It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left SIde of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Doesn't work. Hasn't for at least six months. Can't flag, can't PM anyone, cannot do anything. I know this is not a problem on my end unless there's some kind of setting I don't know about. Works on every other site so what's the deal?

I'm talking about my computer, not my stupid phone as I almost never access ATS with it as it's stupid.

I can't even click some threads as the title is too short and the left side doesn't acknowledge my cursor as something that should be able to click on links. So am I the only one this has been happening to?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

#metoo

The answer was there are only a few of us and most people have no problems, so tough luck.
edit on 6-11-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

def not having any of those issues on my PC, what browser are you using?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This has come up before. We've been told that there's an invisible ad-frame on the left-hand side, and people need to change their page size (reduce, I think) in order to escape it.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I was expecting a Right wing political rant... sad what ATS has been reduced to.

To upload, I have to let my browser window take the whole screen. Not that bad but inconvenient. Oh, also, don't get mad if a mod comes in, says this has been discussed in other thread and closes this one.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
i have noticed that from work (it hits from a proxy in Brazil of all places) that I can't directly click on almost any button. I usually have to hover a few pixels to the right of what I am trying to click.

Not sure why, not sure if that is your problem, but I hope that helps.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I hadn't seen a thread specifically about this but I have seen this brought up a while ago. You are right, though, I reduced the page as I have it enlarged due to bad eyesight and I can use the left side now. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

LOL I did wonder how people might take the thread title but said screw it and went with it.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Interesting that it is the "Left"side.
On a more serious side : browser ad blocker , blocking the video yet not blocking the frame code.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Is there one of those that won't tick ATS off? Had one years ago and they wouldn't let me view anything until I turned it off.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: Gothmog

Is there one of those that won't tick ATS off? Had one years ago and they wouldn't let me view anything until I turned it off.

That should not have been a recommendation . It was a question.
My educated guess as to what may be going on
Firefox has been experimenting with a built-in ad blocker for a long time

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

They are ALL Mad as Hatters ..............)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I am the same. I am on an iPad mini and don't know if it is possible to change screen size. Why can't the banner placement be removed since it is invisible anyway?

Eta. I use the Chrome browser.
edit on 7-11-2018 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

No such problem on any of my 4 different devices...and the couple extras at work.

Sorry...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Are you a Conservative? The left side hates you.

*kidding*

Maybe clearing out your cache will bring the site back up to speed for you. I don't have any issues but sometimes the site hangs up real bad and I have to clear my cache to get it back to normal.

ETA: I see it was just screen size, please disregard message and have a great day.
edit on 7-11-2018 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

#metoo

The answer was there are only a few of us and most people have no problems, so tough luck.

Ironically, this problem is resolved as of this moment for the first time in months. Odd

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Off topic Your Avatar rocks! I met the wizard twice backstage. He was awesome. Rip Ronnie

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I do loves me some RJD. Rainbow Rising is such a classic. Thanks.

I really never thought about the screen enlargement as a reason for this. I did try to minimize the window but that did nothing. Obviously.

new topics

top topics

join