It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sympathy Vote?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Last night I was relaxed in bed waiting to fall asleep with the TV on in the

background and the US election on.

Then what the interviewer said 'triggered me'! They said if X (sorry I didnt get

the name) won their seat,they would be the first transgender ever elected!

For the life of me I could not get the reasoning for that throw away remark......

Being under the impression that a man transitioned to a woman, and vice versa

and each ended up the gender of their preference of being either male or female.

And thats fine .... So why do they continue to be referred to as *transgender*

they are there they have reached their goal.

So now heres the thing, my question is being transgender is a minority, so do

some people use being a minority/underdog to gain the 'sympathy vote' from

SWJ's who seem to have a penchant for supporting minorities and underdogs?

Bottom Line....

They change gender to become the opposite gender but continue to use the tag

*transgender* #smh.

edit on 7-11-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Politics is all about sympathy votes. Manipulate people into trusting you whether it be through transgender issues or whatever else, that's the name of the game.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I don't care who you sleep, what is inside your pants, or which bathroom you use. For the love of everything though; please stop pushing having 17 different boxes to check in the "sex" category.

This is not all transgenders. I am generalizing. I don't mind when people say, "I am transitioning." However, your point exactly. If that person changed their sex, aren't they what they want to be now?

I question how much it is the individual person creating this label to fell included and how much the media plays it up to make each stepping stone "a first".

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Yes I absolutely think sympathy is involved.

For those not old enough, transgendered people have been using whatever bathroom they want for as long as I can remember. Nobody cared, and we all knew. Now they have to tell everyone and wonder why it's a problem.

Who cares!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
sorry dbl!
edit on 7-11-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

fantastic point. If they cling to the tag line "transgender", it almost seems like it's an attention thing, rather than a biological choice. Which would put quite a few points on the board for "mental illness".

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What isn't a sympathy vote now days as it is. Throw enough money and enough concern, a bill will surely pass. Sure transgendered people been using bathroom for a long time but they also had to deal with discrimination.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If you’re going to be a public figure, these things are hard to keep quiet. All kinds of things come out, whether you want them to or not.

Yes, someday, it will be a total non-issue and not even worth mentioning. But for now, it’s news. Can’t blame the transgender person for that.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
If you’re going to be a public figure, these things are hard to keep quiet. All kinds of things come out, whether you want them to or not.

Yes, someday, it will be a total non-issue and not even worth mentioning. But for now, it’s news. Can’t blame the transgender person for that.

perhaps one day, your sentence might read:

Can’t blame a person for that.

top topics

join