It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Voted...how busy were the polls?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Voted in Massachusetts, Met my sister at 7:00, and it was the biggest turnout we’ve ever seen.

Hoping it’s to keep Elizabeth Warren out!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm in Royal Oak. They had 395 when my wife went to vote at 8:00 this morning. She said they had a decent line. I am leaving work at 4:00 PM. They were telling my wife that its trending to be at presidential levels as far as numbers. Not sure what that tells us?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
My wife was #23 at the opening at 7 I went about 2:30 and was #479. Small town America. Walked right in and right through the process.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I live in Royal Oak, Michigan. I was there right as the polls opened, and there was a bit of a line. More activity than you would expect from a mid-term election, especially since there aren't any really big races in our area.

Hey neighbor.. I vote at Northwood Elementary, live at 12 & Main. Nice to know I have a fellow ATS'er living in my home town..

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Voted this morning at around 9:20 with terrible weather was surprised that I had any wait but it was minimal they’d already had about 50 people through at that one polling place just that morning so seems high for mid terms.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
About 3:50 pm I was number 357, but then again it is the poll for all us country folk in the township. Never a need to be armed to enter, there is no hope for voter intimidation tactics out here. We would just plow through the two or three that might try.
edit on 6-11-2018 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thought it was about the same as last election in 2016. Different polling place this time, might have been a tiny bit busier but nothing noteworthy. Always go in the mornings though to avoid the lunch and evening rush to vote.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Thought it was about the same as last election in 2016. Different polling place this time, might have been a tiny bit busier but nothing noteworthy. Always go in the mornings though to avoid the lunch and evening rush to vote.

That was a presidential election for a midterm to be roughly the same is a huge turnout.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: amazing

That was a presidential election for a midterm to be roughly the same is a huge turnout.

You've got a point!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Here in the suburbs of Detroit Michigan, voting seemed heavier than previous mid terms. It might have to do with one of the proposals (legalizing Marijuana) or just the overall political climate.
There are no really heated political seats so it seemed strange.

How is it where you are?

Seen it mentioned in the news here in tbe UK, they've not given a theory my opinion it's both sides treating this as a Referendum on the Annoying Orange, the left are boring the party lines in droves to swing the house and senate. The right are voting party lines in droves to protect what they've got

It I'll be interesting to see the news at 6am GMT when I usually get up

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It is a gorgeous day in smallish town central Texas. Long voting lines almost the same size as Trump/Clinton election. Early voting had more apparently, was said to be a 3 hour wait time.
Cruz and Beto yard signs are about 50/50, from what I have seen.

edit on 6-11-2018 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I walked in just 30 minutes or so ago, got immediately processed, voted, and walked out. Took no time at all. Was damn near desolate.
edit on 11/6/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Buford, GA, i voted Friday. Took a little over an hour, my first midterm vote. All hands on deck.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Polls were busy here in the Bronx. I went 2 hours ago and the lines were long but fast.

I got a weird feeling. I will check to see that my ballot was not changed.

I wrote in my vote for "A Jedi, Luke Skywalker, and Obi-Wan Kenobi" instead of three unopposed Democrats.

Every other choice was Republican down the line. Where there were none I went Conservative party or Working Families Party.

Basically, everyone not a Democrat.

edit on 11 6 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Here in Louisville, Kentucky, it was about the same. beautiful fall day. Went about 3:30 pm . had maybe 20 people voting, mostly older and women. But alot of traffic coming in and going out.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
the local city councilman just said that we have around the same voter turnout we did during the presidential election so it will be overwhelmingly republican here in pennsylvania

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe We went to vote about 1sh and there was a line took about an hour. Never seen it this busy. Been at this polling place for about 15 years.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Dem's are crushing it in PA and I don't know a single person who openly admits to being democrat

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Voted in Massachusetts, Met my sister at 7:00, and it was the biggest turnout we’ve ever seen.

Sorry =(

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: KTemplar

Sorry =(

Thanks! I’m very disappointed, she’s a nightmare.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join