It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hill House - who watched it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I enjoyed it. There was one scene in the 8th episode - that was a jump scare I was totally not expecting. My daughter laughed her head off when I screamed out loud!

Also, there were “hidden ghosts” in most of the episodes. Some of them were fairly easy to spot, but others I don’t think you could have seen unless you took a freeze shot.

My husband and I want to re-watch because I think we missed all but one of the ghosts.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Also, there were “hidden ghosts” in most of the episodes. Some of them were fairly easy to spot, but others I don’t think you could have seen unless you took a freeze shot.

Those were the scariest ones to me. I am sure I missed some. Others though, I was like oh no what are they going to do? Are they going to pop out? Sit there for awhile? Haha.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

originally posted by: dug88
Read about it on here in another thread and a couple other places online. My girlfriend and I watched it...well she did. I got bored and didn't really pay attention. Everytime she said there was something scary going on i'd look up but Meh... what I picked up of the story also seemed kinda Meh....

I was far more entertained by the video game I played while it was going.

Hey, it's not for everyone.
I don't think the point of it was to be scary so I'd say if you're watching for the fear-factor you're sure to be disappointed. Although one or two scenes did get me to jump a little... it was more psychological.

No I wasn't expecting to get scared. I like ghost stories. I liked the original and I even remember not minding the other remake too much. I dunno why this just didn't do it for me. The characters all just kind of annoyed me and I found the plot overly convoluted just for the sake of it without really being all that entertaining or gripping. I just didn't really care what happened to anybody so the ghosts doing things never really caused any kind of tension for me.

I have to admit the parts set in the past were my favourite parts of what I seen. I just didn't find the way the characters acted as adults were all that believable.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You also have to watch the statues.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

a reply to: JAGStorm

You also have to watch the statues.

...and the clock.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Liked it, sort of thought the first 2 episodes were boring. Tired of the PC garbage though - so unnecessary to the story. For instance, the episode from the perspective of the middle sister. So she is a lesbian, ok whatever no big deal. However the way that the younger sister and the older brother found out was realistic, but their reaction to it was just unrealistic. I don't know anyone who has ever come out of the closet that had their siblings immediately laughing about it and patting them on the back. I mean I guess it could happen but.....

Anyway, overall its a good series but I would not watch it with children because of the Netflix way (with a few exceptions) of presenting all of society through bizzarro PC eyes.
edit on 6-11-2018 by Fools because: ..

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

My wife watched and liked it.

Though she didn't like the ending. Apparently it was a happy one. lol

We also just started the new Sabrina the Teenage Witch show......... definitely not what I expected. I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms about the show denouncing it.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The original was better. Black and white...many including your mention were created off the 1st...all pretty good

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

We also just started the new Sabrina the Teenage Witch show......... definitely not what I expected. I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms about the show denouncing it.

Why do you say that? I haven't started it yet, but my childhood memories made me save it to my list.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

This isn't a 90's sitcom.

I won't spoil it for you. But you'll see what I mean when you do watch it.

At least the show it pretty good. It's like an homage to Neil Gaiman.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

The original was better. Black and white...many including your mention were created off the 1st...all pretty good

That's what I think. The Shirley Jackson book was one of the best horror novels ever. Definitely top 5 minimum. The 1963 movie is one of my favorite horror movies ever. If you've read the book or seen that 1963 movie and can set those aside and watch this series as a separate thing, it's pretty good.

2nd best haunted house story (IMO) is Richard Matheson's Hell House. Made into the 1973 film, Legend of Hell House.

Any time you're adapting something written by Shirley Jackson or Richard Matheson, the big challenge is to not screw it up.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Julie Harris started in the 1st movie in the 1960's...based on the book written in the late 1950's.

It had at least several different movie names..."The haunting of Hill (Hell) house"', "The Haunting" etc.....it was not a 1990's television show, but initially the movie itself.

One can search each on line....but if you didn't know about them? Dont read the book or watch the movies.... probably ruin the series for you....

The movie was a British film 1st....
edit on 7-11-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Oops

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I was referring to the new series on Netflix, the chilling adventures of sabrina.

Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Hell House was a Richard Matheson novel which is different than Haunting of Hill House which is Shirley Jackson. Both really good but different books and different screen adaptations. The Netflix show is based off Shirley Jackson's novel.

<< 1   >>

join