It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge allows North Dakota Republicans to block Native Americans from voting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
But....you need to have a street address to prove you are a resident of the voting district. The reservations here have street addresses, it would be simple for them to do that, in fact I bet the vast majority of the reservations already have street addresses on the houses or complexes.

The law is meant to restrict fraud, you already need a street address here to vote, I bet this is not a new law there. A post office box is not allowed to qualify for voting here, a street address is required. How can they get their Amazon stuff delivered if all they have is a post office box. How can they get their drivers license without a street address where they live there?

This rule was not created to stop Native Americans from voting, only to make sure fraud does not occur

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Nice try but it doesn’t go into effect till 2020. Won’t affect the selection of whatsoever .

www.myndnow.com...

Different law all together. Try to keep up.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: mikell

originally posted by: mikell
Funny really like the Dims say blacks can't get an ID. Nothing like the plantation racist Dim are at it again.

Alright smart guy. How do you get an address if the house you live in doesn't have an address?

Call the frigging electric company they are the ones who assign addresses. Even if the lots empty they assign them.

I am very smart by the way!!

You do realize that Indian Reservations are not the property of the United States and therefore do not follow the laws of the United States, right? You are smart so I assume you just made a mistake with your previous comment.

Do you realize the electric companys hand out the address reservation or not. Yes i know the process unless they have their own electric company and i really don't think so.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Oh, and how can mail be delivered without an address? .

A PO box... did you even bother reading the OP?

Which means they have a mailing address. Which means they can request a mail in ballot. Which means there is no voter suppression and the OP is just another nothing burger post to make that paycheck.

You are a damn moron. Did you not read the freaking article? You are just making # up because you think it should be that way.

READ MY LIPS THEY BANNED PEOPLE WITH ONLY A PO BOX

Funny you call people a moron when clearly you only read one article and did no further research

The state government says that residents without a street ID should contact their county's 911 coordinator to sign up for a free street address and request a letter confirming that address.

and this part

Jamie Azure, the tribal chairman of the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians, says his tribe has been preparing for this shift ever since the law was first passed years ago — but with the final decision coming just weeks before Election Day, "the timing is horrible," he tells NPR. "It's just a daunting process."

meaning, it's not new, it's not sudden, they KNEW the law was changed.

But hey continue to be ignorantly outraged.
source

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: rollanotherone

So you don't have any evidence that I repeat the talking points of others. I thought so, you're blowing hot air.

I never said that. I said I'm not going to go through your idiotic posts to prove what I already know. You're as guilty as everyone else you accuse. You're not as "enlightened" as you like to portray.
Plus, I dont need to prove anything to you. I know from reading your posts daily. You're as guilty as the rest.

Good day oh holy one.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Everybody is focused on the content of the decision but nobody seems to be discussing the convenient timing of it. This case has been working its way through the court system for years. How lucky for the Republicans that it finally reached the Supreme Court just weeks before Heitkamp was up for reelection.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yeah, facts and logic will never pierce through Southern... err, I mean, BJ's tiny world view.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Everybody is focused on the content of the decision but nobody seems to be discussing the convenient timing of it. This case has been working its way through the court system for years. How lucky for the Republicans that it finally reached the Supreme Court just weeks before Heitkamp was up for reelection.

Ok then, and who is blocking judges from being appointed so decisions can me made?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

So you don't have any evidence that I repeat the talking points of others. I thought so, you're blowing hot air.

I never said that. I said I'm not going to go through your idiotic posts to prove what I already know. You're as guilty as everyone else you accuse. You're not as "enlightened" as you like to portray.
Plus, I dont need to prove anything to you. I know from reading your posts daily. You're as guilty as the rest.

Good day oh holy one.

Feeble attempts at backtracking is a cop-out. You said it, now quote him and prove it.

link   
a reply to: Vector99

If I'm remembering correctly, a lower court had put a stay on the law. It wasn't until this Supreme Court decision that the law actually went in to effect.

link   
a reply to: mikell

Funny. You have nothing logical to add so you use a lame attempt at insulting others. The main "Dims" I see support Trump people such as mikell.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Judges in North Dakota, including their Supreme Court justices, are elected positions.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Good day oh holy one.

Feeble attempts at backtracking is a cop-out. You said it, now quote him and prove it.

Sorry but no. I dont owe you jack squat. I know what I know. Tell you what, you can do it though. Maybe learn something about your internet buddy.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Nope

Did you read the link? Because apparently you didn’t bother to read yours all the way .

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Judges in North Dakota, including their Supreme Court justices, are elected positions.

Well that is a conundrum isnt it. You have to vote to elect the judges but you can't vote because you dont have an address. But if you don't have an address, how do you vote? How did they do it in the past?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Let the hate flow through you

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
To sum up this entire discussion. Which is a more likely scenario?

After Heitkampts win in 2012 in which she won with support of Native Americans:

The Republicans, decide that now is the time to craft a law aimed at stopping voter fraud (even though there is no recorded incidents of this fraud) because they are good people.

OR

The Republicans surprised by Heitkampts surprise win looked for ways to suppress the people who put her in office in the first place.

So is it fixing a manufactured incident of fraud, or holding onto power.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Oh, and how can mail be delivered without an address? .

A PO box... did you even bother reading the OP?

Which means they have a mailing address. Which means they can request a mail in ballot. Which means there is no voter suppression and the OP is just another nothing burger post to make that paycheck.

You are a damn moron. Did you not read the freaking article? You are just making # up because you think it should be that way.

READ MY LIPS THEY BANNED PEOPLE WITH ONLY A PO BOX

No. I dont read what you post. I never do. I cherish my brain cells and your posts have this funny thing where they actually deplete brain cells and lower the IQ of the reader.

I'm talking from personal experience working for the USPS. Theyd never allow non Democrat votes to go wasted. The USPS, you know, the people who manage PO Boxes...

Good, you admit you're a moron. Just blindly posting bull# because you don't want to consider other possibilities.

Except you dont post "other possibilities" You post opinion and feelings. Your posts are about as useful as a busted condom.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join