It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone seen the blue wave yet?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
House makes bills.

Senate passes them.

House is bureaucracy and paralysis.

Senate is LAW.

NEXT!

The house launch’s investigations .

They will launch more. But after two years of investigation’s they haven’t found crap on trump and they never well .

It’s like I eluded to earlier. They will investigate him to no end and it will cost them the presidential election. Because they’re gonna be so busy expressing their anger they won’t get dick accomplished bill wise.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I am going to go ahead and put it out there I suspect illegal immigrant collusion in the house race. No way does the momentum for the Senate not at least show minimal signs of trickle-down momentum.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The money spent is absurd on both sides. Money from out of state needs to be curtailed, totals need to be curtailed. I believe both sides can find victory tonight, no mandate for either side. Governorships seem to be tipping towards the GOP. Historically, in off year elections the Party in power usually loses some so not really unexpected. Not what the Democrats expected, I believed they thought it would much more their way than it has but it points toward politics as usual and ultimately, gridlock.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Fallingdown

Tulsi Gabbard for Speaker!!!!

I could live with that.

But, alas, 'tis very unlikely.

Yup... I would be over the moon for that situation... instead we get skeletor and mad max.

Think its time for some whiskey.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hmm Gillum, concedes in Florida, and looks like Nelson, is next. Not a giant wave in my neck of the woods...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
I am going to go ahead and put it out there I suspect illegal immigrant collusion in the house race. No way does the momentum for the Senate not at least show minimal signs of trickle-down momentum.

You obviously don’t know how Senate seats and House seats are divided up, otherwise you’d understand why there is no Senate trickle down.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
1% in and they already give it Feinstein.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Repubs keep the house. Flipped 3 seats to repubs.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I went out to piss a few minutes ago.

Thought I saw a blue leaf fly by, does that count?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So cute to see threads about things that don't matter and people all worked up about it.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Democrats have retaken the House and it looks like they've picked up a significant number of governorships. The Senate was an uphill battle from the start with Dems defending 26/35 seats so no shocker there. O'Rourke came really close to defeating Cruz. Biggest disappointments out of Florida, what's new? What can you say about folks electing Rick Scott ffs?

Something maybe we can all be happy with: biiiiiiiig night for women (including Republican women) and veterans!

ETA:

Speaking of Florida, Amendment 4 passed. A whole lot of people just became enfranchised (like 1.5 million).
edit on 2018-11-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Give credit where its do... the democrats managed to take the house without a platform beyond Orange man bad... raising taxes, and open borders.

I didn't think they could do that, they over achieved in my eyes, luckily for them the republicans are pretty pathetic.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
So cute to see threads about things that don't matter and people all worked up about it.

And here you are. I guess you were tall enough to ride this ride.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Screw you guys. I’m saving this thread and will bring it up in two years . Then I can gloat .

House minority vote in November 2016 .

Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) got 63 votes Wednesday from House Democrats in his bid to unseat Pelosi, which as my colleague Paul Kane points out is a not-insignificant amount. (Though Pelosi did meet her self-set expectation of winning two-thirds of the caucus, which is also a not-insignificant amount.)

It makes me wonder how many people actually know what’s going on. Don’t live in the here and now tried to be perceptive .

www.washingtonpost.com...

My god I’ve come here to meet intelligent people. So far for the most part I’m disappointed .

Does any money understand what a combative Congress did for Obama and Clinton ?

i’m sure I will catch hell over this post but that’s just me .

edit on 6-11-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I live in Forida, and I'm so cotton pickin' happy we didnt monkey up this election.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
a reply to: Lumenari

How much did the GOP pay to lose the house?

Since they don'y have Democratic superpacs and mostly raised the funds on their own, a lot less.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

And here you are. I guess you were tall enough to ride this ride.

My popcorn is ready at all times brother. I love watching society kill itself over Hollywood for ugly people.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

The next time the Democrats are in power, I am going to have to sell off the equipment that I own, fire everyone and go to the house. While I can still make a profit on the equipment. My payroll currently with 14 people is a little under 2 million a year.

Almost had to do it with Obama.

Don't want to go through it again.

For those of us in the energy sector, politics are everything.

But yea.. no reason to get worked up about it at all, right?

With the results of this mid-term I can expand the next two years and hope for a Trump second term.

So it is actually important for those of us that run small companies.

Like life and death important.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Give credit where its do... the democrats managed to take the house without a platform beyond Orange man bad... raising taxes, and open borders.

I didn't think they could do that, they over achieved in my eyes, luckily for them the republicans are pretty pathetic.

Since it seems like Republicans tend to believe this stuff about Democrats and show out and vote it’s likely going to be this way for the foreseeable future.

The Democrats want to raise taxes on the rich (who are mainly Democrats) to enfranchise many of the poor Republicans (the desolate Midwest and much of the South). The Republicans will keep passing laws to help the Democrats get richer, further plunging the Republican states into a greater fiscal hole.

In my home state of Texas, the poorest parts of the state, who literally live off of socialized government programs, are subsidized by the wealthy liberal counties. Oh well.

Maybe one day the Democrats will run on cutting entitlements at the Federal level and keep entitlements at the state level. That seems to be what Republicans want anyway, and it’s not going to hurt the liberal strongholds. Just cut off federal entitlements (mainly Medicaid and Medicare) and let the states decide how to feed and take care of their own poor. I’d bet that the average age of the democrat states outpaces that of the Republican states .
edit on 6-11-2018 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Sounds like their slacking then.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join