It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge allows North Dakota Republicans to block Native Americans from voting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'd bet every household has cable tv.
Those installers must be magicians to find houses with no address.

If this were an actual problem it's been around for years.
Are you saying tribal governments are too stupid to work out a few street names and to put up signs?
Sounds more like a lot of wind to me over 2 or 3 voters that actually live in teepees which they move periodically.
edit on 6-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: BlackJackal

a reply to: BlackJackal

There is a Tribe here that can vote in both North and South Dakota at the same time, because of the location of their reservation.

Essentially stacking Dem votes.

This was just trying to address that.

But nice troll.

Keep buying the rhetoric sheep.

I am currently sitting in North Dakota listening to a local radio station talk about the problem.

I'm sure you know much more about it though.

As far as your reply, NPC says what?

🍻

So what is that local radio station? Who is on the station right now.

I've no idea... I normally just listen to music in the truck but today is election day so I found AM 1090 here. It's two guys talking about the election. They are on from 9-11am.

That make you happy SG?

Yes, it does. Right-wing talk radio. Objective information there.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

This is from your post and is the reason sighted first voter suppression .

They passed a law which requires all voters to present an ID that lists their current residential address.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Are you saying tribal governments are too stupid to work out a few street names and to put up signs?
Sounds more like a lot of wind to me over 2 or 3 voters that actually live in teepees which they move periodically.

Up to 5000 people may be affected.

The law has drawn particular attention because of North Dakota Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, a Democrat who won her 2012 election by fewer than 3,000 votes — a victory widely attributed to her support among Native Americans. But the new voter ID law is expected to affect voting access for as many as 5,000 Native Americans in the state, and Heitkamp is facing a fierce challenge from Republican Kevin Cramer, who is leading in many polls by an average of 11.4 points, according to Real Clear Politics.

LINK

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

There is a Tribe here that can vote in both North and South Dakota at the same time, because of the location of their reservation.

But nice troll.

I am currently sitting in North Dakota listening to a local radio station talk about the problem.

🍻

I've no idea... I normally just listen to music in the truck but today is election day so I found AM 1090 here. It's two guys talking about the election. They are on from 9-11am.

That make you happy SG?

Only one I could find talking about the election sweety.

Still more informative than the skewed partisan crap in your OP though...

Forecast for tomorrow is skyscreaming with a heavy rain of liberal tears, so far.

See you tomorrow!
edit on 6-11-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I fail to see your logic. They must present an ID, therefore this is the REAL ID law?

What?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: rollanotherone

what hypocrisy?

So, it is hypocritical to point out the genocidal history, the forced assimilation and americanisation, and the continual attacks on us...

let me guess, you have never pointed out the "Violent left", you have never pointed out "Racism against whites" you have never pointed out anything to do with "Antifa".. because that would make you hypocritical right?

I'll point out idiocy where ever it exists. And you seem to be center north.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The law has drawn particular attention because of North Dakota Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, a Democrat who won her 2012 election by fewer than 3,000 votes — a victory widely attributed to her support among Native Americans. But the new voter ID law is expected to affect voting access for as many as 5,000 Native Americans in the state, and Heitkamp is facing a fierce challenge from Republican Kevin Cramer, who is leading in many polls by an average of 11.4 points, according to Real Clear Politics.

LINK

Again...nobody is affected. This is simple partisan BS news.

They had to bring whatever doc before that had their POBox on it to vote. Now they just have to bring a different document to vote. RRRRRHHHEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Voter Suppression!!!!!

Peddle the crap reporting from your source elsewhere....especially when it is completely wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Unless this all just happened in the last few days, then waiting until election day to get all upset over this seems like a political ploy to win the sympathy of the ignorant. Asking the question of how to fix this should have been done months ago and a viable fix should have already been working.

But the big question is, will this same thing pop up in two years? If so, you can be sure it's the republican's fault for forcefully not letting people plan for future events.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

However, it is a deterrent and the basis is a nonexistent problem.

I don't think ensuring that people are voting in local elections they're allowed to vote in is a nonexistent problem. This article highlights the concerns over precinct boundaries in North Dakota reservations, and the desire of the tribes to ensure their people voted in the right place.

If is like if one day you go to your local Wal-Mart but before you can enter the store you have to show your library card.

It's really not, because not everybody has a library card and it's incredibly easy to through life without one. I think you'd be extremely hard pressed to find people who have neither a government issued ID NOR a utility bill NOR a bank account statement NOR a paycheck NOR a check by state or federal governments NOR a check from the tribe NOR any other document provided by any of the previously listed entities.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

What are you talking about? You do realize not all of North Dakota lives on reservations, right? That's where the issue lies. Most people living on the reservations only have PO Box numbers for their address. So if PO Boxes no longer count as viable addresses then North Dakota is disenfranchising the Native American population from voting.

Even then, this is a law that is just going in to effect for this election. So these people would have been able to vote in previous elections.

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

Please go to the ND government website I linked to and point out where they cant vote. The law does nothing to block them at all. This is typical Democrat BS RRRRHHHHEEEEEEEE!

I believe many here are being intentionally obtuse or maybe just plain lazy and ignorant and dont research before they knee jerk.

Alright Casa Hoe, calm down.

Apparently, you didn't read all of my comment did you? Even if they have options the law is intended to make them not want to jump through the hoops in order to be able to vote. That's the point.

