It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor's race still going on in Wisconsin :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
fox11online.com...

AP: Evers wins governor's race; Walker doesn't concede
Wisconsin has recount laws (Thanks to Walker)

"If such an election has smaller than one percent (eg. 20,000 votes in a race with two million voters), the "loser" in such an election can request a recount, but would have to pay for it."

And now we get to deal with this:
"Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch told supporters to brace for a “long, drawn-out recount.”

Normally I lean Right, but I seriously can't wait for Walker to get out of here. He is a sell out. He is uneducated and he has been terrible for our state.
I'm not crazy about Evers, but I think sometimes the pendulum needs to swing the other way.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I was just saying in another thread, I dont even pay attention to the party if the incombant sucks...I vote against the incombant.

Even moving from a zero to a .5 chance of the person being qualified to help the state and it's people is better than voting for a known failure.
edit on 7-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Looks like Georgia

Kemp is leading Abrams by about three percentage points — 50.6 percent to 48.5 percent — with 97 percent of precincts reporting. The Democrat’s campaign believes there are enough outstanding votes to trigger a run-off election in the state. If neither candidate earns more than 50 percent of the vote, then they will head for a Dec. 4 runoff — the first general election gubernatorial runoff in the state’s history.

www.msn.c... om/en-us/news/politics/georgias-stacey-abrams-refuses-to-concede-says-victory-within-reach/ar-BBPr2by?ocid=ientp

and Florida

Just 34,435 votes separated Gov. Scott and Democrat Sen. Bill Nelson on Wednesday morning, a difference of 0.42 percentage points. That's within the margin that could launch a recount.

Nelson declared Wednesday morning that is exactly what he is expecting.

are in similar spots as Wisconsin for some races. Usually, I am annoyed when a candidate wont concede. I think it is poor sportsmanship. However, I think it is crazy how close a lot of these races were with the votes.

We seem to have a real large divide between the values of large urban centers and smaller "farm towns". I fear this division is only going to get worse as people feel repressed. This makes my believe in deemphasizing central government even more.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Amen to everything you said!

I had a friend say people think Atlanta is Georgia and it isn't.

I think you have some other interesting things going on in Atlanta, at least from what i'm hearing/reading.
People think there has been voter suppression. I'm not sure if that is the case, or if that is just what they want people to believe.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The thing that blows me away about Georgia is both candidates have terrible financial history. The Republican is being sued for loan defaults of 100's ot thousands.

The Democrat is radically left, and also in significant personal finance issues.

Shouldn't that disqualify you from managing a state? Not the viewpoint but financial problems?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I am absolutely not surprised about either of their financial histories. It seems like those things don't matter to the public anymore.

I absolutely love Georgia and even seriously considered moving there a while back. I have to say, your traffic,
politics and school system, and traffic again, really scares a lot of people away.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I was just saying in another thread, I dont even pay attention to the party if the incombant sucks...I vote against the incombant.

Even moving from a zero to a .5 chance of the person being qualified to help the state and it's people is better than voting for a known failure.

What is an incombant ?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

Looks like Georgia

Kemp is leading Abrams by about three percentage points — 50.6 percent to 48.5 percent — with 97 percent of precincts reporting. The Democrat’s campaign believes there are enough outstanding votes to trigger a run-off election in the state. If neither candidate earns more than 50 percent of the vote, then they will head for a Dec. 4 runoff — the first general election gubernatorial runoff in the state’s history.

www.msn.c... om/en-us/news/politics/georgias-stacey-abrams-refuses-to-concede-says-victory-within-reach/ar-BBPr2by?ocid=ientp

and Florida

Just 34,435 votes separated Gov. Scott and Democrat Sen. Bill Nelson on Wednesday morning, a difference of 0.42 percentage points. That's within the margin that could launch a recount.

Nelson declared Wednesday morning that is exactly what he is expecting.

are in similar spots as Wisconsin for some races. Usually, I am annoyed when a candidate wont concede. I think it is poor sportsmanship. However, I think it is crazy how close a lot of these races were with the votes.

We seem to have a real large divide between the values of large urban centers and smaller "farm towns". I fear this division is only going to get worse as people feel repressed. This makes my believe in deemphasizing central government even more.

Merely the Loopy Dems pulling the Gore Gambit again
Over and over
I guess they feel lunacy triumphs over reason

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Text Normally I lean Right, but I seriously can't wait for Walker to get out of here. He is a sell out. He is uneducated and he has been terrible for our state.

I disagree that he has been terrible for our state.
I wasn’t a huge fan of him on the “national stage” but he was good for us on the homefront.
S&F

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

He is uneducated and he has been terrible for our state. I'm not crazy about Evers, but I think sometimes the pendulum needs to swing the other way.

I am not crazy that there were not better candidates (I voted third party). Evers seems like a non-entity. Malleable and purchasable.

With that said, I also believe in term limits. That includes Governors. Time for Walker to move on.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
www.ajc.com... apparently georgia called for kemp breaking as of 8 minutes ago

Republican Brian Kemp’s campaign declared victory Wednesday after election returns showed he maintained a slim majority over Democrat Stacey Abrams with nearly all precincts reporting. Abrams, meanwhile, said she wouldn’t concede the race until all ballots are counted, and her campaign started preparing for what could be a lengthy battle in the courtroom and in the media over the outcome of the nationally watched race. Both the bitter rivals largely retreated from public view after an exhausting Election Day, but their campaign deputies held dueling teleconferences trying to shape the narrative of the tense competition. Expressing confidence his lead at the ballot box was insurmountable, Kemp moved swiftly to begin the transition to the state’s top office. He set up an event Thursday with Gov. Nathan Deal, the two-term Republican who endorsed him.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: luthier

What is an incombant ?

You can always trust when people have no point or argument to fall back on fallacy of grammar, strawmen, or ad hominem.

new topics

top topics

join