It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA I-1639 Passes...wtf

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

the most important and sane post in thread

why does this ONLY seem to apply to firearms ???????????????????

leaving any other dangerous object " unsecured " for criminals tto use is APPARENTLY acceptable

hmm - really does look like merkins have a firearms fetish [ weather pro or anti ]

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

reading the actuall legislation would help :

WARNING: YOU MAY FACE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION IF YOU STORE OR LEAVE AN UNSECURED FIREARM WHERE A PERSON WHO IS PROHIBITED FROM POSSESSING FIREARMS CAN AND DOES OBTAIN POSSESSION. [4]

Under the measure, violators would be guilty of a class 1 civil infraction and could have been fined up to $250.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The imbeciles in Florida voted that even if the law changes making an act noncriminal, those who committed the act prior still have to serve their whole sentences.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Sounds sane and rational to me. It is treating gun ownership with the respect for the capability of harm that a gun may potentially cause.

You do know that the primary use of guns, anywhere in the world, is suicide, don't you? The next use is murder. Gun use in protection of person and property is vanishingly small. If you believe that gun ownership is for protection, you are living in a fantasy.

Pie chart, International Gun Statistics - politicsthatwork
edit on 7/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

I really wish I had the kind of time to do that...unfortunately I don't as I have a business to run...

Being in Texas you're probably pretty safe. WA has been the bluest of blues for over 20 years...and it's only getting worse. I could never see Texas being in this situation...

A2D

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Criminalizing a victim sounds sane and rational to you?

Denying a combat veteran the right to purchase a rifle based on PTSD sounds sane and rational?

Denying 18-20 year olds their 2nd amendment right sounds sane and rational?

Please......

A2D
edit on 7-11-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Again, if I'm robbed...how do I PROVE my firearm was stored properly?

A2D

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Again, if I'm robbed...how do I PROVE my firearm was stored properly?

A2D

They question the thief, obviously.

So basically, based on the testimony of someone who stole from you, you could go to jail.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Criminalizing a victim sounds sane and rational to you?

Denying a combat veteran the right to purchase a rifle based on PTSD sounds sane and rational?

Denying 18-20 year olds their 2nd amendment right sounds sane and rational?

Please......

A2D

Think of your 'victim' as being found to have ownership of dangerous machinery in breach of safety laws.

That the discovery of the breach is linked to the investigation of another crime, does not exonerate the person in breach of the laws. There is no double jeopardy involved.

(and might not a combat veteran suffering PTSD constitute a suicide risk?)

edit on 7/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Expect a SCotUS ruling.

Victims of a crime being charged for a crime is very constitutional.

Unless you solve the underlying problems related to gun violence. Nothing will change.

And the underlying problems of fun violence are rooted in law abiding people owning guns?

If someone steals your car then uses it in a robbery, evades police in it and runs over an innocent bystander in the chase, are you culpable? Because that's where this goes.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Sounds sane and rational to me. It is treating gun ownership with the respect for the capability of harm that a gun may potentially cause.

You do know that the primary use of guns, anywhere in the world, is suicide, don't you? The next use is murder. Gun use in protection of person and property is vanishingly small. If you believe that gun ownership is for protection, you are living in a fantasy.

Living in a fantasy, Like living in Mordor.

Lol.
edit on 7-11-2018 by Muninn because: Damn auto correct

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Expect a SCotUS ruling.

Unless you solve the underlying problems related to gun violence. Nothing will change.

And the underlying problems of fun violence are rooted in law abiding people owning guns?

If someone steals your car then uses it in a robbery, evades police in it and runs over an innocent bystander in the chase, are you culpable? Because that's where this goes.

Fun violence.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Expect a SCotUS ruling.

Cars can have dangerously unmaintained steering and brakes and are usually periodically checked as to fitness of purpose. If you own such a vehicle, it puts you at risk, legally, in a case of vehicular manslaughter, even if you weren't behind the wheel.

Ownership of something that poses potential danger has consequence under law. You must abide by laws framed to mitigate against that risk. If you don't, you can be accused of liability, should misadventure occur.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

My bad.

That should of been unconstitutional.

Edited my original post.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

so it's your position that most people who buy a gun, do so for a planned suicide or murder?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Not an accurate analogy because you state "in breach of...". I could still be held legally responsible even if I was in full compliance unless for whatever reason I have 24/7 surveillance on my safe to prove that it was properly stored but still stolen and used in a criminal act...

I have a safe. I have a gun. I put gun in safe. I go on vacation. Man breaks in house. Steals gun. Shoots neighbor. How do I prove my gun was actually in the safe and not on the mattress in plain sight?

I have a safe. I have a gun. I have a 12-17 year old child. I put gun in safe. I go to Costco for yummy free samples. Child unlocks safe and takes gun. Child shoots himself in face because he wanted free samples too but I'm mean dad. How do I prove my gun was in the safe?

A2D
edit on 7-11-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Living in a fantasy, Like living in Mordor.

Lol.

Yes, Mordor is a fantasy.

I live in New Zealand, and south of Auckland, it's largest city. JAFA.

The Shire, is idyllic countryside and was filmed at a location called Mata Mata. In contrast, the city of Auckland is like Mordor compared to the idyllic countryside of Mata Mata (although there are sheep grazing on grassy hills all around Auckland) and my property is rural. There is a steel mill visible from my property as well, and it burns off waste gas from a chimney, which you could imagine is like the flaming eye of Sauron. It's a New Zealander's little joke.

Your point?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

so it's your position that most people who buy a gun, do so for a planned suicide or murder?

No. Their intention at purchase has little to do with the with the most probable actual use.

I was pointing out that the advertising misrepresents the actuality.

The statistics I presented are real and irrefutable.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Problem with throwing numbers out is inevitably certain numbers always get left out... like the number of firearms in this country that never commit a crime.

there are more guns than people in this country, and I would wager that the percentage of guns used in a crime or suicide is infinitesimal in comparison to the weapons that never ever take a human life.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Not an accurate analogy because you state "in breach of...". I could still be held legally responsible even if I was in full compliance unless for whatever reason I have 24/7 surveillance on my safe to prove that it was properly stored but still stolen and used in a criminal act...

I have a safe. I have a gun. I put gun in safe. I go on vacation. Man breaks in house. Steals gun. Shoots neighbor. How do I prove my gun was actually in the safe and not on the mattress in plain sight?

I have a safe. I have a gun. I have a 12-17 year old child. I put gun in safe. I go to Costco for yummy free samples. Child unlocks safe and takes gun. Child shoots himself in face because he wanted free samples too but I'm mean dad. How do I prove my gun was in the safe?

A2D

Generally, safes prevent theft and easy access.

If someone steals your gun from a safe or a child unlocks the safe, the safe isn't working. In either case, it could be proposed in court that the gun must not have been properly secured.

If you find that your a safe, containing a gun, has been stolen or otherwise opened and the gun removed, and you report such to the police, then it is obvious that you no longer owned the gun and therefore would not be liable as the owner. Ownership would be revoked by the reported theft.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join