It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a simple question here. What are Americans voting for this time around

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I voted for the restoration of the hierarchy of classes. In order to get something one must work for something. Some are unable to work so they will be helped but only at a basic level. For those looking to exploit the system, either by entering the system illegally or, those trying to harness the power of those entering illegally, they must be dealt with.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Here in MI, the two things that I want to see is, legal dope and legal sports betting.
Other than that, I hoping for red in the senate and congress.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

It seems to me that the answer to that question depends on who the individual voter is actually voting for. Those voting for Democratic candidates, are in some cases voting to install checks and balances on an administration which has already proven itself incapable of self policing and working within the constitution, rather than trying to change it for ideological reasons. In other cases, they may just be seeking to set up a situation where their local politics is driven by different forces than is currently the case.

Those voting Republican will, by and large, be trying to bolster the current administration and keep the houses of governance biased and incapable of applying a braking force to the momentum of the Presidents will. Some will simply be doing so because their local candidate for the Republican Party, has a better grasp, they believe, on what the issues in the area the voter lives in are, and has better plans to deal with them, rather than because they have any particular love for the party. Some will simply vote that way because they always have, regardless of what they know about their local candidate.

The really politically aware on both "sides" will be attempting to either prevent checks and balances being installed on their glorious leader, or alternatively attempting to apply those checks and balances to someone they see as a dictatorial bag of pus, whose actions threaten the very foundations of the nation as it stands today. Its a complicated situation.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Not being in the TPP = done
Having border security = done / in progress
Fixing / improving nafta = done
Have a better economy = done
Preserve 2nd amendment = done
Standing against sjw madness = done / in progress
Kim stopping firing missiles and progress with NK = done / in progress
Make other countries pay for our military they use = in progress
Tax reduction on my paycheck = done

Just the points off the top of my head. Trump is the best president of my lifetime.

I don't know about Trump being the best, but I do know how to halt any progress along the lines mentioned above and that would be to let the Democrats win.

It would also let the crazy back in control, and I am not in favor of that. It's never good when the lunatics run the asylum.

Sane people who lean left need to retake their party from the lunatics.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Funny, but everything you wrote? Was pretty much why I voted in Republicans during the Obama Administration.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: watchitburn

They're voting for:

Free speech
smaller Govt
less taxes
personal responsibility
more jobs
continued economic growth
Upholding the laws

They're voting against:

Authoritarianism
Victim mentality
Nanny state
Corruption
Censorship

So you vote libertarian. Good.

Libertarian rule has never existed anywhere on the planet. Surprising because out of all the fantasy forms of government it does sound the most ideal. One would think, hey why can't this happen anywhere. Well, that's because in a real crisis, Stan Lee's coloring pencils can't do much but help escape reality for a little while.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sane people on the right need to start holding their politicians accountable for not being conservative with finances or government.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

originally posted by: watchitburn

They're voting for:

Free speech
smaller Govt
less taxes
personal responsibility
more jobs
continued economic growth
Upholding the laws

They're voting against:

Authoritarianism
Victim mentality
Nanny state
Corruption
Censorship

So you vote libertarian. Good.

Libertarian rule has never existed anywhere on the planet. Surprising because out of all the fantasy forms of government it does sound the most ideal. One would think, hey why can't this happen anywhere. Well, that's because in a real crisis, Stan Lee's coloring pencils can't do much but help escape reality for a little while.

Many of the founders were libertarian. Classical liberalism is pretty much libertarian. Jefferson comes to mind.

The libertarian party came from the realization conservatives are not fiscally conservative or champions of personal liberty. It's also not very old.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Sane people on the right need to start holding their politicians accountable for not being conservative with finances or government.

I'd love to. I would have voted libertarian this last presidential election, but they gave us ... Gary Johnson. The only way he was actually different from a traditional politician of either stripe was that he was stoned and all for legalizing weed.

That was actually no option at all.

And don't tell me it's an option to vote for the other party. If I am "holding Republicans to account" the last thing I'm going to do this cycle is allow the crazy into power. That's worse.

