It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AG Jeff Sessions resigns....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Called it. Expect a Trump loyalist to be given the position. Now we'll have to wait and see what happens with Rosenstein.

Rosenstein is on the way to the WH now.

This looks like a bloody Wednesday as Trump scrambles to head off Special Counsel resuming now the Mid-Terms are done.

He will either look to shut it down outright or get people in place to gut it and make sure any final report doesn't go public.

www.thedailybeast.com...

I think Rosenstein is safe, for now. I think in this meeting Trump could ask him to put up or shutup. There is NO way Trump wants to deal with this investigation for the next two years.

I do too.

All the reports about what is in the FISA say it makes Rosenstein look very bad. So bad he will likely have to resign out of shame. He has no more power over the Russia investigation anyway.

There is really no reason to fire him.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: links234

Indict don jr for what?

For crimes committed during the 2016 presidential election. What, you think we just indict random people for no reason at all? That would explain the multiple guilty pleas already though, wouldn't it?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

Called it. Expect a Trump loyalist to be given the position. Now we'll have to wait and see what happens with Rosenstein.

This looks like a bloody Wednesday as Trump scrambles to head off Special Counsel resuming now the Mid-Terms are done.

He will either look to shut it down outright or get people in place to gut it and make sure any final report doesn't go public.

www.thedailybeast.com...

I think Rosenstein is safe, for now. I think in this meeting Trump could ask him to put up or shutup. There is NO way Trump wants to deal with this investigation for the next two years.

I do too.

All the reports about what is in the FISA say it makes Rosenstein look very bad. So bad he will likely have to resign out of shame. He has no more power over the Russia investigation anyway.

He won't be immediately fired, but he's already been taken off of the Mueller Probe, per CBS.

This is big. I think he's busted big time.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
a reply to: underwerks

bc im psychic, and also if it was illegal they couldnt keep it hidden using the theater of politics

You know, I was actually wondering when a Trump follower would use “I’m psychic” as an argument.

Honestly it took longer than I expected. Thank you for contributing to the quality of these forums.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Haha I just figured it out. This shakeup is so that Trump gets an AG that won't release Mueller's report. Its way smarting than killing the Mueller probe, since nobody will ever learn whats in it, Trump can just proclaim its full of rubbish and classified stuff and thats why they can't release it. Its just about the only way for him to have his cake and eat it to.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Doesn't matter - the new guy is not recused from any Russian probe, so can assume the reigns of the SC and ensure Mueller's scope is narrow, as it should be.
The fact Rosenstein was not elevated to acting AG tells you he is toast.

Gloves are off.
Next I want to see Hillary, Rice, Lynch, Brennan, Holder, Strzok, Comey, Page...and Obama indicted for conspiring with foreign powers to undermine the US election.

The declassification of the FISA stuff comes next.

That is never happening because the evidence for the FISA warrants strengthens the reasoning for the Special Counsel investigation.

That's why Trump hasn't done it and wont.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Indict don jr for what?

For crimes committed during the 2016 presidential election. What, you think we just indict random people for no reason at all? That would explain the multiple guilty pleas already though, wouldn't it?

What crime did don jr committ?

Meeting with Russians to get dirt like Hillary and company?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The only thing this shows is Trumps desperation. A day after the Democrats take the House he gets rid of Sessions. Guess things didn’t go how he wanted. Lol.

Even if Trump goes full on President-is-above-the-law dictator and fires Mueller, it doesn’t matter. Because the house can rehire Mueller in January. This will only make Trump look bad in the long term and throw another log on the obstruction fire.

This is Trump being scared and feeling backed into a corner. His own sons pending indictment can’t help, and with the tangled web of his own finances who knows what Mueller has on him. Whatever it is, it’s enough for Trump to want to end the investigation into himself.

The real question is how many of you so-called patriots will support a president putting himself above the rule of law?

Seriously do you believe if Mueller really has something on Trump this changes anything?

Do you really think he would not share what he found with a salivating press?

Mueller has NOTHING. The fact you don't see that shows how incredibly biased you are. Logic makes it painfully obvious if he had ANYTHING it would have been leaked to the press before the midterms.

Nobody is going to support Trump putting himself above the rule of law.

He has done nothing illegal. He can fire any cabinet member whenever he wants.

