It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF is this electronic voting??? Land of the free my fat hairy ass lol

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Electronic voting? Seriously? You trust that lmfao!
Here in the UK regular office staff of local authorities earn decent time and a half overtime counting actual paper ballots. The guys transporting the boxes to the count have to be in pairs and they are just average citizens who we know.
I've done two counts in my life, the system is perfect, there is zero chance of conspiracy unless thousands of people are in on the game and for whatever reason I missed out on the gig.
Computers and electronic voting seem fishy as # to me, but whatever, land of the free.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It's baffling isn't it. I have no idea why any democracy would accept electronic voting.

I once saw the guy who owned the company in Florida who made and ran the electronic voting boxes being interviewed by the BBC, and he was asked about how secure they were, and he said he could input any code to get out any result he wanted.

So the results could be tampered? He was asked.

Oh yes, and nobody would ever know. The guy smiled. Then he went on to say he was a proud evangelical Christian and he felt he had to do God's will, and do everything in his power to help the Republicans win.

.... he paused and smiled creepily... Except, he'd never input that code into his machines to rig the results that nobody would ever know he'd done...

Paper ballots folks. You've gotta have paper ballots. Otherwise you hand over power to whoever controls the computer code.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz
I massively agree mate, paper ballots counted by actual human peers is the only way to know it is legit.

link   
a reply to: Painterz

Strange for the owner of a company to state his product is defective on international TV ... kinda makes me think the story is not accurate.

link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

We have paper ballots that are scanned electronically but the original is maintained in case there is an issue.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Doesn't it though? Like so many posts its a bit hard to swallow.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I once saw the guy who owned the company in Florida who made and ran the electronic voting boxes being interviewed by the BBC...

Then he went on to say he was a proud evangelical Christian...

ES&S, owners of Diebold, and themselves owned by McCarthy Group, are the largest makers of voting machines in the United States, they are based in Omaha and are managed by Mike McCarthy who is Roman Catholic, not evangelical.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Scanned electronically worries me as well. Call me old skool but human peers counting actual paper ballots seems the best way to me.
Especially when the people counting are locals, average Joe's, all know each other.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Our instant microwave burrito society would never allow the time for a physical count.
We need to know right now dammit!

It would be interesting to see ballots printed in nine languages....lol

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
So we voted early and were told at the poll that paper ballots weren't an option.
BTW, here they cheat the paper ballot counts by aggregating the vote boxes in the County ANnex warehouse, where magically boxes appear and disappear without any public scrutiny.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Lol

Britain supplies multilingual ballot papers, some areas you need to ask in advance though, outside of major cities it is pretty much white as snow English speakers.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
It's baffling isn't it. I have no idea why any democracy would accept electronic voting.

$$$$$$$

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa
Gosh that sounds like total corruption!
Local city hall staff do it all here, I've never seen any corruption in the two counts I've done. People all want a fair vote and watch each other like thieves.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The only times an actual hand count is done is during a RECOUNT. I've been through a few for local elections.
County makes a big deal out of it, but its just a boring few hours of effort. Literally one vote difference in two different elections. Why? Because the election judge wouldn't accept a regular ballot and required a provisional for lacking proper id.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It's always going to fall back to human error.

You can't really blame the electronic system.

If the computers are cheating, they're doing it on behalf of a person.

Just another scapegoat.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail
One person can change a computer vote for dodgy reasons. It takes thousands to cheat a human count.
For that reason I treat the human count as more reliable, especially since I've done it myself.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

It would only take one out of thousands to cheat a human count.

Not great odds.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
There's no money for companies to earn in traditional paper ballots. Whereas machine manufacturers and software developers have plenty to gain through ridiculous electronic voting.

And since the only thing that matters in American politics as far as the politicians and their financiers are concerned is the profits for private corporations, here we are.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

It would only take one out of thousands to cheat a human count.

Not great odds.
In my constituency the ballots were double counted when I did it, pretty hard to beat that by an individual. They would have to be in cahoots with a fellow counter, and even then they would have to be lucky enough to know who was second counting their papers.
You're argument is flawed, paper ballots counted by humans has far less risk of fraud than computer voting.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

My thoughts exactly.

I recently read an article about a guy that bought voting machines on eBay... It's crazy what he was able to get from the machines...

If getting voting machines delivered to my door was shockingly easy, getting inside them proved to be simpler still. The tamper-proof screws didn’t work, all the computing equipment was still intact, and the hard drives had not been wiped. The information I found on the drives, including candidates, precincts, and the number of votes cast on the machine, were not encrypted. Worse, the “Property Of” government labels were still attached, meaning someone had sold government property filled with voter information and location data online, at a low cost, with no consequences. It would be the equivalent of buying a surplus police car with the logos still on it.
One vulnerability we uncovered in voting machines is the chip card used in electronic voting machines. This inexpensive card can be purchased for $15 and programmed with simple code that allows the user to vote multiple times.
More

How can you trust a system with even the minutest vulnerability?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join