It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AG Jeff Sessions resigns....

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

1. trump may fire any of his people for any reason, including comey. Rosenstein recommended his firing as well. in addition comey admitted trump was never a suspect in the investigation. And the investigation continued unabated, even picking up steam, showing no obstruction occured at all.

2. It depends on how trump would end it. I agree if he comes out tomorrow and disbands it for no reason, that would be a major problem. If his ag is able to point on corruption ofr problems with mueller, then it should be ended, and the evidence collected be made available.

3. He didnt commit obstruction at all.

But speaking of obama, he used executive privileged to obstruct congress from getting documents on his "wingman" holder, yet I dont recall you or other dems calling for him to be punished for obstruction.

And i know, you will say legally he was allowed to do that. well legally trump was allowed to fire comey as well.

And no, I didnt call for Obama to be impeached for his actions.

Of course though you ignore the admitted reality that Obamas irs did unfairly target conservatives, proving you were willing to ignore Obamas corruption.

And sorry you dont like trump, I have yet to see him do anything criminal at all, despite your assurances he has.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Rosenstein is irrelevant. He was neutered earlier this evening when this resignation came down. He was replaced the second a non-recused AG took over.

The so called "Trump loyalist" is now in charge of Mueller's investigation. Thankfully, his opinion on the matter is clear - it is a farce whos conspirators deserve to be punished if it is found they broke any US laws.

Here's a great start for the new DOJ: "Conspiracy to defraud the United States"

edit on 11/7/2018 by JBurns because: I can't spell worth a hoot

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Trey Gowdy .............AG ...........Nuff Said .

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I would support Gowdy for AG as well.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l
Ahem...a quick revsion in modern history for the less remembering people
Saturday Night Massacre

Has Giuliani gone yet ?

Sheesh, for the failure-to-clicables, i'll lead you in with this primer :

The Saturday Night Massacre was a series of events which took place in the United States on the evening of Saturday, October 20, 1973, during the Watergate scandal.

U.S. President Richard Nixon ordered Attorney General Elliot Richardson to fire independent special prosecutor Archibald Cox; Richardson refused and resigned effective immediately. Nixon then ordered Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus to fire Cox; Ruckelshaus refused, and also resigned. Nixon then ordered the third-most-senior official at the Justice Department, Solicitor General Robert Bork, to fire Cox. Bork considered resigning, but did as Nixon asked.

The political and public reaction to Nixon's actions were negative and highly damaging to the president. A new special counsel was appointed eleven days later on November 1, 1973 and on November 14, 1973, a court ruled that the dismissal had been illegal.

No way, the dude tried that shti !
Yup, shaw'n'all

If i was in the w/h right now,
i'd finger-bightingly worried about
who's not bringing the lattés in next Moanday

Is Guiliani off on Holiday soon ?

Trump just skipped a bunch of steps and appointed an interim AG who would do as he says instead of going down the list like Nixon.

Why even have a chain of command if you are just going to say "screw the rules we do it my way"?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
a reply to: soberbacchus

You don't make any sense.

Why do you think Trump already tried to have them declassified.

I don't make sense?

How does a President try and fail to have something declassified?

Please do tell.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

It's a super unusual case with prestigious judges stepping in to make rulings and moving at an explicably rapid pace for the courts.

I think it likely Mueller has already subpoenaed Trump and true to form has done so outside of the press spotlight and under strict seal by the courts.

www.politico.com...

Now the question is can he have Whittaker command Special Counsel to drop the Subpoena?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

He found his Robert Bork.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Recall the following quote from Lindsey Graham?

As President Donald Trump continues to publicly criticize Jeff Sessions, one of the attorney general's former colleagues is promising that if Sessions is fired, there will be "holy hell to pay."

"I'm 100% behind Jeff Sessions," Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, told CNN's Manu Raju Thursday morning on Capitol Hill. "If Jeff Sessions is fired, there will be holy hell to pay."

"This effort to basically marginalize and humiliate the attorney general is not going over well in the Senate," Graham told CNN. "If you believe Jeff Sessions should be fired, use the power you have and accept the consequences."

More here
Wonder if he's gonna stick with that and what might it mean more-so? Also, wouldn't see him wanting to be AG if he still has an issue with trump such as the above source lays out.
edit on 7-11-2018 by dreamingawake because: link issue

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Rosenstein is irrelevant.

I think his public testimony in front of the House Intelligence Committee will be enlightening.

We can learn how many times Trump asked him to obstruct justice.

The House Intelligence Committee can also subpoena any final report by Special Counsel and have Special Counsel Robert Mueller publicly testify as well.

They can also call Whittaker to testify in coming months and find out what Trump asked him to commit to or pledge before he was given the gig.

In his desperation, Trump has dug his hole deeper, just as he has with every move to obstruct the investigation thus far.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I would support Gowdy for AG as well.

Never going to happen. Gowdy is a partisan, but an honest partisan. He wasn't happy with the House investigation into Russia under Nunes and he also has a lot of respect for the FBI and Mueller.

Trump needs a minion and Gowdy is not that.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

The day you realize he can't obstruct justice by performing his constitutionally guaranteed powers/duties, is the day you stop being ignorant.

Nixon obstructed justice by destroying tapes and neglecting his duties. Trump controlling the doj can never be obstruction, especially in a counter intelligence investigation.
edit on 8-11-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

That was a year and a half ago, when he still believed the Russia bs. Now he knows it is a fake investigation.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: Swills

I do not see how firing Comey is obstructing justice. Was the Mueller probe cancelled or hindered in someway that because of it, that would affect the outcome?

People charged with Obstruction of Justice are by definition unsuccessful in their attempts to obstruct justice.

If they were successful in their attempt then they would have never been charged.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Bwahaha you think Mueller subpoenaed trump despite Mueller saying he didn't have the authority to do so? The delusion is strong.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

The day you realize he can't obstruct justice by performing his constitutionally guaranteed powers/duties, is the day you stop being ignorant.

The Presidents powers are limited by the constitution and law.
That is the way our system of government works.

A President is not above the law.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Obviously you're pretty ignorant. When the AG is fired an acting AG is appointed. It can be anyone the president chooses. Doesn't have to be Rosenstein (though, until a successor is appointed that's who it is, deputy AG). Trump did nothing out of order here.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The constitution guarantees him the right to use his powers. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Bwahaha you think Mueller subpoenaed trump despite Mueller saying he didn't have the authority to do so? The delusion is strong.

When did the Special Counsel's Office or Mueller say they did not have the authority to Subpoena a President?

Yes, I think it very likely that the Grand Jury has already Subpoenaed Trump and it is being contested in Federal Court right now under seal.

No other potential witness would have the power to get the Federal Courts to respond in days to motions that would typically take weeks or months. It also explains why the senior most member of each Federal Court has issued rulings on the matter and why the only Judge to recuse themselves thus far was a recent Trump appointee that promised to recuse himself on matters involving the President.

www.politico.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

The constitution guarantees him the right to use his powers. Sorry.

Obstruction of Justice is not one of his constitutionally granted powers.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join