It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone seen the blue wave yet?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

That is why I was an Independent for 25 years or so and now I am a registered member of the Veterans Party of America.

Both parties are an absolute disgrace, but the only thing that might be worse than the parties are the people that refuse to vote for a better path just to make sure the other party loses even if the "winner" screws you as well.

I have argued in defense of Trump a lot in the last 2 years because I wanted proof of wrong doing and nobody was providing that while declaring him guilty.

Personally I think the best thing trump has done is make people take another look at DC, now if they can just shake the 2 party programing we can start to change things.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Not a republican sport, I follow politics kind of like some follow fantasy football.

Also tax the rich NEVER works out that way, the rich have people whos job it is to help them avoid paying extra taxes, and when that short fall fails then inevitably more taxes occur that screw over the middle and lower classes.

Property taxes are a big one few pay attention to, and hardly anyone ever raises a fuss about it.

ETA: I never heard a word about Democrat platform, if they had a platform that spoke to more people in the middle then they would have won in 2016, and be moving back into power.

The republicans rarely actually do anything, its there for the taking but for some reason Skeletor is locked in on the progressive platform.

Tax the rich can work if you set it up right. You know all those "loopholes" people cry about time and time again?

We at one point had a 90% tax rate after a certain amount. Of course no one paid that because the system was set up to force the rich to use their money or lose it to the government. It forced the rich to invest in start ups and build things and actually do things with the money beyond accrue more and more money in the markets and banks.

Thats what the "loopholes" were for originally. Problem is over the years certain Americans decided that the rich were paying to much taxes (the rich who bought their way into government) and cut the rate down over the years without taking away the old loopholes while also adding ones that really did give the rich free money.

It has been a pretty big cycle of crap since this started.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Then tell me, what's your feeling on "too big to fail"?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Just to keep these on the same thread.

FD: how is trump gonna fight back against the house ?

ATS: I don’t now I can only think in the here and now .

FD: within a month he is going to release the FBI FISA and Texts. if the IG isn’t ready they will be unredacted . That will throw a monkeywrench into any of their investigation .

ATS: (crickets )

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

(((Q+)))

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

So tell me, what has Trump done to fight the biggest issue in politics today, Citizens United? Nothing. In fact, he signed into law a bill that gave the very people bribing our politicians a permanent tax cut. You don't think that tax cut is going to make its way back into the pockets of our "representatives" in the form of more bribes? If not then you are naive because it most definitely wil.
edit on 11/6/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

There Are 3 Party's in Washington Now . Republican , Democrat , and Trump . Guess which One has the Upper Hand ....)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Just found out that the president of Citizens United, David Bossie, was the Deputy Campaign Manager of Trump's campaign.

You just can't make this stuff up.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

That is why I was an Independent for 25 years or so and now I am a registered member of the Veterans Party of America.

Both parties are an absolute disgrace, but the only thing that might be worse than the parties are the people that refuse to vote for a better path just to make sure the other party loses even if the "winner" screws you as well.

I have argued in defense of Trump a lot in the last 2 years because I wanted proof of wrong doing and nobody was providing that while declaring him guilty.

Personally I think the best thing trump has done is make people take another look at DC, now if they can just shake the 2 party programing we can start to change things.

You and I are probably closely aligned politically, as are most people in this country.

Stuff like your tax assumptions, where you state the projected income from higher taxes on the rich gets skirted, and so things like higher property taxes and sales tax gets forced on the lower/middle class is so patently wrong it makes my brain hurt.

I mean, without even getting into the details, the federal income tax has absolutely nothing to do with state property tax rates or state sales tax rates. All states are different in those regards, and it’s completely independent of what the federal government brings in.

If we were to actually discuss this face to face (I’d be buying your beer/drink of choice), I’d have to try my best not to laugh at you if you said this.

There are plenty other reasons to want lower taxes, but sales/property tax isn’t one.

