It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone seen the blue wave yet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I see a bunch of politicians accepting bribes from the same mega-rich people regardless of what party they claim to belong to.

All this focus on partisan politics and no mention of Citizens United or the fact that the ultra-rich just got a permanent tax cut for their efforts towards buying our supposed "representatives".
edit on 11/6/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Or possibly they don't have to lie and have people outside of their states buy votes for them to to get elected.

But you are winning, right?

LOL

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

Not a republican sport, I follow politics kind of like some follow fantasy football.

Also tax the rich NEVER works out that way, the rich have people whos job it is to help them avoid paying extra taxes, and when that short fall fails then inevitably more taxes occur that screw over the middle and lower classes.

Property taxes are a big one few pay attention to, and hardly anyone ever raises a fuss about it.

ETA: I never heard a word about Democrat platform, if they had a platform that spoke to more people in the middle then they would have won in 2016, and be moving back into power.

The republicans rarely actually do anything, its there for the taking but for some reason Skeletor is locked in on the progressive platform.

edit on 6-11-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I see a bunch of politicians accepting bribes from the same mega-rich people regardless of what party they claim to belong to.

All this focus on partisan politics and no mention of Citizens United or the fact that the ultra-rich just got a permanent tax cut for their efforts towards buying our supposed "representatives".

Yeah. I fully agree. CU was a horrible decision.
But to your second point. I dont like that states can dump money into other states elections. Utah did it in CA for Same Sex Marriage. That is something that needs to be curbed.

(And look, we find common ground.)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Does trump still live in the white house?
Asking for a close friend...a family member you might say.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Or possibly they don't have to lie and have people outside of their states buy votes for them to to get elected.

But you are winning, right?

LOL

They lost the house; maybe they infact do need to buy some votes.

I wasn't aware I was in a competition.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
And here comes the house majority for dems...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Not a republican sport, I follow politics kind of like some follow fantasy football.

Also tax the rich NEVER works out that way, the rich have people whos job it is to help them avoid paying extra taxes, and when that short fall fails then inevitably more taxes occur that screw over the middle and lower classes.

Property taxes are a big one few pay attention to, and hardly anyone ever raises a fuss about it.

I didn’t say you were a Republican, but when you put out Republican talking points about the Democrats (higher taxes and open borders), well then....

But since the Rich are going to avoid taxes anyway, as you put it, who cares if you raise their tax bracket? They’re going to avoid the rate hike anyway right?

Tax-Cuts seem to be creating massive federal deficits (or at least playing some part) over the last 18 years. Bush, Obama, and now Trump have all extended some type of tax cut and higher than normal deficits always follow. But really, who cares?

Edit to add to your edit: Republicans win different races differently. Namely I would say democratic apathy. Again, most Democrats live in cities that are well off and so the thought of needing to legitimately change anything is further from the minds from those left of center than those right of center.
edit on 6-11-2018 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

You are probably right.

Interesting though that the hot contested seats in California have Republicans leading.

Is there hope for California yet?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Paul " Lame Duck " Ryan Assured the Dems a Majority in the House tonight . He Deliberately Underminded Not Only the President , but his Fellow Party Congressmen too . Thanks Paul , You Piece of S......

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

So enlighten me what is their platform?

They have made no bones that we should always accept anyone and everyone that wants in, the dnc has made no bones about wanting the 2nd amendment heavily regulated or gone completly... you know if you support the NRA you are an accessory to murder... oh and anything trump does is bad, like the tax cut that did help people that Pelosi wants to remove asap.

So fill in the blanks for me what is the Democrat platform?

ETA:

But since the Rich are going to avoid taxes anyway, as you put it, who cares if you raise their tax bracket?

Because of what I already said... when they expect X dollars and dont get it, they will use other taxes that primarily hit the middle and lower class folks through raising things like property tax, sales tax etc.

edit on 6-11-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

You are probably right.

Interesting though that the hot contested seats in California have Republicans leading.

No, California is beyond gone.

People wade through piles of # and needles in ernest to vote the status que.

California is a highly concentrated and distilled base of morons.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

You are probably right.

Nope. They called Newsom with only 7% in. And Fiendstein with around 1% in.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You mean the same Trump that said he was nearly a billion dollars in debt to the banks back in the 90's? Yeah, he's still in the White House.

What's your point exactly? Is that your version of being clever? If so, bless your little heart. At least you tried.

edit on 11/6/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You mean the same Trump that said he was nearly a billion dollars in debt to the banks back in the 90's? Yeah, he's still in the White House.

What's your point exactly? Is that your version of being clever? If so, bless your little heart. At least you tried.

And he still beat the chosen one.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
So. Maxine waters. In control of wall street. Is that for real?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

So one could say you could put a stamp on it?
Trump still living in the white house that is?
Again asking for a friend.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So enlighten me what is their platform?

They have made no bones that we should always accept anyone and everyone that wants in, the dnc has made no bones about wanting the 2nd amendment heavily regulated or gone completly... you know if you support the NRA you are an accessory to murder... oh and anything trump does is bad, like the tax cut that did help people that Pelosi wants to remove asap.

So fill in the blanks for me what is the Democrat platform?

The democratic platform varies because it’s not as unfied as the Republican platform.

You’d be hard pressed to find more than a handful of democrats who want what you seem to be implying. Some may talk that way, but when it comes down to passing actual law they bail, similar to the GOP repealing and replacing Obamacare. All talk, no action.

Both parties have had a majority in the past decade to make drastic changes, yet really the only drastic change has been the ACA in the last 10 years.

Who knows, who cares? I don’t identify as anything and in my home state my ballot was split between democrat and Republican.

We can argue the merits of tax cuts all you want. I’m benifiting from Trumps tax cuts by roughly 4%, so I’m getting mine. I think number will bear out that it’s going to be a net negative on the country as a whole in the future, but whatever.

Edit:

Can you point me to the last time sales tax or property tax went down regardless of which party was in office or income tax shortfalls. Those taxes are set by the states anyway, not by the federal government (unless I’ve just been skirting my federal sales and federal property tax).
edit on 6-11-2018 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Tell my mom that he is and that I still love her regardless of her obnoxiousness.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Of course, he had a debt to repay, why wouldn't he win?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join