It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China unveils new 'Heavenly Palace' space station as ISS days numbered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

China unveiled on Tuesday a replica of its first permanently crewed space station, which would replace the international community's orbiting laboratory and symbolises the country's major ambitions beyond Earth. The 17-metre (55-foot) core module was a star attraction at the biennial Airshow China in the southern coastal city of Zhuhai, the country's main aerospace industry exhibition.

Three astronauts will be permanently stationed in the 60-tonne orbiting lab, which will enable the crew to conduct biological and microgravity research.

Assembly is expected to be completed around 2022 and the station would have a lifespan of around 10 years.

China unveils new 'Heavenly Palace' space station as ISS days numbered

I am sure this new station will have military use also. I believe it will only be manned by China. The International Space Station is set to retired in 2024. Not sure What's Next For NASA?

I hope the Mars Transporter and Deep Space Habitat will launch in the 2020s.

A new generation of space stations which will allow humanity to reach out further into the universe could become a reality within the next three years. The first base - known as the Deep Space Gateway - will orbit between Earth and the moon and is expected to launch as early as 2020. The habitat will support critical research and open up opportunities for future exploration of deep space, as well as a return to the moon and missions to Mars.

This looks interesting: A new space firm plans a commercial station to take over for the ISS

A new company called Axiom Space has a plan to launch a commercial space station in the next few years, which would get its start as a module attached to the ISS. It’s easy to shrug off a plan from a company you’ve never heard of, but Axiom has some big names on board. For example, it’s led by one Mike Suffredini, who managed NASA’s ISS program for 10 years. The time is fast approaching that we need to come up with a successor to the ISS, and Axiom’s commercial station could be it.

I think lunar orbit would be the best place for the next International Space Station (if there is one). But first NASA needs to be able to get humans into space. I guess we could keep hitching rides from Russia.

edit on 6-11-2018 by LookingAtMars because: fix

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Just saw this great image from the ISS. You can even see the stars

The ORANGE planet: Stunning NASA image from the International Space Station shows Earth enveloped in a rare 'airglow'

edit on 6-11-2018 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

China are now in the race, they have more money than they know what to do with, Brand New Ghost Cities and Surveillance Technology.

I'd be afraid of their Control inclined discourse.
edit on 7-11-2018 by KingJames because: ';

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Long exposure and high iso to show the stars in the image.

For example

Earth From Space

Exposure details iso 6400 at 1/6 th of a second at f 1.4

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Nostradamus mentions a "heavenly place" crashing down on Earth. This will be interesting.

top topics

join