It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching CNN, I may be psychic

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

it wasn't a complete blow-out.

What the Democratic party doesn't understand is, they didn't win. The Republicans lost a little, but kept the important thing: the Senate. That's all that's required for Trump to continue appointing Constitutionalist judges and Justices, and to get his new treaties ratified.

On the other hand, the House can pass no law without the Senate and the President. The House can launch no investigation that forces Trump to do anything he isn't already doing. The House can not impeach without support from the Republicans, because they don't have the numbers. The only thing they can do is try to negotiate to pass their agenda. Hopefully that will lead to actual compromises, since the Senate is in the same position legislatively.

The only thing the Republicans lost was easy funding for the wall... they'll have to negotiate for it now.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I thought Mexico was going to pay for it?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

while extremely unlikely, it's still theoretically possible for the republicans to win the house.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

That may be something we can look into still.

The state of Mexico was never going to write a check. The idea that they would pay for it was that the wall would be revenue-neutral for us and revenue-negative for Mexican interests. That can still happen; the drug cartels make enough to fund the wall, and we can confiscate their ill-gotten gains to use to thwart their illegal activities. The only issue is that the money seized must be earmarked for border security. We have had a Congress for many decades now that tries to spend every dime it can beg, borrow, or steal on pet projects, and I see no reason to assume this one will be any different.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Hahaha, hope springs eternal.

Nah, give it up. Let's just hope the new batch of Democrats are more like the party of JFK than the party of Mad Maxine Waters.

The people have spoken.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I just saw on Fox that the race is still deemed too close to call, so I guess you were right. Her speech did sound pretty resigned to defeat, though.

Doesn't matter; the people have spoken. She doesn't get to change that.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I think you missed the part where she was speaking to people who did not vote for her the first time and that they would have a second chance. And then all of that chanting.

It also sounds like to me that she's preparing for a legal challenge. Listen closely.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Scott and Nelson in Florida will go into recount too.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

CNN just confirmed they believe Abrams will likely litigate.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Scott Walker defeated now too.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Repubs May have 54 or 55 depending on recounts? It looks like many are too close to call.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: conspiracy nut

That may be something we can look into still.

The state of Mexico was never going to write a check. The idea that they would pay for it was that the wall would be revenue-neutral for us and revenue-negative for Mexican interests. That can still happen; the drug cartels make enough to fund the wall, and we can confiscate their ill-gotten gains to use to thwart their illegal activities. The only issue is that the money seized must be earmarked for border security. We have had a Congress for many decades now that tries to spend every dime it can beg, borrow, or steal on pet projects, and I see no reason to assume this one will be any different.

TheRedneck

If they can get it earmarked correctly, I think the dollars saved by actually enforcing illegal immigration laws (and saving the healthcare, feeding, housing, etc. costs that goes to those illegal immigrants that illegally make it across the border), would already be a form of Mexico paying for the wall. If the US isn’t paying those costs, Mexico is, allowing the US to spend its funds elsewhere (and for American citizens).

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
The only thing we needed the House for was the wall,

Dunno about you, but I'd really like to see Trump's Tax Cut phase II passed. Well, maybe they can get it passed before the Dems take over in January.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

She will certainly do more harm than good for 2020,

Depends on your point of view.

The more she talks the more good she will do for the Rs in 2020.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I think that's the plan. We'll have to see if it comes to fruition.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

If they can get it earmarked correctly, I think the dollars saved by actually enforcing illegal immigration laws (and saving the healthcare, feeding, housing, etc. costs that goes to those illegal immigrants that illegally make it across the border), would already be a form of Mexico paying for the wall. If the US isn’t paying those costs, Mexico is, allowing the US to spend its funds elsewhere (and for American citizens).

Wow...some pretty tough mental gymnastics you did right there.

If I understood you properly, if the US diverts some money that it currently uses to -allegedly- fund healthcare, feeding, housing, etc. for illegal immigration, to build the wall, it would then be "a form" of Mexico paying for it??

Even if not a single penny directly or indirectly is shelled out by the neighbour down south?

Right.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

You knew because that's what they do every election that they start to lose. It's not prophetic. It's like playing a CD....you've heard it all before, so you know what track is next, and how it will play out.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Why is this site suddenly full of conservatives? It's hilarious the arrogance these people have. Sorry but the house is now Democrat.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join