It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hivemind

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It's called lunchtime !!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thanks for adding to the list! It's definitely both sides.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

My screen name is anyways brought up for some reason. This profile is over 6 years old. I'm a different person than I was when I made it. Give it a rest. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The problem has a lot to do with the asymmetry of the dualistic structure of the mind. Our subconscious mind tends to drive most of our decision making. While the conscious mind has the ability to override the subconscious mind, such a devious action requires tremendous energy and motivation. This is why people can undergo total change under situations of extreme pressure or extreme ecstasy. Keep the masses in a state of fear or pride, and reinforce those states with repetitive affirmations (propaganda), and it can be very easy to steer any number of people like cattle.

On the other hand, if one were to take note of this asymmetric duality, and actively change their own subconscious beliefs to reflect the desires of the conscious mind, then that individual's stream of thought would become significantly more coherent, and that much less susceptible to social entrainment.

Nevertheless, most people don't really know what they consciously desire, so it is much easier to partake in the conscious desires of the hive than it its to develop one's own individual desires. This challenge tends to further solidify the dualistic feedback loop that is Social Entrainment. By adopting the conscious desires of the hive, one effectively accepts the subconscious reprogramming from the hive, resulting in a collective coherence.

Ultimately, people embrace hive mentality over individuality simply because they fear the uncertainty of individuality.

As for me, I believe both consciously and subconsciously, "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desire of your heart". He gives me what my heart desires, and when I don't know what I desire, He provides me with something to desire. So for me, the question becomes: Am I being entrained to the world, or to the rhythm of God's own heart?

edit on 6-11-2018 by BELIEVERpriest because: added comments

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
😴

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I look at the people who are saying these things, not what they’re saying. All the NPC talk is just projection, the borg calling everyone else the borg so they don’t have to examine what they believe.

The people who say that are the ones who believe in Donald Trump as some kind of savior. It doesn’t get any more NPC than that.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
ENOUGH!!

Post to the topic, not about each other. This is not the Mud Pit. If you can not, or are not willing to, post to the topic, don't post.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Being a robot is one thing I just can't do. To my own detriment...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I think the answer is pretty simple really. It comes from the fact that people are pretty much locked into reading and watching media that suits their world view. Those sources all talk the same type language, use the same phrases. After reading WND for a few years, a person starts to sound like the people who write for WND or Breitbart for that matter.

For a good example, see: newswithviews.com...

Oh, and yea, there are no new ideas, or at least very few. There's a reason for that and that is that as a society becomes ever more polarized, views narrow and harden and tend not to look outside their particular frame of reference. Instead of being "creative" they people devolve into pure reactionary responses and solutions. Eventually that type of polarization leads to a purgative bloody civil war which will produce a more creative, albeit much smaller, society.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Everyone running around like headless chickens...

It's actually a great advantage to peer through the fog of war.

Consider yourself blessed that you can see at all.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Ummm...how do you get an off topic post warning...in your own thread...?

Twice...nope...thrice...?

Did you forget your original topic...?

It was about pointing your finger at others for using memes...all while using a copious amount of memes to call others out on their use...

That about sums up your OP...you know...just in case you forgot...

YouSir
edit on 6-11-2018 by YouSir because: Sometimes...something other...yet quite alike...is ever so much better...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It's a meme. A meme is "an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture" (Merriam Webster)

The NPC meme in particular is intended to mock another hive-mind, those who repeat the narratives of the liberal media complex almost verbatim, making them appear like "non-playable characters".

What Is NPC, the Pro-Trump Internet’s New Favorite Insult?

edit on 6-11-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: The GUT

Ok, so why do people act like Borg when they hear these new words and phrases?

Google: "meme"

And Google: "contagion effect"

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Blase, blase, blase.

edit on 6-11-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I still use "23 skidoo" and "groovy."
Thanks Bugs and Bruce.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

People seem to want to address me personally instead of the topic. You seem to be another one of those members who don't care to address the topic. Any thoughts on the OP?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ummm...look...there’s nothing sheepish at all about humor...and understanding humor...

Your a member of the left column...you should be well versed in the fine art of labeling...

However...unlike the left...the newfound art of labeling on the right is all about humor...it’s about poking fun at the antics of the progressive mindset...then to top it off...it’s descriptively apt as well...especially NPC...

Have you ever noticed how leftists never smile...?

That’s what’s so funny...so mechanistic...so dronelike...

Doesn’t mean we don’t love ya man...I mean...if I can love my motorcycle or my sailboat or my truck...then how could I possibly not love you NPC lock step progs...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Are people not allowed to be neutral in your world view? Sounds like it. Just because I disagree with people on a right wing blog like ATS does not mean I am left wing. Me and my brother disagree on several things and he is as liberal as they come. You need to take your blinders off as do people like my brother.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join