It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2018 midterm election races that made history

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Well, yes.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
At the same time, this is also the problem with America.

Everywhere in the headlines you see "Minority elected", "First woman", First Gay", "First Muslim", etc.

Nowhere in any of the headlines do you see "Qualified", "Problem Solving", "responsible", "Knows what the Hell they're talking about", etc.

These people didn't get elected for capability, they got elected based on sex, orientation, skin color, and religion. This isn't something to necessarily be proud of if you ask me.

Just because the media printed it as such, desn't mean the voters voted that way. You should know better.

I said it with Trump and I'll say it with the mid-term results........change is good. The same-old same-old stopped working a long time ago. We may got get the best of best right off the bat, but it's a start.

For the first time in forever, I actually feel hope for the future.

edit on 7-11-2018 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

Because as soon as Ocasio-Cortez starts sponsering bills for free stuff because stuff will be less expensive and that's how we pay for free stuff ...

You may lose some of your hope.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

LOL

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It's only a positive development if people voted for them because of their ideas and not because they were told it is cool and fashionable to only judge a book by its cover and make decisions about people based on what color they are or what type of hole they prefer to jam their sexual organs into. Otherwise it is quite literally the same mindset of a "scary" white nationalist that only votes for white, straight men because they are a lost, pathetic soul that is starving for control over something in this world.

It's not too dissimilar to how a psychopathic serial killer sees the world either. When they are trolling for a victim they don't see a person or care about what they think -- they just see a type that fits their profile that they seek to kill and possess forever.

Diversification of ideas, not imaginary identitarian constructs that are marketed as fashionable to further promote bad ideas -- or worse yet; no ideas.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

It's only a positive development if people voted for them because of their ideas and not because they were told it is cool and fashionable to only judge a book by its cover and make decisions about people based on what color they are or what type of hole they prefer to jam their sexual organs into.

Well posted!
A star for you!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Exactly!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Dennis Hof, the brothel owner who died last month, wins election
[
You don't have to even be alive here!
What a country!!!

Wow, a true equal opportunities country indeed!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: Athetos

Perhaps simple Voter ID laws would prevent dead people voting. Rather reflects on the choice of candidates actually. I would be intrested in a link which provides some evidence of dead people voting in Nevada please provide that link

Proud to say Arkansas has a voter ID law.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: dothedew

Do you think we're proud of it or laughing at it?

Understand, most of us have no problem with diverse candidates, but we also would far prefer to have qualified ones.

Well, I should hope you make such a flippant statement after having researched and found out that all these candidates ran platforms not on actual values, but merely on their identifying qualifiers.............

Otherwise it would make your statement above sound an awful lot like unfounded projection.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

hear hear.
i could care less if you are a one-legged transexual formerly gay hindu; what matters is if you are going to make decisions I agree with or voted for, and I know you can do your job competently.

I voted against Jared Polis here in CO and am annoyed he won bc I disagree with his policies. I don't care if he is jewish or gay. it's just annoying to constantly be flouting these labels when all it does is turn people off or psych up brainwashed college kids who think if they ID as a goth or a punk is still relevant.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I can only conclude that anyone getting familiar with some of these candidates was voting for diversity before qualifications.

Ocasio-Cortez is an economic illiterate of the worst kind, and some of the rest aren't much better. But hey! They promised you free stuff. Nevrermind that they never told you how anyone will pay for that and they clearly have no clue.
edit on 7-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Ocasio-Cortez is an economic illiterate of the worst kind, and some of the rest aren't much better. But hey! They promised you free stuff. Nevrermind that they never told you how anyone will pay for that and they clearly have no clue.

She's like Bernie Sanders with breasts and doe-eyes.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Wait,

I thought Elizabeth Warren was the first female Native American to be elected... to congress? I'm so confused.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Double Post

edit on 11 9 18 by KaDeCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Totally agree with the previous poster

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
A quick question - does anyone know when the final House seats, as well as the Arizona Senate race, are going to be declared? It's Friday now and they still seem to be counting in many places.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

And don't forget the Texas Democrat Ron Reynolds that got elected from his jail cell.

Can't make this crap up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join