It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana Legal in Michigan.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
People should be aware that the legalization can take ten or more days to become law. The tallies of votes must be completely done and be registered.

That and they need to be really cognizant of the fact that no laws exist yet pertaining to recreational sales. I know we got a fire lit under our ass to get busy here, but it takes time. From what I've been reading, 1-2 years before everything's hammered out and completely legal in-state before recreational sales begin.

If there's any firmly established timetables, or failing that, loopholes in the interim that can be applied to recreational that no one's aware of, feel free to share, though

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
One issue is how testing is done for being considered legally intoxicated. Apparently, if it follows the medical MJ laws, you can't be engaged in certain activities while being high on pot, ie. driving under the influence, etc.

Saliva and urine tests simply detect THC that remains detectable for about two weeks after burning your last fatty. I think the contention that, after legalization there is a rise in serious auto accidents with people stoned on smoke, is misrepresenting the facts due to the methods use to determine intoxication.

Due to the nature of THC, you can have detectable levels in your system without being considered high for long after your last toke. When they iron out the details, they need to address this issue and establish some legal standards in regards to what is being high on THC to the point of being considered "impaired", "under the influence" or otherwise severely intoxicated.

ETA: I believe that factors like the level of THC in your system, when you last smoked or ingested MJ products, and how frequently you enjoyed your recreational past time should be made standard legal indicators of THC intoxication levels.

Such standards should be established by scientific medical studies conducted by a disinterested third party. All research done must be contestable with reproducible evidence that is contrary to the findings used to create the legal standards.
edit on 7-11-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The proposal did state employer's can still drug test. Also, renter's best make sure the property owner / landlord is agreeable too. The last thing you want to do is find yourself out of job and evicted by believing it is your absolute right.

So I do imagine that not much will change for folks generally until laws are changed federally. The only big change here in state will be the police focusing more on actual criminals.

ETA: They are not hiring people who smoke cigarettes (it's on applications)....and alcohol testing has been included in random drug testing in Michigan.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Apparently, something may have already changed here in Michigan due to Prop 1 passing.

Christopher Martinez has been running medical marijuana dispensaries in Holland and Saugatuck for the past 8 years. After a raid at one of those facilities back in March he was charged with the felonies and was facing 15 years in prison. But Wednesday he found out those charges were all dismissed.

“So I got to court and I tell the lady I’m here to check in and she says you’re not on the docket. She says your case has been dropped and I just started crying and it wasn’t sad tears it was happy tears," says Martinez, who owns 'PureWest Compassion Clinic' in Holland.

Martinez says he doesn't know the exact reason those recent charges were dropped but he credits the passing of Prop 1.

Breaking news source

Perhaps, prosecutors decided tax payers would not be pleased in paying court costs and imprisoning this guy now that Prop 1 will be in effect.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Will it be a different green than the water from Flint?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
The question once a legitimate process of DUI determination is implemented, how hard will law enforcement work to set the tone and put the hammer down on DUI's? Many sheriffs and dept heads campaigned against it...will they be sore losers?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

Hopefully it can be figured out soon for MI and other states that need help. Some find details are still being worked on such as breathalyzer tests best suited to register the drug. A worry for many medicinal patients(who use to be able to go to work-work in places that aren't strict on testing-, shop, etc.) was the DUI risk that wasn't brought that big of an issue prior to recreational legalization.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: projectvxn

Nevada passed it. Things haven't really changed much.

Good to know. Do you believe the taxes from it has helped your state?

I believe that the taxes from it have been spent on something other than what they said it would be. I am still for legalization, but I'd rather not be lied to about where the tax money is going.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Will it be a different green than the water from Flint?

I don't know. Ask the new Governor. I wonder how she is going to handle the Flint Crisis?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

If your waiting to be sentenced when a new law passes, that affects your situation, it will work toward your benefit. It you are sentenced the day before the new law, it will not benefit you.
edit on 7-11-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If they try to calibrate the standard for impairment on a test that's based on video game proficiency, they might get an unexpected result.

edit on 7-11-2018 by FlyingFox because: duh

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join