It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA I-1639 Passes...wtf

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Holy hell...I thought for sure there was no way this would pass...but it did. With flying colors...

I-1639

Coming up it had already been questioned all the way to the state SC...I'm hoping it goes all the way to the US SC because there is just no way it stands.

1. It prohibits anyone under the age of 21 from purchasing a semi automatic rifle.

2. It criminalizes victims. If I get robbed it doesnt matter whether my weapon is in a safe or not...safes are often the targets. If my firearm is then used in a murder or other criminal activity, I COULD BE CHARGED. Wtf?

Gun stores are often targets...and guess what? Their guns are all locked!

3. It makes me give up my own HIPAA privacy rights in order to exercise my 2nd amendment right. Sacrificing one right for another...common sense right? Furthermore, as a disabled combat veteran of the US Marine Corps, I could quite possibly be denied my right because of PTSD.

Absolutely insane.

A2D

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I wish I could say I am shocked, but the anti gunners have gotten really good at propaganda and the NRA and others like them have not pushed back as hard as they used to.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Expect a SCotUS ruling.

Victims of a crime being charged for a crime is very unconstitutional.

Unless you solve the underlying problems related to gun violence. Nothing will change.
edit on 7-11-2018 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I used to order parts from a business
based out of Tacoma.

They Just recently relocated to Montana
LoL, go figure
guess they saw the writing on the wall.
edit on 11/7/2018 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I look forward to this overreaching joke being crushed by the Supreme Court.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Holy hell.
I need to buy an AR before that sort of crazy stuff happens out my way.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I agree that this will get challenged and most likely overturned as you cannot make the victim of a crime the criminal.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It’s about time for the gun fetish crowd learned they are mentally challenged minority. Speaking of, it looks like many, many of the nra (Russian front) candidates got creamed! a reply to: Agree2Disagree

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Not really sure how it's a 'gun fetish' when legal owners can be charged for a crime when someone steals their property. Maybe you can explain that one.

Should you be charged with a crime if you get carjacked and the scumbag thief runs someone over?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

More "common sense" punishment for exercising your right.

Wonder when they'll attack the 1st Amendment next?

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
It’s about time for the gun fetish crowd learned they are mentally challenged minority. Speaking of, it looks like many, many of the nra (Russian front) candidates got creamed! a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Judging by your comment, I'd say your mental capacity is not exactly stellar either.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yea, them gun nuts only make up a small part of the US, I'd try to piss them off as best you could just for the fun of it.
I mean, what could happen, amirite?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

That's what you got out of this overreaching pitifully written initiative that craps all over the Constitution?

Ok.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Please tell me you're joking.

Since when is wanting to legally purchase, own, and operate a firearm considered a fetish? Also, if someone steals a firearm from my safe, how exactly am I supposed to prove my firearm was actually in the safe, locked up, like it's supposed to be according to i1639? There is no way to enforce this ridiculous over reach....even state police authorities were against it because it's absolutely insane.

A2D

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Depending on who the brained poli's are..it may or may not matter anyways..

A2D

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Two things.

First, I think you should look around for a lawyer who will represent you pro bono and move the HIPAA vs 2d Amendment rights that affect you through the courts. Assuming you have the time.

Second, thanks for reminding me I promised to expand my stable should the Ds take the house. This is even a better reason (the fact a State cares so little for its citizens rights - really a sad day).

Being in Texas, we almost fell to Beto (a self-professed gun grabber), but our Governor secured his reelection very early, so our 2d rights are set for the immediate future.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
I look forward to this overreaching joke being crushed by the Supreme Court.

If only it were funny.
Must be terrifying to those actually living under such insane rules.
If you're a chronic pain patient the government already negates HIPAA by telling your doctor what is or is not appropriate treatment then forcing compliance that adversely affects your health and well-being.
If we don't reign in state and federal overreach in to our lives we will no rights left at all.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Old enough to murder someone for your country, with blessings from the lemmings!

But not old enough to buy a semi automstic rifle.

'Murica!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join