It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More people arrested in the UK over......a Joke.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Think on this one. People get arrested for burning an effigy of Grenfell Towers, yet the people who made the actual Grenfell Towers the death trap it was go scot free.

^^^^ This

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Unruhestifter

You don't like tough they have committed a breach of the law under section five of the public order act.

A law a vehemently oppose.

There action's were not a joke.

Why?
Who made you the humor police?

Language or action's intended to cause offense or affray.

Dont care what the laws wording is as I dont agree with it.

What these scum bag's did was not an act to offend but one of mockery and hatred of people whom the majority of us
Brit's actually feel genuine compassion about,

I see mockery.

But mockery does not = Hatred.

I make 911 jokes. Doesnt mean I hate those that died in that tragedy.

WE do not see it as a joke, only the sickest and most illiterate mentality would regard that as a joke.
[/quote]
Who is the royal "WE".
1) I am British.
2) You DONT speak for all of Britain.

This amendment was merely to the wording and the full transcript of the law remain's in force so they are not getting out of this one though they will likely be let go with a slap on the wrist or a court date and a fine ASSUMING that is that they have no prior's.
researchbriefings.parliament.uk...
Here is the original transcript with the amendment in place.
www.legislation.gov.uk...
www.legislation.gov.uk...

Now would you not agree that the actions of these prick's has caused distress particularly to those personally affected by the tragedy and also offence to most of the rest of us if not you in particular.

As I have already said, I dont give a # what the laws wording is as I think its a stupid and dangerous law.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Offense is a subjective state of consciousness and not objective fact and cannot be proven in a court of law
so I completely agree with you on the "law" as its complete illogical fallacy

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter
As I have already said, I dont give a # what the laws wording is as I think its a stupid and dangerous law.

Campaign to change the law then, whining on ATS isn't going to make any difference lol.
I think lots of laws are stupid and I break them all the time. I'm breaking the law right now but T&C's prevent me from telling you why.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Everyone seems to assume that this was meant as a joke. What if it wasn't? What if it was just hatefulness, pure and simple?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Campaign to change the law then, whining on ATS isn't going to make any difference lol.
I think lots of laws are stupid and I break them all the time. I'm breaking the law right now but T&C's prevent me from telling you why.

It might be the law I am breaking.....

It domino pizza going to get business later?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Everyone seems to assume that this was meant as a joke. What if it wasn't? What if it was just hatefulness, pure and simple?

I agree, only the people who did it knew the intent behind it.
I'm happy enough with the public order act and the digital communications act, I've never fallen foul of either, well aside from the time a cop lied and nicked me for swearing at him when I didn't. As soon as he arrested me I called him all the #'s in the world though lol, if I'm getting nicked for something I didn't do I may as well do it then.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: doobydoll

I agree , however it wasnt just the people who cladded the building but as mentioned those that changed fire safety legislation which led to these issues . Are the workers who cladded the building to be blamed they were simply carrying out their job ?
should bullet manufacturers be held accountable for every human life lost for bullets ?
after all it was an accident waiting to happen , however should we blame the cladding manufacturers the installation teams , or the legislators ?

The tragedy of the Grenfell Tower building was not an accident. It was caused. Caused by incompetent/corrupt officials and greedy-for-more-profit private companies all placing profit before safety and lives. Absolutely no consequences and no-one held responsible. Just swept under the carpet and covered up.

But burn a box on a bonfire night, you'll get hauled off in steel bracelets and your house searched and wrecked and your mug plastered all over the msm and social media, and branded the worst thing that ever walked this Earth.

It sounds like a Monty Python sketch, but it's a true story.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Ahem. They handed themselves in to a Police station but don't let facts like that get in your way.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Crazy they handed themselves in though, I would have made the cops do the work and come to arrest me. Hardly the crime of the century, I'd just ignore the door, it's not like they'd break it down over a public order/digital communications offence.
They'd probably knock a few times then give it up after a week when the publicity died down.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Its bad taste and offenisve. But being a twat should not be a crime.

The oinks have better and more important things to investigate...... Like the cheapskate slum lords that caused this disaster!

As the OP you seem to keep missing that the "oinks" as you so eloquently did not put it, have not actually sought out the offenders, the offenders did the decent thing they could do and handed themselves in, no charges have been filed, and unless it can be proven that there was intent to harm/distress they should not recieve any time on behalf of her Maj.

