It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone seen the blue wave yet?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Grambler

What's the best way to hide the establishment's choice? Make it look like they oppose him. The media has done a fine job of making Trump look like an outsider to a certain segment of the population. Meanwhile Trump's campaign manager was the one who fought to keep money in politics.

Citizens United is THE biggest problem in politics and Trump had its biggest advocate running his campaign. Let that sink in a little before brushing it off as no big deal. Bossie fought for George Soros' "right" to influence elections with his billions.

Citizens is not the biggest problem in politics.

Regime change wars, idenity politics, the federal reserve, all much bigger.

Lets say citizens was overturned tomorrow.

Does that mean CNN or the NYT is no longer allowed to be the establishment mouth piece? Nope.

Their labor, which is in effect currency given to the establishment, will be allowed to flourish as always.

I hate money in politics as much as the next guy.

But your oversimplification is wrong in my opinion.

And the fact that you routinely selectively apply your criticisms, mocking people who criticize the establishment when it seems to be on the left as buying in to the game, but then you yourself taking the same media talking points to attack trump, further belies your argument.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Get money out of politics and politicians start representing the people instead of their corporate puppet masters. All those issues you just listed are directly influenced by the policies of our representatives. If you want your representative to address those issues, represent YOUR concerns instead of those bribing them then you need money out of politics.

Yes, money in politics is most definitely the biggest issue in Washington today. I'm not sure how you can sit there and deny that.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Get money out of politics and politicians start representing the people instead of their corporate puppet masters. All those issues you just listed are directly influenced by the policies of our representatives. If you want your representative to address those issues, represent YOUR concerns instead of those bribing them then you need money out of politics.

Yes, money in politics is most definitely the biggest issue in Washington today. I'm not sure how you can sit there and deny that.

It is impossible to get money out of politics.

Do you really think over ruling citizens would do that?

Groups like soros and goldman sachs would just say "aw shucks!"

Of course not.

Money always ahs been and will be in politics. We should enforce making sure that oney is not determining policy, but that is approaching it from the opposite end of saying people cant spend money.

Here are three quick examples of how people can get around it and I am just going off the top of my head.

1. People or groups can donate "services" instead of money, such as free media coverage can be offered by groups seeking influence.

2. Foundations can be set up by politicians, and money can be sent there (like the clintons) by groups seeking influence

3. Go fund mes can be set up, and money sent there by groups seeking influence.

The idea that overturning citizens means no more wars, no more bailing out banks, no more federal reserve, no more identity politics,, etc. is absurd.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Then draining the swamp is impossible and you guys believe in a pipe dream. Trump sold you guys a pipe dream, maybe one day you will realize that.

Trump promised to get money out of politics, he lied. He hired the man who fought to keep corruption in Washington, I'm not sure how you can defend that.
edit on 11/7/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Then draining the swamp is impossible and you guys believe in a pipe dream. Trump sold you guys a pipe dream, maybe one day you will realize that.

Trump promised to get money out of politics, he lied. He hired the man who fought to keep corruption in Washington, I'm not sure how you can defend that.

Trump has done much to disappoint me.

He bombed syria.

He exploded the debt.

He still seems to be the best balwurk against the establishment going to war with russia.

He still outed the media and the establishments on both sides to more people that were unaware (as did bernie)

He still attempted to fight economically for the middle class.

I know the standard pitch of lessor of two evils is not sa good choice; I have made that claim myself.

But trump was the best choice. One he had a chance of winning unlike third parties, and second the third parties sucked.

The funny thing is I agree with most of what you say, I just disagree with the fact that you oversimplify (in my opinion) by saying trump is establishment, when in fact that is only a small part of the story.

And the fact you selectively push the establishment narrative, but only when its against trump, makes me think you are not serious in your own criticisms of them.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

But trump was the best choice. 

If you consider a douche better than a turd sandwich then sure, I guess he was the best choice.

If getting money out of politics is impossible then so is draining the swamp. Not sure how you can believe one is possible but not the other. They're the same thing. One of his main slogans is impossible according to you.

And the fact you selectively push the establishment narrative, but only when its against trump, makes me think you are not serious in your own criticisms of them.