Full disclosure:

I lean left but if I was complete dictator of the tax code I’d make:

-Corporate Tax- 0%
-No income deductions, and a progressive rate with the first “x” amount tax free so the extreme low income don’t pay into the system. The extreme high-end would be taxed very aggressively on INCOME, but not cooperate earnings.

Nobody on the left is pitching that idea, but it’s the most fair tax plan for both higher income earners and lower income earners I’ve ever heard.

Basically, if you own a business and invest in your business you can do so tax free. You pull income from the business, and you will be taxed. You pull a ton of income from the business and you will be taxed heavily.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I actually agree, I think the democrats and Republicans are playing one game, while trump is over in another park playing an entirely different game.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So tell me, what has Trump done to fight the biggest issue in politics today, Citizens United? Nothing. In fact, he signed into law a bill that gave the very people bribing our politicians a permanent tax cut. You don't think that tax cut is going to make its way back into the pockets of our "representatives" in the form of more bribes? If not then you are naive because it most definitely wil.

It goes both ways. Dems and repubs both getting this corporate hand out.
The owner of the company I work for is the 1%. He also pays a ton of the company profits into the employees. You want to demonize him too? Not all the 1% are as you describe them.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Just found out that the president of Citizens United, David Bossie, was the Deputy Campaign Manager of Trump's campaign.

You just can't make this stuff up.

So, what did Obama do to end CU? Where was that hope and change?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

He didn't do anything. What's your point other than the fact that Obama and Trump are exactly alike in that regard? Why does Trump have the president of Citizens United running his campaign? Didn't he promise to get money out of politics?

Sounds like he was talking out of both sides of his mouth. On one side he says to get money out of politics, on the other he has the president of Citizens United running his campaign. A bit hypocritical don't you think? You must be under the mistaken impression that I supported Obama. I didn't.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Trump still has 2 years.
Guess we will see if the dem house wants to change CU, no?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Who cares at this point..is Obama in office right now?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

They won't, why would they? They benefit from it just as much as the Republicans. But I'm sure that won't stop you from using it as an excuse for Trump.

Why did Trump have the president of Citizens United running his campaign while telling people he would get money out of politics? Do you have an answer for that or will you continue deflecting to Obummer and Dimocrats?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

They won't, why would they? They benefit from it just as much as the Republicans. But I'm sure that won't stop you from using it as an excuse for Trump.

Why did Trump have the president of Citizens United running his campaign while telling people he would get money out of politics? Do you have an answer for that or will you continue deflecting to Obummer and Dimocrats?

Because trump is not perfect, and does a lot opf dumb things.

That doesnt mean he isnt preferable to the establishment.

Your stance of calling out any post that ever calls out the establishment going after trump because its falling for the medias trap is not solving citizens united either, is it?

I dont think trump is perfect, but his exposing the media and the establishment left and right for what they are has already made voting for him a worth while decision.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Trump is the establishment. David Bossie was his campaign manager, the very same David Bossie who fought to keep money in politics and remove the limits on money in politics.

Are you suggesting that Trump wasn't aware of Bossie's history when he hired him to run his campaign? If that's the case then Trump is the definition of asinine.
edit on 11/7/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Trump is the establishment. David Bossie was his campaign manager, the very same David Bossie who fought to keep and remove the limits on money in politics.

Are you suggesting that Trump wasn't aware of Bossie's history when he hired him to run his campaign? If that's the case then Trump is the definition of asinine.

No I am suggesting that you have taken one issue, claimed that makes trump establishment, and refused to acknowledge that the establishment despises him in almost all other areas.

That would be like me saying jill stein is establishment because she is for citizenship for illegals, which theb establishment dems are for.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

What's the best way to hide the establishment's choice? Make it look like they oppose him. The media has done a fine job of making Trump look like an outsider to a certain segment of the population. Meanwhile Trump's campaign manager was the one who fought to keep money in politics.

Citizens United is THE biggest problem in politics and Trump had its biggest advocate running his campaign. Let that sink in a little before brushing it off as no big deal. Bossie fought for George Soros' "right" to influence elections with his billions.
edit on 11/7/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join