Really what the hell is wrong with you people? I really don't understand how you can hate someone so much for nothing other than having a personality you dislike.

Keep basing what you believe on what you assume.

Please.

Dude, what the hell do you think you are doing?

At least I have reasoning behind my assumptions.

You just think Trump is some kind of wannabe dictator based on propaganda with zero evidence.

link   

www.thedailybeast.com...

I do too.

He won't be immediately fired, but he's already been taken off of the Mueller Probe, per CBS.

This is big. I think he's busted big time.

For sure, Rosenstein is gone. The elephant in the room is this: Rosenstein is the Deputy Attorney General. Why isn't he the acting AG?

link   

I think there is a different plan in place now.

Former U.S. Attorney Matthew Whitaker: Enough Evidence to Have a Special Prosecutor Investigate Clinton Foundation

Mueller might be wrapping up his case, but a Second Special Counsel
would set things straight. We could see dozens of indictments,
lots of perjury charges on The Clintons, Lynch, Podesta, and
dozens more.

Tick tock.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Doesn't matter - the new guy is not recused from any Russian probe, so can assume the reigns of the SC and ensure Mueller's scope is narrow, as it should be.

Gloves are off.
Next I want to see Hillary, Rice, Lynch, Brennan, Holder, Strzok, Comey, Page...and Obama indicted for conspiring with foreign powers to undermine the US election.

That is never happening because the evidence for the FISA warrants strengthens the reasoning for the Special Counsel investigation.

If that evidence is so compelling why is carter page a free man?

Why hasn’t anyone been arrested for colluding with Russians?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

lol no worries, ATS is a conspiracy site, i am allowed to be psychic here... wheres the great Phage, im sure he can either tear my argument apart or concur quickly that if trump did anything illegal the actions against him would have happened already, bc it would be illegal in itself not to move aggressively against him.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Gloves are off.

Wanna Bet. He all but said at the press conference today it was going to be declassified. Getting rid of Sessions is how it happens - because Rosenstein is the one that was blocking it, and now Rosenstein loses his power to block it.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ouch.

Acting AG Whittaker (who will take Rosenstein's place in Mueller's investigation) is a staunch believer in limiting Mueller and even defunding him if required.

On the bright side, we can finally take those gloves off now.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Gloves are off.

I thought the assumption was that Carter Paige had made a deal and that's why he's still walking around.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Nah man, you're right. He's squeaky clean. No need for investigations there. No tax fraud, no money laundering...the Trump family pulled themselves up by the bootstraps and are true American patriots. Worthy of our praise and undeserving of the constraints of the checks and balances built into our governmental system.

Please, continue to shower them in your adulation.

link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

There is nothing in the Mueller investigation, at least not in regard to the actual reasons it was launched.

It was launched to investigation paranoid theories about "collusion" which have never been substantiated and a whole host of contradictory evidence has since come to light (including extreme/gross misconduct on the part of now-terminated or otherwise sanctioned government officials - many of which have been referred to DOJ for prosecution)

link   

BTW i am a registered democrat, and if you think Trump is a conservative right wing republican, well thats laughable. I support Trump bc of his economic policies. World debt is our greatest threat and trump was the only person with exp. to step up and TRY to fix it. I havent voted in years and dont plan too for a while until these asshole politicians fix the world debt issue they put us in.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Gloves are off.

I thought the assumption was that Carter Paige had made a deal and that's why he's still walking around.

Never saw that at all but I may have missed it

Any links to that claim?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The only thing this shows is Trumps desperation. A day after the Democrats take the House he gets rid of Sessions. Guess things didn’t go how he wanted. Lol.

Even if Trump goes full on President-is-above-the-law dictator and fires Mueller, it doesn’t matter. Because the house can rehire Mueller in January. This will only make Trump look bad in the long term and throw another log on the obstruction fire.

This is Trump being scared and feeling backed into a corner. His own sons pending indictment can’t help, and with the tangled web of his own finances who knows what Mueller has on him. Whatever it is, it’s enough for Trump to want to end the investigation into himself.

The real question is how many of you so-called patriots will support a president putting himself above the rule of law?

I'm sure every other anti-Trump radical salty hater will agree with you here. So there's a little good news for you.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join