The "oinks" as you so eloquently did not put it were risking their own lives on the night of the actual tragedy in Grenfell to save peoples lives along with other emergency services, maybe one day you will require their service and 99% of them will come to your aid without question risking themselves if required.

There are times in my life when I felt the police were overbearing, maybe if I was not doing stupid things to begin with I would not have had to deal with them.

Dont just hate the police because of there badge, anyone who would risk their own life to save someone else cant be that bad.

Oink Oink

I try not to prejudge anyone but if I am being honest did I expect any more from you in response

no, no i did not, did i expect such little level of intelligence.....

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Think on this one. People get arrested for burning an effigy of Grenfell Towers, yet the people who made the actual Grenfell Towers the death trap it was go scot free.

^^^^ This

Who do you think is responsible, do you even have a clue who built it, are you blaming the company and charging them all with the crime, shall we arrest the architect who did not lay a brick, shall we arrest the lads on the tools, site manager who just ensured the job was done to spec, local authority for agreeing to sign off the work, while I agree someone should be held culpable, please do explain who to prosecute, your making out the law is an ass yet your way would seemingly arrest everyone involved with the construction.

So tell me who is responsible?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
So tell me who is responsible?
The public body which authorised the use of high rise building cladding which was combustable. They would seem to be the ones to blame, maybe it was the H&S executive who agreed it, but some public body was responsible for that decision.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
When it’s a muslims arrested for JOKING about non-muslim deaths EVERY libtard will be OUTRAGED at this pathetic law

When it’s a black arrested for JOKING about the death of whites EVERY libtard will be OUTRAGED at the pathetic law

EVERY person on this site who is defending this pathetic law right now is ONLY doing so because they’re racist

EVERY person on this site who is outraged at this pathetic law right now is ONLY doing so because this law is dangerous and pathetic and EVERY one of them would be equally as outraged if it were blacks, Muslims, or whoever being arrested for a totally VICTIMLESS joke. A fricken parody video about a building fire

The ‘left’ looks more pathetic every day

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

i agree but the OP seems to think that is one person, a decision was made but if the practice at the time was accepted and the work was completed to spec, then who can you blame, if it was your building company which was the main contractor its not your fault, if you worked on the job its not your fault either

This is what the poster agreed with

i work in construction as a joiner if i do what the spec says, then i made it, therefore by the logic he agreed with, i should be arrested

Oh and no one was arrested, they handed themselves in, sick and tired of this thread now, people just cant read

edit on 8-11-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

what law is it you seem so riled over, please do detail it, your use of caps suggest you may have a bias to confirm

oh and by the way to really upset your assumption, i voted for brexit and have voted conservative twice in my life but hey I must be a lefty in disguise, you are trying to push a left vs right narrative that is clearly not there
edit on 8-11-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak
Wow, rant much?
I'm middle of the road politics and I have no problem with the public order/digital communications acts. Never affected me because I'm not a prick to people.
You want the right to upset grieving families? I don't, I wouldn't dream of wishing for such a right.
...and I'm right wing in many of my opinions for the record, immigration and taxation for starters, just I don't want the right to be a prick to grieving families or anyone else.
Seems weird to me that you want that right, are you a prick to people? I'm not so the current law doesn't ever affect my daily life.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

No. You only think it’s wrong for ‘white’ people to act like pricks.

When it’s non-whites, you’re fine with it

Yes. It’s should be a ‘right’ to OFFEND anyone at all.

edit on 8 11 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown
Gosh you seem grumpy.
I'm in property renovation myself, all aspects, and yes if it was done to spec then it is the governing public body to blame, whoever set the specs, as I already said.
...your line about the arrest/handing themselves in thing I already knew as I intimated in a previous reply so who you were aiming that to I can only guess.

I also said I wouldn't have handed myself in either, I'd ignore the door to the cops and they'd give up after a week or so when the publicity died down. They wouldn't break the door down for a public order/digital communications act offence lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

No. You only think it’s wrong for ‘white’ people to act like pricks.

When it’s non-whites, you’re fine with it

Yes. It’s should be a ‘right’ to OFFEND anyone at all.

Lol, you seem deranged, I don't like anybody being pricks to fellow humans, I'm colour blind when it comes to identifying pricks.
Maybe have a cup of tea and calm down, stop thinking I'm some lefty because I'm not, as I already told you.
Did you even read my previous reply to you?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join