It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats took the House, Republicans kept the Senate. What does this mean, what happens now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Theocracy4America

Do you honestly want America to become a theocracy? If so who do you see leading it?

I hope it Joel osteen he has great hair and a lot of twitter followers.
Joel never opens his eyes, guy is totally shady

I get an uneasy vibe from the guy. Like there is something demonic going on within him. Not saying that's the case, I just get a weird feeling.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

There is nothing uneasy about Joel, you guys are crazy. He walks the line perfectly so he can get lots of followers.

Edit this is sarcasm.

By the way theocracy is anti American.
edit on 7-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

There is nothing uneasy about Joel, you guys are crazy. He walks the line perfectly so he can get lots of followers.

Don't get me wrong. I go to a church which has over 20k members, so I have nothing against megachurches. Just Joel gives me the creeps. That could just be me though. I'm don't want to bashing the guy, and that is not the purpose of this thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theocracy4America

Do you honestly want America to become a theocracy? If so who do you see leading it?

I honestly do. And of course God would lead it, though his scriptures. That's the point of theocracy. If you mean human leadership trusted to serve God, my personal vote is for Mike Pence.

Could I apply for the Beer and Burger concession at the heretic burnings and stoneings festivals. Making God Great Again!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I honestly do. And of course God would lead it, though his scriptures. That's the point of theocracy. If you mean human leadership trusted to serve God, my personal vote is for Mike Pence.

Could I apply for the Beer and Burger concession at the heretic burnings and stoneings festivals. Making God Great Again!!!

I don't think you understand. A government has no right to say what you can buy and sell, this is not some mark of the Beast nonsense. Sell your burgers snd beer all you want. That's part of what it's all about.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Sorry to derail.

The importance of government stalemate can't be over emphasized.

The unintended consequences of a government passing lots of laws for one side is great. This is why our founders made the system the way it is.

Checks and balances.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You have heard the old saying, "separation of church and state", haven't you?

link   

I don't think you understand. A government has no right to say what you can buy and sell, this is not some mark of the Beast nonsense. Sell your burgers snd beer all you want. That's part of what it's all about.

Who does? A man allegedly talking to God? Yeah that can't go wrong.

link   
At the conclusion of this election the final scene of 'Burning After Reading' kept replaying in my mind.

"So, what did we learn?"

"I don't know."

"Christ, was a cluster----. Perhaps we learned to maybe never do it again? But hell if I know what we even did."

(paraphrasing)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Man that would be a weird hell-dimension:

I can see it now, President Pence slogans up everywhere! "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I don't think you understand....people fled to America because of theocratic persecution and you want to bring it back?

Do I detect a slight antisemitic vibe, wrapped up in a Aryan Bros Tshirt?
edit on 7-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
GOD told me to do this; GOD told me to do that; He told me this; he told me that: NO, just NO.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I tried to 2 star you but it didn't take.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I don't think you understand....people fled to America because of theocratic persecution and you want to bring it back?

Do I detect a slight antisemitic vibe, wrapped up in a Aryan Bros Tshirt?

Absolutely not. I could copy and paste, but I got yelled at last time for that. This page shows why we can't have or tolerate antisemitic or racist ideas. www.theocraticamerica.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
GOD told me to do this; GOD told me to do that; He told me this; he told me that: NO, just NO.

Doesn't work like that, you have to back it up with scripture.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

It's a theocracy. He's not going to be something as lowly as a President. He'll be something like High Priest Pence or Pontiff Pence.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

What about that time God said it was ok to crush your child with a boulder if they were disobedient?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

a reply to: Wayfarer

It's a theocracy. He's not going to be something as lowly as a President. He'll be something like High Priest Pence or Pontiff Pence.

High Priest Pence. That has a nice ring to it.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

No I don't. Try reading up on our founding documents.

Edit: "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. Render unto God that which is God's".
edit on 7-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

No I don't. Try reading up on our founding documents.

An American Theocracy would not change the structure of the nation much, just replace the constitution with scripture. Judges still reference that as a constitution.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join