You did see my part about not wanting higher taxes, right?

The problem I see with libertarians right now is that there are two camps: libertines and true libertarians. The libertines are all for legalized vice with none of the personal accountability. They don't favor the idea of personal freedom and responsibility. They want to continue that social safety net. In other words, subsidize me in my vices when they get out of control and take over my life. True libertarians will let you have your vices too, but they also hold you to account for them. If you want to do crystal meth and it takes over your life, that's on you. You're on the street if that's where it takes you.

I'm the latter type. You want to legalize stuff; you also need to pull the rug out so I'm not paying for your playtime.
edit on 6-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I voted to a couple new school board members.
And the Indiana Senate race.
Dont want a blue ripple in the tidy bowl....

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'd love to. I would have voted libertarian this last presidential election, but they gave us ... Gary Johnson. The only way he was actually different from a traditional politician of either stripe was that he was stoned and all for legalizing weed.

That was actually no option at all.

And don't tell me it's an option to vote for the other party. If I am "holding Republicans to account" the last thing I'm going to do this cycle is allow the crazy into power. That's worse.

You did see my part about not wanting higher taxes, right?

I am a little further along in my resentment towards government stupidity. I no longer see a difference.

Even the economy everyone says is doing so well is creating jobs at a lesser rate than Obama did in his last 21 months and he had lesser debt. As a rationalist I dont say but he was a Democrat.

The fact is he took the economy from a terrible place and brought down unemployment about 4 percent,.trump has used every temporary short term trick possible has roughly the same job growth and more debt.

I dont know what conservative theory you apply but cutting taxes and not paying your Bill's isn't actually cutting taxes.

So...in reality raising taxes to pay for your bills is in fact conservative.

I would never vote for a party. There is literally no difference in the amount of debt or easing of personal liberty. They just choose different niches.

Didnt this Congress just expand the patriot act and FISA?

Yep.

Voting incombants out sends the message we need better options. Voting party lines does not.

Libertarianism is not one thing. It does however realize America is made up of many viewpoints so things like safety nets are brought up.

They have been by Austrian economics since the beginning. They prefer negative income tax or a basic income

It's called a compromise.
edit on 6-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
In my state of Michigan?

Weed.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I voted for the right to drink mead from the broken skulls of my enemies.

#VoteViking

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
In my state of Michigan?

Weed.

For purely medical purposes.....
Am I right?
Huh?

Lol....

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Democrats won't change that. You're looking at a uniparty there.

But they will do their darndest to put us into the globalized system and make us nothing, not a sovereign nation. They'll also work their best to undermine the Bill of Rights.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier I didn't say there were none just that the form of government has never existed and who even truly knows what it actually is since it has changed so much. The founding fathers would not have much in common with almost any form of government today outside of the basic foundation of the Constitution. Slave owners, standing up their own personal armies with the best weapons available. They would be mildly in disagreement to say the least.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Republicans already are undermining ing the bill of rights. They literally just expanded the patriot act.

Democrats plus Republican in White House means authoritarians are limited in their power. Though I do think trump will become more of a Democrat since he doesnt really have any convictions.

I dont really think either side has any better plans when it comes to their votes. If you look at the problems that got us here Republicans helped plenty. Nixon did tremendous damage with china trade, gold standard etc..

Bush patriot act etc...no there is zero evidence in reality Republicans support the constitution any more than Democrats. They just pick different amendments to destroy.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: luthier I didn't say there were none just that the form of government has never existed and who even truly knows what it actually is since it has changed so much. The founding fathers would not have much in common with almost any form of government today outside of the basic foundation of the Constitution. Slave owners, standing up their own personal armies with the best weapons available. They would be mildly in disagreement to say the least.

I guess you haven't read much philosophy or the founders writing.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I'm specifically voting against the DNC. One thing at a time you know.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I voted for the right to drink mead from the broken skulls of my enemies.

#VoteViking

Yeah i thought that was a rather strange ballot submission. But im sure it will pass i mean who wouldnt right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join