believe it? You opinion on modding is irrelevant to the topic. I have yet to read anything from you that is relevant.

Please, provide an opinion we can discuss. (there, I asked yet again)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Okay, then. This was what I was going to post before I got put off by the mini-modding schtick:

This, like tens of thousands of other similar cases, is not national news aside from Fox and the "alt" press because it doesn't fit the "MSM" narrative.

The narrative is that guns equal crime and that mere citizens have no legitimate reason to own them, hence the need for "common sense gun control", which is a euphemism for registration, restriction, prohibition and eventual confiscation.

Not that anything I'm saying is a secret to anyone -- especially proponents of "common sense gun control" -- just pointing it out, like so many others dislodged from the Mainstream Matrix have done.

As usual, YMMV, just sayin'

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Okay, then. This was what I was going to post before I got put off by the mini-modding schtick:

This, like tens of thousands of other similar cases, is not national news aside from Fox and the "alt" press because it doesn't fit the "MSM" narrative.

The narrative is that guns equal crime and that mere citizens have no legitimate reason to own them, hence the need for "common sense gun control", which is a euphemism for registration, restriction, prohibition and eventual confiscation.

Not that anything I'm saying is a secret to anyone -- especially proponents of "common sense gun control" -- just pointing it out, like so many others dislodged from the Mainstream Matrix have done.

As usual, YMMV, just sayin'

I agree. In fact, only the negative stories of the use of a firearm in a crime makes headlines. Not only for the anti-gun narrative, but also because of the simple fact that, "if it bleed it leads".

Too often I see members here debating that there is no good reason for a citizen to own a firearm. Well, there are stories like this that happen repeatedly every day that do not get any press whatsoever. That makes is seem that it doesn't exist. Such as the recent horrific event in the California Country bar this week. It provides a skewed perspective not only to the USA audience, but also to those outside of this country. That skewed perception undermines our Constitutional rights in this area.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
That skewed perception undermines our Constitutional rights in this area.

And that is most definitely its express purpose.

Of course, that's nothing new. Journalism legends William Randolph Hearst and Joseph Pulitzer, for whom prestigious prizes and schools are named, were the fathers of yellow journalism and using the press to mold society.

It certainly didn't start with them, but their antics did launch the modern era of journalism, and their legacy lives on to this day in every newspaper published, and every television news program broadcast.

Partisan bias in the media is so institutionalized that those who perpetuate it are oblivious to it. They don't need to lie, they simply decide what they want us to know and, by omission, what they don't want us to know.

All they report is the "truth" -- as they see it.

It took me a very long time before I realized how the game is played, and that this is really, truly what's going on all around us and saturates our daily lives.

But once realized, it was my first step into a larger world, and there's no going back after that.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

There are over 1 million defensive gun uses every year. That is THOUSANDS every single day.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I wish it was a laughing matter but it isn’t. So dozens of people die so one gun fetishist can stop a crime. Only a right wing moron can fail to see the irony. . a reply to: Krakatoa

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I wish it was a laughing matter but it isn’t. So dozens of people die so one gun fetishist can stop a crime. Only a right wing moron can fail to see the irony. . a reply to: Krakatoa

So what kind of moron would find a thoughtless argument like this to be persuasive?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy

You are right, it is not a laughing matter....at all. It is serious.

However, if you feel so adamant that only morons believe in our Constitution, and in this case the 2nd Amendment, then there are legal means to have it repealed. That is the beauty of that document, and shows the foresight of the original creators of the Constitution. They made it amendable....for the changing future.

However, so far the only efforts to date have been to slowly erode away the protections of these rights. With everyone cheering and screaming for more government oversight. Now, I ask you, who is more intelligent and can see further into where that trend goes as opposed to fear and open calls to strip your god given rights?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I never really read the declaration or bill of rights. Can you give me TLDR version?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join