It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When traveling to Vietnam. From the US Embassy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: SR1TX
Interesting anecdotal assertions.
Plenty of countries are dictatorships, I still want to visit though, I'd like to do North Korea and I know it will be fake, but I still want to.

No commerce to Evil.

There is evil all over, the UK is evil, our biggest arms exports are to Saudi Arabia, who are murdering Yemeni people. We literally supply a murderous regime with fighter jets and weapons.
The US does the same, so leave it out with the bull# no commerce to evil, everyone is in on the game, just some are winners and some are losers.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Can't say for Vietnam but i have friends who biked (push not motor!) through Cambodia and Laos and absolutely loved it. They had a bit of a hairy welcome in a few villages in Laos and Cambodia but when the locals realised they were genuine tourists just seeing the place, they had no issues and were very welcomed (invited to stay in homes, etc). They were told in these villages that the initial suspiscion was because they were the first white people to visit that weren't sex tourists.....for their children........ That is pretty disturbing in my mind. Obviously, once that was ruled out, they were feted as oddities!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian
Laos and Cambodia were my favourite, I bought a motorbike and didn't have a clue where I was half the time.
Don Det is/was beautiful, the Mekong is so wide it looks like the sea.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't know firsthand but
everything I've read suggests that North Korea is a whole higher level of police state that will disappear you.

I suspect the same of Cuba. very brutal regime, though they do some tourist stuff (mostly Canadians?)

if any of you want to visit the USA, October is the best time. April/May is good but rainy in many places.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
A flag for the post and I see other posters with good responses to the thread. Personally, I have no desire to return to Vietnam or SEA as I was an aerial photographer with the 600th Photo Sq from May of 1969 to May of 1970. I wound up with a 100% VA disability from Agent Orange as I was stationed at Bien Hoa which is north of Ho Chi Minh City. The Vietnam I remember was a mass of bomb and shell craters from the war and every time I flew or went out I got another personal view. My understanding is that the jungle has filled in all the holes and most of the damage has been repaired or built over and I see that from the photos on the net. I would be interested in seeing the few exhibits such as the tunnels etc but not enough to spend that kind of money. My best,

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: airforce47
I wasn't involved in bombing a 3rd world nation so as a Brit traveling Vietnam it has never been an issue for me.
Vietnamese people don't have a problem with British people.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join