It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican who once lamented not being able to call women 'sluts' loses to a women

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Minnesota Republican Jason Lewis used to have a radio show called the "America's Mr. Right". On that show he lamented that he could no longer call women sluts. Well, fast forward to today and he lost his seat to a woman.

Lewis, who was a regular fill-in for Limbaugh's national radio show, also offered a defense of the right-wing radio host for his comments on Fluke, saying, "Now Limbaugh's reasoning was, look, if you're demanding that the taxpayers pay for your contraception, you must use a lot of them and therefore, ergo, you're very sexually active and in the old days, what we used to call people who were in college or even graduate school who were sexually active, we called them sluts."

He continued, "Especially if you want somebody to pay for it. Now you know, obviously that's a stretch. It was meant as an aspect of entertainment radio."

LINK

This is the problem. Many of my Republican friends are upset over being labeled racist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, or bigots. Well, if you don't want to be called those things quit voting for candidates that are those things. This man received 47.2% of the vote and that indicates that almost half of that district is ok with calling women sluts.

This is how the Republicans have become labeled the party of the extremes because Republicans keep supporting deeply flawed candidates.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

First, I am ok with calling some women sluts.

Same with men who sleep around.

Are women special snowflakes that cant be criticized or joked about?

Second, do you have any proof that those 47.2 percent that voted for him were even aware of these comments? yet you brazenly claim they were ok with them with no proof they even knew the comments were made.

Third, the highest levels of the democrats ran on the idea that women must always be believed over men. In other words, based on your sex, something you have no control over, you are judges as being more likely to be a liar.

That is actual bigotry that was pushed front and center by the leaders of the democratic party.

So is it your contention that anyone who voted for a democrat is bigotted?
edit on 7-11-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
Minnesota Republican Jason Lewis used to have a radio show called the "America's Mr. Right". On that show he lamented that he could no longer call women sluts. Well, fast forward to today and he lost his seat to a woman.

Lewis, who was a regular fill-in for Limbaugh's national radio show, also offered a defense of the right-wing radio host for his comments on Fluke, saying, "Now Limbaugh's reasoning was, look, if you're demanding that the taxpayers pay for your contraception, you must use a lot of them and therefore, ergo, you're very sexually active and in the old days, what we used to call people who were in college or even graduate school who were sexually active, we called them sluts."

He continued, "Especially if you want somebody to pay for it. Now you know, obviously that's a stretch. It was meant as an aspect of entertainment radio."

LINK

This is the problem. Many of my Republican friends are upset over being labeled racist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, or bigots. Well, if you don't want to be called those things quit voting for candidates that are those things. This man received 47.2% of the vote and that indicates that almost half of that district is ok with calling women sluts.

This is how the Republicans have become labeled the party of the extremes because Republicans keep supporting deeply flawed candidates.

Spot on, It's the same thing that drove the R's to elect Ellison as AG.

They love their flawed candidates and there are way to many that vote for them.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Republicans love it when their candidates beat their girlfriends.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Not as good as when the politically-correct, elitist snobs lost to a boorish reality-tv show host. That one will go down in history.

Keep fear-mongering about rhetoric and see how well that works.
edit on 7-11-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Another race that was very disturbing was IL-3. The GOP candidate was a self-professed Nazi and while he was never going to win the seat he still managed to get around 25% of the vote. Either those 25% are so blinded by partisan politics that they can't see anything beyond R and D or they actually support Nazi ideology. Either option is pretty bad.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
False.

One election story doesn't dictate an entire narrative and broadstroke, that's for ignorant OPs.

If the Repubs were such extremes, why not overwhelming wins for Dems yesterday?

Secondly, you have no republican friends, especially ones that are upset about being labeled with whatever label you can think of, not that important enough to even consider you as any measure of indication on any scale, just another group of nobodies.

People vote for a variety of reason and there will be pros and cons, but you go with what you feel will be the better outcome overall.

Ahem, Keith Ellison.
edit on 7-11-2018 by Arnie123 because: Some just can't, smh.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Another race that was very disturbing was IL-3. The GOP candidate was a self-professed Nazi and while he was never going to win the seat he still managed to get around 25% of the vote. Either those 25% are so blinded by partisan politics that they can't see anything beyond R and D or they actually support Nazi ideology. Either option is pretty bad.

My guess is many of those votes were just staright party votes, which i agree is bad.

However, lets not forget that noted ant semite farrakhan's buddy and credibly accused woman beater ellison actually did achieve victory for the dems.

