It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge allows North Dakota Republicans to block Native Americans from voting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: mikell

The racial undertones around here lately are disgusting. Get better talking points other than thinly veiled racist ones. It's like you guys are a hivemind, picking up and using all these buzzwords and phrases all at the same time. I think I'm going to start calling you guys Borg because it's like you all share the same mind.

Pot. Meet kettle.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

That's what the P.O. box option was for. I'm pretty sure they had that base covered.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Name 3 members here who say what I say. I don't trust Democrats or Republicans. Stop projecting. Unless of course you can provide examples of me repeating the talking points of others, otherwise you're blowing hot air.

link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Oh, and how can mail be delivered without an address? .

A PO box... did you even bother reading the OP?

Which means they have a mailing address. Which means they can request a mail in ballot. Which means there is no voter suppression and the OP is just another nothing burger post to make that paycheck.

link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

The leaders on the Reservation have to get engaged and figure it out. Yes, the rules have changed. Rules change all the time for good reasons. I have some empathy for them but I have a hard time believing this could not have been addressed many moons ago. That part is left out of the conversation. When did they know this and what did they do about it? Were they given any other options? Much is left out of the story. You make it sound like they just woke up on voting and and could not vote. I don't think that is correct.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hmmm not liking what I'm hearing. If they show any valid form of ID they should be able to vote.

I can understand a PO box not being a valid address, but if they have govt ID I don't see the problem.

Eyeballing the source it's a guaranteed lefty slant only giving one side of the story. It would be nice to hear the whole thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Name 3 members here who say what I say. I don't trust Democrats or Republicans. Stop projecting. Unless of course you can provide examples of me repeating the talking points of others, otherwise you're blowing hot air.

If you dont remember your own posts and are requiring me to research your posts, then you've already lost the debate. I've called you the unenlightened one on many occasions for your idiotic posts. This is one of them.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

There is a Tribe here that can vote in both North and South Dakota at the same time, because of the location of their reservation.

Essentially stacking Dem votes.

This was just trying to address that.

But nice troll.

(post by BlackJackal removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

There is a Tribe here that can vote in both North and South Dakota at the same time, because of the location of their reservation.

But nice troll.

Keep buying the rhetoric sheep.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think everyone should be able to vote, but the problem arises when you follow a different set of laws. When indians and amish have their own laws and lands, when is it acceptable to vote outside of it? Can I create a breakaway society, and then demand to vote outside of it? How does it work as far as US law and Indian/amish law?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: mikell

Funny really like the Dims say blacks can't get an ID. Nothing like the plantation racist Dim are at it again.

Alright smart guy. How do you get an address if the house you live in doesn't have an address?

Call the frigging electric company they are the ones who assign addresses. Even if the lots empty they assign them.

I am very smart by the way!!

You do realize that Indian Reservations are not the property of the United States and therefore do not follow the laws of the United States, right? You are smart so I assume you just made a mistake with your previous comment.

If they aren't part of the U.S. and don't follow our laws, then why allow them to vote at all?

This is my question as well...

I mean, if they don't pay taxes why would they be able to vote? Wouldn't that be representation without taxation?

Maybe they should assign themselves addresses. "plantation b, dwelling 34c" - not like anyone would have to be able to find them.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

So you don't have any evidence that I repeat the talking points of others. I thought so, you're blowing hot air.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Funny really like the Dims say blacks can't get an ID. Nothing like the plantation racist Dim are at it again.

Alright smart guy. How do you get an address if the house you live in doesn't have an address?

Call the frigging electric company they are the ones who assign addresses. Even if the lots empty they assign them.

I am very smart by the way!!

You do realize that Indian Reservations are not the property of the United States and therefore do not follow the laws of the United States, right? You are smart so I assume you just made a mistake with your previous comment.

Uh...what?

As U.S. citizens, American Indians and Alaska Natives are generally subject to federal, state, and local laws.On federal Indian reservations, however, only federal and tribal laws apply to members of the tribe, unless Congress provides otherwise. In federal law, the Assimilative Crimes Act makes any violation of state criminal law a federal offense on reservations. Most tribes now maintain tribal court systems and facilities to detain tribal members convicted of certain offenses within the boundaries of the reservation.

Reservations are very much subject to "the laws of the United States."

Now that that's cleared up, some of the comments in this thread are absolutely asinine. "Do teepees even have electricity hurr durr durr."

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
I think everyone should be able to vote, but the problem arises when you follow a different set of laws. When indians and amish have their own laws and lands, when is it acceptable to vote outside of it? Can I create a breakaway society, and then demand to vote outside of it? How does it work as far as US law and Indian/amish law?

The Indians live on reservations due to us taking away their land. I don't think it was by choice. Remember the Trail of Tears?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Are you stupid, what stops anyone from anywhere from getting a po box and voting then?

Jaden
This isn't about suppressing votes,it's about keeping votes legitimate.
edit on 6-11-2018 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

But nice troll.

I am currently sitting in North Dakota listening to a local radio station talk about the problem.

I'm sure you know much more about it though.

As far as your reply, NPC says what?

🍻

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sorry, I meant state laws

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Nice try but it doesn’t go into effect till 2020. It won’t affect this election whatsoever .

There's no if's, and's, or buts, many North Dakota residents will have to update their license to a Real ID by 2020

www.myndnow.com...
edit on 6-11-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

But nice troll.

I am currently sitting in North Dakota listening to a local radio station talk about the problem.

I'm sure you know much more about it though.

As far as your reply, NPC says what?

🍻

So what is that local radio station? Who is on the station right now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join