It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Voted...how busy were the polls?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Here in the suburbs of Detroit Michigan, voting seemed heavier than previous mid terms. It might have to do with one of the proposals (legalizing Marijuana) or just the overall political climate.
There are no really heated political seats so it seemed strange.

How is it where you are?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I voted last Friday. I waited in line over an hour.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This may be sensationalized, but some of the "experts" on cable news media are projecting that as many as 100,000,000 Americans will vote in these midterms. With estimated 35,000,000 voting early.

If even close to true. Wow, just wow!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Orange county is a predominantly Red county in California... Minus the hate and secret closeted racists. The older crowds are already lined up (it's 0645). Last minute ads running round the clock... Traffic terrible, sunshine forecast. Another great day in socal.

Politics is politics here, not a thin veil for people who think they're superior or want to shoot black churches or mail pipe bombs. Border security is a big issue, albeit understated.

Vote for policies not parties.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Well, considering someone literally took a tractor, I would say about normal. No line.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Not overly busy here in northern Indiana.
But I got there right when they opened and it was raining so who knows..

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
In my area (suburban Grand Rapids) gettin' busy. It was fairly quick and easy when we went at 7, but by the time we were walking out, the line was starting to snake outside. Definitely reminded me of the presidential election turnout in that regard.

JinMi is in a different part of the GR area than I, and said in his thread that his polling place was pretty slow (i.e not much going on yet) when he went.

Regardless of how this morning goes anywhere country-wide, it's going to be a wait and a half later today.
edit on 11/6/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I voted early here in GA, but the first day I went the line was over an hour wait so I left and came back at an odd time on another day and it took about 20 min.

Similar turnout to the presidential election from my experience but that is just in my district in GA so cant speak for the others.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I may go to the polls and not vote as my state has no cabdidates that are worthy of anybody votung for them

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I went to vote at our tiny township hall. I actually waited to go after 9am to avoid clogging up the line for those who needed to go to work. I was amazed the parking lot was full but very steady stream of folks meant there was no real long wait times.

I am guessing that the 3 Propositions for state and 1 for county are the actual draws for the voters in my more rural area in southwest Michigan. I imagine it will get even busier after 4pm as many of my neighbors get off work.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

There was about a ten minute wait where I live (Wisconsin)

It is a very heated race here and a lot of votes on referendums.
I have a feeling voter turnout here will be historic and record breaking for our state.

Just a little taste of what it's like to live here.
A local shooting range is giving anyone with a voting sticker 30 minutes of free shooting.
I think that is hilarious and hey shooting time can get expensive so that's cool!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I lived there in the 90's. I remember Orange County going bankrupt. Something regarding investing in forestry logging with bonds that ended up burning in a wildfire. It seemed like the county was also wasting money at the time on things that were not needed.

Use to be a good military footprint and a decent middle class workforce. Haven't been back.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Here in the suburbs of Detroit Michigan, voting seemed heavier than previous mid terms. It might have to do with one of the proposals (legalizing Marijuana) or just the overall political climate.
There are no really heated political seats so it seemed strange.

How is it where you are?

I'll be voting after work, but I live in a 3 square mile town with a population of 700 (not sure if that includes those of us who live on the outskirts of town) so it shouldn't be too bad. In 2016, however, there was a record turnout.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: luthier

I lived there in the 90's. I remember Orange County going bankrupt. Something regarding investing in forestry logging with bonds that ended up burning in a wildfire. It seemed like the county was also wasting money at the time on things that were not needed.

Use to be a good military footprint and a decent middle class workforce. Haven't been back.

Well it's one of the only states providing revenue to the federal government.

At least they have that. It seems ironic the liberal cities produce a lot of the revenue and many conservative rural states need federal welfare to operate.

I dont know what that means except rhetoric doesnt always reflect reality.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I was in and out in 6 minutes. However, my town has 900 people. Not sure if everyone who could vote, voted at once, there would be much of a wait

That county over from mine though has had CRAZY voter turnout so far. There is a University there and more students are voting than ever. There were actually people offering free rides to help the students get to other polling places so they could vote faster. Other people bringing pizza and phone charges to those waiting in line. It was actually inspiring.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I live in Royal Oak, Michigan. I was there right as the polls opened, and there was a bit of a line. More activity than you would expect from a mid-term election, especially since there aren't any really big races in our area.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
just finished voting, Sctt Wagner, then any libertarian candidate I can find and I wrote my name in where it was only Dem's running

oh, I was the only one voting

edit on 6-11-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
At my polling place in NYC there was approximately double the usual numbers I see in a typical non-Presidential year.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just back from voting.

About 200 people there at the time (hour before noon).

Observations:

Going in...the guys out front passing out Dem fliers was all but ignored.
...people were taking the Republican literature 10-1.

I just realized THIS was the FIRST time I voted in a midterm election.
I will from now on.

I wonder how many others never voted midterm...until now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join