I find that far more disturbing than a crappy republican losing

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Many of my Republican friends are upset over being labeled racist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, or bigots. Well, if you don't want to be called those things quit voting for candidates that are those things.

Pretty much. People think they can support a politician for economic policies while turning a blind eye to everything else. That’s not how it works. Turning a blind eye to the hateful rhetoric of a candidate is implicitly endorsing that rhetoric.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The real ugliness came out in full swing this midterm. The overt racism is almost mind boggling for a first world country who's backbone was immigrants.

But I guess when you go to war over slavery, wipe out indigenous people almost completely, nazis running for office and racist robocalls and failed church mass murders are all not that surprising any more.

The new America.
But it's business as usual for the privy ones.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Many of my Republican friends are upset over being labeled racist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, or bigots. Well, if you don't want to be called those things quit voting for candidates that are those things.

Pretty much. People think they can support a politician for economic policies while turning a blind eye to everything else. That’s not how it works. Turning a blind eye to the hateful rhetoric of a candidate is implicitly endorsing that rhetoric.

Ok so as someone I assume voted democrat, you are supporting ellison possibly beating a woman, and his friendship ith a man that likened all jews to termites a week before the synagogue shooting.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Keith Ellison, Tony Cárdenas and Bobby Scott, and Sen. Bob Menendez...

Why do you hate women...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

How was racism on display?

because some jerk set up a robocall?

Because a nut shot up a synagogue?

Was homophobia on display by the Democrats when Omar mateen, the night club shooter, father was standing behind hillary at a rally?

Was bigotry displayed by dems when steve scalise was shot?

And why only look at the racism from one side?

What about the bigotry of the dems saying women must be believed over men? What about their racism in saying white people need to shut up?

What about their connections to anti semites from people in tip positions of their party, like Obama and ellison?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

That shouldn't be the case though. The world isn't as black and white as a blanket statement.

People don't disown family members because they made mistakes or were ignorant of some things.

When someone has bright ideas, and yet falters in other areas, the worst thing to do is to point out their faults. The best thing to do is to try to rectify those faults whilst maximizing the good parts.

Case in point with trump. His handlers don't dare let him speak to the nation on his own. They know his weaknesses and faults ; however his handlers also praise his good skills.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
False.

One election story doesn't dictate an entire narrative and broadstroke, that's for ignorant OPs.

Secondly, you have no republican friends, especially ones that are upset about being labeled with whatever label you can think of, not that important enough to even consider you as any measure of indication on any scale, just another group of nobodies.

People vote for a variety of reason and there will be pros and cons, but you go with what you feel will be the better outcome overall.

Ahem, Keith Ellison.

What would have been an "overwhelming" win, in your eyes?

At the local and state levels, democrats did quite well.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You forgot the failed church shooting a few weeks ago. Still manage to kill 2 blacks while telling a white guy whites don't shoot whites... I don't have to guess who he voted for. (it's online... Like everything else.)

What's the point of defending racists really?
By 'jerk' I assume you mean racist....

Show me racist nazis dems running for office or racist robocalls made by dems.
I don't recall mateen's father killing anyone in the name of a party or race...
edit on 7-11-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

originally posted by: Arnie123
False.

Ahem, Keith Ellison.

What would have been an "overwhelming" win, in your eyes?

At the local and state levels, democrats did quite well.

Not losing the senate.

Achieving more that what was historically the norm, which they didnt.

Achieving seats like the repubs did in obamas first midterm, which was an overwhelming win.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

You forgot the failed church shooting a few weeks ago. Still manage to kill 2 blacks while telling a white guy whites don't shoot whites... I don't have to guess who he voted for. (it's online... Like everything else.)

Show me racist dems running for office or racist robocalls.

There are plenty of racist dems, like ellison and obama who pal around with jew hater farrakhan.

Had trump been photgraphed and hung out with publicly famous anti semites in this manner, he would rightfully be called out.

And thats not to mention the racism of dems against white people, and their bigotry towards men.

Remember, men should be distrusted over women merely because of their sex. Thats what the leaders of the dem platform told us very clearly.

Its just that many of these dmes feel that attacking certain races or sexes is ok. I disagree.

And I am not defending racists, I am pointing out I dont think that racism was on full dsiplay this election.

I think that is a leftist talking point that belittles true racism.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

By 'jerk' I assume you mean racist....

Show me racist nazis dems running for office or racist robocalls made by dems.

Most Dems are racist. They routinely hold vast sums of people to different standards based on skin-color alone.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Good for you NPC. You'll post anything with a negative slant to Republicans. If only you devoted that time to something useful you wouldn't be just another left on the way out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join