If all else fails, call into question my integrity. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm no more selective than you are. What part of the establishments narrative do I push exactly? That CNN is a propaganda arm of the establishment and that you shouldn't trust anything they say?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The only thing I think I am going to see/seen is more of the same. A black and blue taxpayer and more finger-pointing by the so-called adults in DC.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: Pyle

Then tell me, what's your feeling on "too big to fail"?

At the time when the bail outs happened they were 100% right about those being to big to fail. Instead of a great recession we would have had another great depression if nothing were done.

Some changes have been made to make it harder for banks to get back in the position they were in at the time but those have been met with pretty big resistance from the GOP and some of the DEMs. Hell the GOP have been working on repealing those "burdensome" regulations since Trump got in office.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

At the time when the bail outs happened they were 100% right about those being to big to fail. Instead of a great recession we would have had another great depression if nothing were done.

Next time they will be "way too big to fail". At some point, we have to step back and let them fail. We can't keep reinforcing that bad policy will be bailed out by the taxpayers. I feel we pushed the problem to the next generation. Maybe they won't be too weak to deal with the issue when it arises again.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Bullsnip.

Let the banks and execs lose everything, and use it to reimburse the people whose hard earned money was stolen.

But absolutely let the corps fail, just like they should have let the big auto manufacturers fail. Someone wold have come along and bought their assets and turned them around, or sold them off if they weren't viable.

Kind of like with people.

People get sick, and sometimes they die. If you could extend someone's life for a few days by spending millions of dollars - should you? Absolutely not. When it is your time, it is your time.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Even if they had decided they absolutely couldn't let them fail (I disagree, along with you), it would have been more fitting to buy those loans at discounted prices in order to make the firms soluble and then forgive the debtors than to have the government buy up stock in the failing companies, letting them borrow money at prime rates from the Reserve, etc. At least the taxpayers would be beneficiaries along with the corporations being made viable again.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm looking at the second branch of power, the house. Republicans lost that and have lost a ton of power as a result.
You can spin it however you want, but this was a Democrat victory.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Naw minor victory at best and fruit the poisoned tree most likely.

ANY hiccup in the economy coupled with Dems trying the obstruction game and republicans will have them painted as the reason, they will have to legislate some things the average American wants to see or they risk a blood bath net election and I am not sure Pelosi is smart enough anymore to do that.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

They won't, why would they?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Let's see what Trump does about money in politics shall we? Him hiring the Citizens United president as his campaign manager doesn't paint a pretty picture thus far. No wonder he gave the ultra-rich permanent tax cuts, his campaign manager basically worked for them!

But hey, let's continue ignoring glaring conflicts of interest, CNN complained about Trump having 2 scoops of ice cream! Trump must be our savior in that case.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Remember who has the Senate? The Oval Office? Tax hikes, or any legislation, must go through them, then pass Constitutional muster, as well...

Not to mention, the House isn't exactly a super majority, either. So she may want taxes raised, but wanting and getting are seldom the same thing.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Four letter word.

VETO.

What he needs to do is try to work with 'em. Won't be his fault if they refuse to do so.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This election the Democrats just showed the world how weak the u.s. has become.

The Democrats have imported just enough people.

This election American citizens just told the world they are for open borders and sanctuary cities.

This election also sent a big message to Americans enemies. They are drooling. Because they love how weak and naive liberals are.

I heard an imam say the other day how liberalism is an important tool for muslims.

Yes they have completely opposite beliefs on womens rights, gay rights, and religious freedom.
But liberals are weak and Easier to take over an manipulate.

So keep then close until they are no longer needed.

Antifa organized in droves to vote blue
BLM came out in droves to vote blue
LGBTQ came out in droves for blue
Illegal aliens
Muslims
And in ny cumo let felons vote.

So there you have your new democratic party.

Where do most fit in on here?

The majority are probably just naive and think those groups above dont represent them.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I actually agree, I think the democrats and Republicans are playing one game, while trump is over in another park playing an entirely different game.

And he is Playing it with the United States Military . Something the Dems will Find Out About Real Soon ..........

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join