It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hill House - who watched it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So I binged through the Haunting of Hill House (Netflix original) - all 10 episodes in two days over the weekend.
I usually don't go for the "Popular" Netflix originals, except for Breaking Bad of course.
But I started watching this one and got totally hooked!
Who else watched it?
What did you think?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Watched it. Loved it. Would watch it again and recommend to everyone in the Universe.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It was a very nicely done series. Not too obscene like we are used to seeing nowadays.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I watched it. Totally hooked at the beginning. I feel like it swayed from horror thriller to drama half way through. I didn't necessarily mind that. However, I was a disappointed by the last episode. I don't think it summed up the evil in the house.

I would still recommend to others though.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I am three episodes in and its okay so-far.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies.
I loved it! I wasn't sure at first... a little too flash back/flash forward, etc. but once I realized I'd have to keep watching to understand some of the things that were happening I just couldn't stop. The woman who plays Theo... wow, amazing scene in that one episode. I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet but if you watched it you know what I'm talking about.

I was a little disappointed in the end also, because I wanted more... lol! I think they did a great job of summing everything up and leaving no further questions.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The multiple time lines was a bit confusing at first, but I knew I just had to pay attention. It wasn't going to be a "put on in the background" type of show.

I do think they took their time on the last episode. I personally just wanted more of an explanation of why the house was evil/why each child seemed to have their haunting/why it kept calling some back but not all. Like I said though - would still definitely recommend.

Theo was by far my favorite. Love that actress in general.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Watched it.
Liked it.
Curious about next season storyline.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
OH is there going to be a next season?
I was hoping for one!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I'm watching Sabrina the teenage witch right now which is not the light nickelodeon tv show from the eighties.
That one is on my radar but not on my list. Is it any good?
Netflix movies generally are pretty good in my estimation.
Loved Frankie and Grace OMG...
Loved House of Cards ..... loved past tense now not so much.
edit on 1162018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I recommend Designated Survivor.
2 seasons on Netflix...20+ 1 hr. eps each.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Read about it on here in another thread and a couple other places online. My girlfriend and I watched it...well she did. I got bored through the first episode and didn't really pay attention to mist of the rest . Everytime she said there was something scary going on i'd look up but Meh... what I picked up of the story also seemed kinda Meh....

I was far more entertained by the video game I played while it was going.
edit on 6/11/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I'm watching Sabrina the teenage witch right now which is not the light nickelodeon tv show from the eighties.
That one is on my radar but not on my list. Is it any good?
Netflix movies generally are pretty good in my estimation.
Loved Frankie and Grace OMG...
Loved House of Cards ..... loved past tense now not so much.

Yeah I am not big on the series but once in a while one will grab my attention.
This one did for sure!
Good is an understatement... yes, please put it on your list for the next series!

link   

I ended up watching it because my wife started watching it and I got hooked too. The funny thing is that my wife hasn't wanted to watch a horror show in about 30 years. So when I saw her watching it I had a big WTF moment. But this was well done and not the typical horror show where things jump out for a quick scare.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Read about it on here in another thread and a couple other places online. My girlfriend and I watched it...well she did. I got bored and didn't really pay attention. Everytime she said there was something scary going on i'd look up but Meh... what I picked up of the story also seemed kinda Meh....

I was far more entertained by the video game I played while it was going.

Hey, it's not for everyone.
I don't think the point of it was to be scary so I'd say if you're watching for the fear-factor you're sure to be disappointed. Although one or two scenes did get me to jump a little... it was more psychological.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Loved it. Movies like "Saw" are not horror movies to me, in that the gore just doesn't do anything to me. Much, much prefer the thrillers like Hill House. Thought it fit that bill very nicely, and was really well done to boot.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Loved it. A few minutes into the first episode, I realized it wasn't really based on the book, which I also love. Not gratuitously bloody, and well-written.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I really like the ending. I think they could have done without all the ghoulish stuff, I think it actually cheapened it.

If you want to watch a good Netflix series may I recommend Mr. Sunshine (don't be fooled by the name)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The scariest part of the show (my opinion) is how accurately they show the demon that is addiction. The second most terrifying thing is how they portray a dysfunctional relationship between family members... it's spot on.

10/10 would recommend

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I enjoyed it. There was one scene in the 8th episode - that was a jump scare I was totally not expecting. My daughter laughed her head off when I screamed out loud!

Also, there were “hidden ghosts” in most of the episodes. Some of them were fairly easy to spot, but others I don’t think you could have seen unless you took a freeze shot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join