So where is that voter fraud evidence, huh? You know the reason why they made this law in the first place? It must be real bad for them to do something that could possible disenfranchise so many.

Awe...cute...name calling because you are wrong and cant admit you're just a partisan sky screamer.

Poor folks have to bring a bill or bank statement with them now....geez....the horror and inconvenience....I cant imagine having to do that....it is hard enough for me to carry my drivers license to show when I vote....having to have a separate piece of paper must be grounds for PTSD. /sarc

If you only knew who I really was.

The mating call of pure hubris. Lay your cards on the table or fold and walk away.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

What are you talking about? You do realize not all of North Dakota lives on reservations, right? That's where the issue lies. Most people living on the reservations only have PO Box numbers for their address. So if PO Boxes no longer count as viable addresses then North Dakota is disenfranchising the Native American population from voting.

Even then, this is a law that is just going in to effect for this election. So these people would have been able to vote in previous elections.

Please go to the ND government website I linked to and point out where they cant vote. The law does nothing to block them at all. This is typical Democrat BS RRRRHHHHEEEEEEEE!

I believe many here are being intentionally obtuse or maybe just plain lazy and ignorant and dont research before they knee jerk.

Apparently, you didn't read all of my comment did you? Even if they have options the law is intended to make them not want to jump through the hoops in order to be able to vote. That's the point.

So where is that voter fraud evidence, huh? You know the reason why they made this law in the first place? It must be real bad for them to do something that could possible disenfranchise so many.

Awe...cute...name calling because you are wrong and cant admit you're just a partisan sky screamer.

Poor folks have to bring a bill or bank statement with them now....geez....the horror and inconvenience....I cant imagine having to do that....it is hard enough for me to carry my drivers license to show when I vote....having to have a separate piece of paper must be grounds for PTSD. /sarc

The mating call of pure hubris. Lay your cards on the table or fold and walk away.

These are my favorite claims on this site....its like the videos of young entitled brats getting busted by police and they scream "do you know who I am?"

link   

LINK

Weasel words. Just like a bottle of shampoo that says "May help reduce dandruff" The key weasel word is MAY. But why bother with that. Logic and critical thinking be damned.

link   

LINK

Bolding my emphasis. Seems like it is more likely that ND discovered they do not care for Heitkamp and this is just establishing a democrat excuse for her failure tonight. They will cry that she only loss due to voter suppression, instead of facing the reality that the majority of voters just don't care for her politics.

Edit add: apparently, I did not quote you. Here is part from your quote that stands out:

Heitkamp is facing a fierce challenge from Republican Kevin Cramer, who is leading in many polls by an average of 11.4 points, according to Real Clear Politics.

edit on 11 6 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

LINK

Again...nobody is affected. This is simple partisan BS news.

They had to bring whatever doc before that had their POBox on it to vote. Now they just have to bring a different document to vote. RRRRRHHHEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Voter Suppression!!!!!

Peddle the crap reporting from your source elsewhere....especially when it is completely wrong.

If I don't agree ===== Wrong
If I do agree ======Right

Attempting to make voting more difficult when the reasoning behind it is a blatant lie (Voter Fraud is a problem), is objectively wrong. The end goal is to suppress at least some of the vote.

How can you agree with a law that is supposed to fix something that doesn't exist? Unless you can provide some of that evidence of voter fraud that is rampant out there this law was written and passed on false pretenses.

Just because it's your party passing the law, doesn't make it right.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

But nice troll.

🍻

That make you happy SG?

Only one I could find talking about the election sweety.

Still more informative than the skewed partisan crap in your OP though...

Forecast for tomorrow is skyscreaming with a heavy rain of liberal tears, so far.

See you tomorrow!

Ugh. Work is going to be horrible for me tomorrow. I wont even be able to gloat for fear of losing my job.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Dude you need a drivers wisen’s , tribal ID or state issued ID to vote. Do you think they’re going to take a Sam’s card ?

What don’t you understand about this ?

This is from the department of motor vehicles.

North Dakota bears the unique distinction that it does not require voters to register prior to Election Day. You may simply bring acceptable proof of ID and residency to the polls in order to vote (see below).

Each precinct is responsible for governing its own election process, and the Secretary of State has a "central voter file" in which all county auditors share their precinct's voter list.
When you arrive at the polls on Election Day, you'll need to show proof of birth date and residency. This can include:
A North Dakota driver's license or ID card.
An ID issued by a tribal government.
A form of identification issued by the Secretary of State.
A combination of the options above.

www.dmv.org...

edit on 6-11-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Over 2,000 of which have gotten new FREE IDs with addresses.

I'm glad to see some folks got up and did something about this issue rather than just running around talking about it and throwing their hands up in the air.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

You misunderstand. I am not trying to say I am famous. It's more about what I do for a living. I'm nothing special but I am paid to understand these topics.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Unless this all just happened in the last few days, then waiting until election day to get all upset over this seems like a political ploy to win the sympathy of the ignorant. Asking the question of how to fix this should have been done months ago and a viable fix should have already been working.

But the big question is, will this same thing pop up in two years? If so, you can be sure it's the republican's fault for forcefully not letting people plan for future events.

I've seen this story for at least a month, which makes me assume it's been an issue longer. They have been working on ways to address an actual address and print ids.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join