It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Scouts' lawsuit accuses Boy Scouts of trademark infringement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here in Canada our groups are integrated. Girl Scouts is a dying organization living in 1955

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
SO once again, it's all about money. Figures. And they're saying nothing of the sort. But the figures are so small it wouldn't seem to be a threat.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't see where the confusion would happen. Girl Scouts is the cookie company and Scouts BSA is where kids get to hike and camp. (And sell terrible popcorn)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Boy scouts should have just boys, girl scouts should just have girls. Less teen pregnancies that way.

I suppose if the boy scouts sell brownies they will get charged with child trafficking.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

in the name of the Boy?++Scouts.. who knows

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
do I got this right? girls wanna take the word scouts, from boy scouts? tried to erase last post sorry. we used to love those cookies and girl scout brownies!!

edit on 7-11-2018 by AnrkE because: cuz

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree. And just how many girls are joining the boy scouts to cause the offensive confusion of which group one is identifying with.

Read this in USA

Such misconduct will not only cause confusion among the public, damage the goodwill of GSUSA's Girl Scouts trademarks, and erode its core brand identity, but it will also marginalize the Girl Scouts Movement by causing the public to believe that GSUSA's extraordinarily successful services are not true or official 'Scouting' programs, but niche services with limited utility and appeal," the complaint said. www.usatoday.com...

I for one never figured the Girl Scouts as a "Scouting" program. I think the Girl Scouts are delusional in what their core brand identity is. It's cookies, cookies, cookies. It is ALL ABOUT THE COOKIES. And of course, they get together and do craftsy projects once in a while. They have nothing to do with scouting.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
All this is there are less and less boyscouts to make money from. So open it up to girls they get to sell more stuff. Having a kid in scouts gets expensive theres books uniforms badges its all about the money.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. The boy scouts fought in court to be exclusive for boys but lost. The girl scouts supported the boy scouts to stay exclusive to boys. Since the boy scouts lost in court, the girl scouts are now suing because the boy scouts are now required to allow boys and girls to join which takes money out of the organization. Is that correct?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I've been involved with both the Boy & Girl scouts.
I can tell you hands down Girl scouts sucks. They also put way way too much focus on the
girl scout cookie sales, and now there are a bunch of other sales too like nuts. (yes girl scouts selling nuts ha ha)

I really felt like boy scouts taught much more valuable life lessons that you wouldn't learn in school. Survival skills, making a fire, working with knives, cooking outdoors. It was both fun and educational.
I would much rather girls learn the types of lessons taught in boys scouts.

Several other people mentioned it here but this all boils down to money. Girls scouts have tons of it because of the cookie empire, but boys scouts have fun stuff that the kids want to do. Membership = $$$$

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Who cares.....I don't subscribe to either and I will no longer purchase their cookies...stop and shop makes the same cookies anyway...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have a question.
Do the girl scouts have the equivalent to Eagle Scout?
Doesn't that "open" doors for a young man?

Maybe something for the girls scouts to focus on, instead of BS?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join