It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AG Jeff Sessions resigns....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I can't help but think that's all wishful thinking, but I genuinely hope you're right.

link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: ketsuko

Sessions' resignation was clearly planned before the election. Who's to say Rosenstein's upcoming resignation wasn't planned as well?

It was definitely planned pre-midterms....no date on Resignation letter.

Now Rosenstein is a different beast. If he resigns it will be of his own accord....and should have a date associated with a resignation letter.

I dont think he will resign though. Bad optics.

The investigation will be placed back where it should, under the AG. Rosenstein will simply fade out of existence and eventually resign down the road, quietly.

link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Or if the FISA docs / other IG investigation shows that Rosenstein's actions provided cause for firing...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: Wayfarer

Or if the FISA docs / other IG investigation shows that Rosenstein's actions provided cause for firing...

If Rosenstein pulled shenanigans with any of that, odds are he'll be arrested or indicted.
edit on 7-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I bet he's ready to replace him with someone a little more...intelligent...and possibly a bit more moderate. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start stacking his administration with less-right leaning folks and more who are trending toward the middle, at least where it matters.

If Trump wanted a power play, all he'd have to do is get someone in there that could help legalize weed.

Guaranteed reelection and it would absolve him of much criticism on many of his platforms.... At least on Reddit.

While I would celebrate that move, it's not up there on my priorities for the country, but I know it would carry more leverage than it should.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
LMAO!!!!!! He saw all the states legalizing Marijuana and his little head exploded.

Couldn't handle it, had to dip out

There is quite a bit of money tied up in all that, stocks and other businesses. Keeping them all cash with the bank prohibitions doesn't work for the business world.
I would not be surprised if that was not part of it.

Also trump ordering it to be pulled off the schedule 1 list would gain him some votes in 2020.
He would be college kids hero.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The only thing this shows is Trumps desperation. A day after the Democrats take the House he gets rid of Sessions. Guess things didn’t go how he wanted. Lol.

Even if Trump goes full on President-is-above-the-law dictator and fires Mueller, it doesn’t matter. Because the house can rehire Mueller in January. This will only make Trump look bad in the long term and throw another log on the obstruction fire.

This is Trump being scared and feeling backed into a corner. His own sons pending indictment can’t help, and with the tangled web of his own finances who knows what Mueller has on him. Whatever it is, it’s enough for Trump to want to end the investigation into himself.

The real question is how many of you so-called patriots will support a president putting himself above the rule of law?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In case you were wondering who Matt Whitaker is

In August 2016, Matthew Whitaker, the new interim U.S. Attorney for the United States who has replaced feckless and fired Jeff Sessions, told SiriusXM host Matt Boyle of Breitbart News Daily that he has always believed “this pay-to-play, Clinton Foundation, State Department situation is much more serious” than the original Clinton email scandal.

“James Comey, the director of the FBI, stood up and talked about the emails, and the emailing of classified information. That was serious, but the real ballgame is the situation you’re describing, and that is where Clinton Foundation donors were given preferential treatment,” Whitaker told Boyle. He added:

It’s very interesting to watch the Clinton camp try to explain away these meetings. But, like you said, 50 percent of the meetings she took with people that were not essentially employees or representatives of countries or the like, just sort of individuals that wanted to meet with the Secretary of State, 50 percent of those – as the AP has reported, more than 50 percent – were Clinton Foundation donors.

"It is not possible for them to explain away that Clinton Foundation donors were given preferential treatment when it came to seeing the Secretary of State. It’s just the way business was done,” Whitaker declared, continuing:

The frustrating thing for me continues to be, she had the private email server to avoid public disclosure of her emails. She didn’t turn over any emails until two years after she was supposed to, in 2012, from the illegal server. And yet, we are now almost four years since she finished serving, and we’re still gonna see another 15,000 – what the State Department is calling “documents,” and that’s a very interesting term to me, so I think there’s more to it than just the emails."

I imagine that Her Royal Highness is very unhappy right now.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I wish some ground breaking moves would be made but I highly doubt it

I'm currently totally off the Trump train he's more of the same at this point unless something groundbreaking happens

Get your jackhammer ready!

Time to get optimistic!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Meaningless, the house won't get far.

Secondly, desperation in only the eyes of the ignorant, with the dim threat of pushing for investigation, he'll need an active AG who'll determine that ☺️

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Can we ever get back to the days where we simply don’t name call anymore?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Its win win.

Less money on the failed war on drugs.

Less money on prisons, and more resources to get real criminals.

Increased tax revenue.

It's being bought either way, question is do we want a slice of the pie?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: shooterbrody

Its win win.

Less money on the failed war on drugs.

Less money on prisons, and more resources to get real criminals.

Increased tax revenue.

It's being bought either way, question is do we want a slice of the pie?

I agree.
I have no doubt sessions wanted NO PART of any of that.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Called it. Expect a Trump loyalist to be given the position. Now we'll have to wait and see what happens with Rosenstein.

Doesn't matter - the new guy is not recused from any Russian probe, so can assume the reigns of the SC and ensure Mueller's scope is narrow, as it should be.
The fact Rosenstein was not elevated to acting AG tells you he is toast.

Gloves are off.
Next I want to see Hillary, Rice, Lynch, Brennan, Holder, Strzok, Comey, Page...and Obama indicted for conspiring with foreign powers to undermine the US election.

The declassification of the FISA stuff comes next.

If the rumors are true about that, it will show the Obama admin along with the UK and NZ were all compliant in trying to frame Trump for the Russian collusion garbage.

Thing is - the media is so badly compromised I'm not sure they will even report on it.

link   
Finally, sessions can get on with his war to finally take on marijuana!

Now it will be the hands on approach as he becomes a masked anti weed vigilante!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Meaningless, the house won't get far.

Secondly, desperation in only the eyes of the ignorant, with the dim threat of pushing for investigation, he'll need an active AG who'll determine that ☺️

Trump has no say on what the house does or does not do. And despite what you guys think, there isn’t just a “Russia Investigation” that can be shut down. It’s blossomed into dozens of investigations across multiple agencies.

This will only be bad for Trump in the long run if he stays the course. These are the actions of a scared vulnerable animal.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Because the house can rehire Mueller in January.

As Nancy Pelosi said to at least one Congressman
"Who are you? Your nobody".

I think many people will remember all of the subpoena's that
were ignored by Fusion GPS, and other cohorts in the
Spygate scandal.

A Subpoena? Who cares?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Tekaran
I wouldn't mind Lindsey Graham. He's been on fire as of late. Oh, and guess what. Nikki Haley is available to take his spot

Funny how it's so easy for rhinos to be forgiven so long as they kiss Trump's boots.

Almost like how Trump is a revered christian. That one will never stop me from waking up randomly and giggling.

Eh. People can change. Maybe Graham has been holding back. Politics have changed a lot since 2008.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

What are you talking about? Dont you realize if Trump was in any real trouble that it would have been out there already. You cant legally just hide that, even the President doesnt have that kind of power. Doing illegal activities cant just be hidden and pushed back by political theater. Whatever they found aint #.
edit on 7-11-2018 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This is wonderful news.

I bet he's ready to replace him with someone a little more...intelligent...and possibly a bit more moderate. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start stacking his administration with less-right leaning folks and more who are trending toward the middle, at least where it matters.

Some are thinking that it's to replace him with a "loyalist" to him--I think that it's in preparation to appear more willing to work with Democrats.

You think too highly of Trump, he has already replaced him with loyalist Whitaker who wrote an op-ed in 2017 condemning the Mueller probe.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join