It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana Legal in Michigan.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I have a nephew in Kalamazoo who will be thrilled when he wakes up in the morning...or afternoon.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thank you for that information.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Nevada passed it. Things haven't really changed much.

Good to know. Do you believe the taxes from it has helped your state?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I have a nephew in Kalamazoo who will be thrilled when he wakes up in the morning...or afternoon.

lol. Is he over 21?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's winter almost half the year here, we ain't got time fo dat.

On the bright side, winter pizza deliveries are going to go through the roof. That Michigander pizza addiction's about to get serious

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I actually enjoy driving in the winter. Well outside of any traffic congestion anyway.

Should start a winter biz!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I actually enjoy driving in the winter. Well outside of any traffic congestion anyway.

Should start a winter biz!

Hmm, Jin's Munchies Delivery Service does have a nice ring to it.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Snowplowing $40 extra!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
What about jobs that drug test. Do drug testing for mj stop or is it the same regardless of it being legal?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
What about jobs that drug test. Do drug testing for mj stop or is it the same regardless of it being legal?

as far as i understand you will still be tested because marijuana is illegal federally

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Sounds like it’s time for me to make the 4 hour drive north and finally visit Michigan.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

It's probably the same testing as would be alcohol, in any job situation.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: KingJames
a reply to: luciferslight

It's probably the same testing as would be alcohol, in any job situation.

I don't think so.
Booze is legal federally.

I have a couple friends in California and they are subject to testing. Health field so maybe that's why but I don't think so.

Until it's legal at the federal level I think jobs will test.

Maybe companies can opt out?
Testing is not a rule.

My wife started at sams a couple months ago and no test .

Come try to get a job at this foundry and you're getting tested. We get randoms every 3 months and people always get fired. 2 each time at least.

Not legal recreational here but 1 job tests and another 5 minutes down the road does not
edit on 7-11-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Good news for all the Taco Trucks parked outside of dispensaries.

Business will be booming.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
There will be people dying in the streets from lethal marijuana injections.

On a serious note, I lived in Oregon for a couple years right after they legalized. You would never know the difference other than a few of the dispensaries and the big marijuana plants growing in a few of my friends backyards.

Now that I'm living in Michigan, I'm pretty excited it will be legal. I figure those that enjoy it have been doing before it was legal anyways. Give the police better things to do in my opinion.

Also, I couldn't believe the radio ads that were opposing Proposal 1. Sounded like sound bites from Reefer Madness. I'm sure the people against it enjoy some beer, whiskey, etc without the hint of irony.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

We legalized it...but fedrally...it will still be illegal. Pot shops have been open here in Michigan for years now.

Hashish, kush, sensi, haze, oils, brownies, cookies, gummies and suckers.

You ought to see the shops.Free joints w purchase...every ounce get free quarter, 2 grams get 1 free...you name it...we can go get buy it this minute...just need a card...and each person can grow 4 plants...

*More interesting is border crossing in and out of Canada...where rec.use is legal both sides.

How this will affect mandatory and random drug testing by employers remain to be seen...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The proposal did state employer's can still drug test. Also, renter's best make sure the property owner / landlord is agreeable too. The last thing you want to do is find yourself out of job and evicted by believing it is your absolute right.

So I do imagine that not much will change for folks generally until laws are changed federally. The only big change here in state will be the police focusing more on actual criminals.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

For people like me who suffer from illnesses that cause severe, long-term pain, this is a very big deal, I think. It is not a simple thing to get approved for medical pot in MI (at least it hasn't been for me). My sister-in-law is in the same boat as I am and we were really hoping this would pass. I don't want to get stoned (well, maybe a little bit), I just want an alternative to the pain meds that are out there.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

In my experience, icefisherpeople are a happy lot, and they have their ways of keeping warm already. Watching a bobber for hours while stoned could be...interesting.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
People should be aware that the legalization can take ten or more days to become law. The tallies of votes must be completely done and be registered.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join