It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi loves her country- Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I mean.. Talk about a 180. Is this kind of talk appreciated? Sure- Cant by a hypocrite and berate him on all his negative comments and then ignore the interesting ones like this.

But I must ask- with all the pelosi hate here- Do you all agree she deserves credit/loves her country/ and will work for the benefit of U.S citizens?

Speaking as a lib who voted blue- Im sick of her and would like new blood.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
I mean.. Talk about a 180. Is this kind of talk appreciated? Sure- Cant by a hypocrite and berate him on all his negative comments and then ignore the interesting ones like this.

But I must ask- with all the pelosi hate here- Do you all agree she deserves credit/loves her country/ and will work for the benefit of U.S citizens?

Could be two things.

1. trump is genuinely trying to reach across the aisle, realizing he now needs dems.

2. More likely

Gamesmanship on trumps part. He knows pelosi is loathed, and her being speaker helps him out, so he is pushing towards her for speaker.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: [post]Grambler[/post]

I think number 2 is far more likely... However if he is serious- and his supporters just assume hes playing 4d chess- doesnt that go to show that his rhetoric has in fact influenced his voting populace....?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I don't believe for one minute that pelosi even knows what planet she's on.

He's just buttering her up so he can get something from her.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I I can't, for the life of me, understand how her OR Waters are still in office. Both are washed up and full of hatred.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I think number 2 is far more likely... However if he is serious- and his supporters just assume hes playing 4d chess- doesnt that go to show that his rhetoric has in fact influenced his voting populace....?

Of course hius rhetoric has influenced his voters.

All presidents could say the same

The question is to what end?

Did Obamas rhetoric on police influence his voters on the police? Do I blame him for when his voters attacked or did inapproriate things to police? Not at all.

The irony of the lefts vitriol against trump is that actaually trump is almost a moderate dmeocrat.

And he i more interested in being popular than being an idealogue.

Had the dems just kissed his butt and convinced him their positions were popular, trump would have went for many of them.

Instead, his gut reaction is to fight back against the treatment of him, whioch honestly although i feel he goes over the line, i agree with the premise of his.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Not necessarily. I would imagine there are a lot of us that would do the same thing if we were in that position.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Again I feel this just goes back to the fact that we on the left cant stand the way the man conducts his business. Many trump haters have hated trump in a silly way for YEARS. Before he became leader of the free world- Cause he always came across as a sleazy snake-oil salesman... to us... those who hate him. We dont care that in reality he truly is a moderate dem.

It comes down to the fact that his conduct is representative of his past- something most of is haters already hated on. To the trump haters... this is the most important part of keeping the sanctity of the oval office in tact. I think its really that simple whether one agrees or disagrees with a trump vote.
edit on 7-11-2018 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So when he is uncivil it is bad.
When he attempts to be civil it is bad.

lol
he is exposing the double standard quite effectively

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

The sanctity of the oval office was unloaded by the dems with a blue dress and a cigar. If yall didnt care about the abuse of power over a 21 yo intern, i could care less about trumps rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Back in Reagan’s first term when he was the Commie Cowboy, countries such as the Philippines would go to him for aid funding by saying they were fighting interests that were sowing ideas for a change to communism. Worked like a charm because the checkbook was open.

By promoting Pelosi, and he will even campaign for her in the House if she needs it, is placating her cheerleading efforts against him and opens the door for needed bipartisan compromises needed to pass his ideas as well. I look to see infrastructure to be the doorway issue. Trump will be very accommodating on the particular projects funded in exchange for domestic material and labor mandates and maybe even the border wall for a shoot the moon parts of negotiated points.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Again I feel this just goes back to the fact that we on the left cant stand the way the man conducts his business. Many trump haters have hated trump in a silly way for YEARS. Before he became leader of the free world- Cause he always came across as a sleazy snake-oil salesman... to us... those who hate him. We dont care that in reality he truly is a moderate dem.

It comes down to the fact that his conduct is representative of his past- something most of is haters already hated on. To the trump haters... this is the most important part of keeping the sanctity of the oval office in tact. I think its really that simple whether one agrees or disagrees with a trump vote.

If this is true then why don't most democrats mind when the left takes the lowest route possible in an attempt to sink Trump? What they do is far more sleazy and dirty than what they try to pin on Trump.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Go back and check my post history.

I have been saying since the day trump got elected.

He has no true party loyalty.

Trump WILL start being more democratic now that the dems have more power.

Trump sides with whomever has the power.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Didn't Trump recently say he wished he could have a soften tone, but has no choice.

Maybe he made an executive decision on 'tone'

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I wouldn't disagree with that.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

True he has no party loyalty. But Trump is for the people and the people are for him. If he kowtows, he can kiss 2020 goodbye.

link   

If he starts buddying up to the Dems more and ignoring the Repubs, it's going to be a real interesting 2 years listening to his base have s#fits about it.

link   

But his supporters also know who he is and was. it's not a secret. But what I honestly cannot grasp, is why the left cannot even give his policies that are working a chance. his negotiations with NAFTA and now with China working with trade, it's a win for the US, not the republicans. But rather than offer any hope of unity, the left clings tightly to their wet dream of impeachment, and now some of the loony ones are including Pence in their impeachment talk. I should applaud this, as it will solidify Trump 2020, but damn, watching this train wreck is getting a bit old. It's a shame that the left cannot see that.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If that is what it takes to get healthcare reform, immigration law reform, an infrastructure bill passed, I doubt any in his "base" will care.
Funny that when the "compromise" some have been screaming for now appears it is unwelcome.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

But waht sanctity of the office?

JFK tag teaming ladies with his brother?

jefferon nailing slaves?

Johnoson whipping it out to intimidate reporters?

Obama bringing snoop dog and other to the oval office.

BILL CLINTON?

Trumps a vulgar man,. I probably wouldnt hang out with uhim (eh yeah I would, but many of my friends are vulgar) He cheated on his wife which I have no respect for.

But I try to judge people based on actions and policies, not how lieable they are.

For example, Obama seemed very dignified and personable. Yet he did a lot of thiogs i didnt like. I will not say he is better than a vulgar person who has policies I agree with more.

The dems, by making it all about trumps character, have made a huge blunder. Now he and his supporters are deemed racists of authoatraians, and the divide widens even further.

And yes, I know turmp contributes. But you yourself are admitting dems hated him before he even ran, so what chance did he have to not be attacked personally.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join