It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a simple question here. What are Americans voting for this time around

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It seems the game of politics is to deprive the citizen what they really want, and then the running politicians run on that, but sadly never delivers after getting elected.
To me it is just a game of "I'm here to help you", but in my days here, which are many, it seems to be "We want you to tell us want you want, elect me, I'll make them a privilege and then take that privilege away. Sucks I tell you.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Healthcare.

Keeping the ACA till something better is come up with.

I was going to vote for anyone that wanted congressional term limits and/or repealing the patriot act. But no one here in florida is even talking about those.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Survival. Group A only cares about themselves and doesn't care or perhaps isn't even aware of my existence. Group B talks candidly about the effectual elimination of my right to exist. I'll take my chances with the sociopaths in Group A while we work towards removing the radicalized elements in both groups.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Keeping the ACA till something better is come up with.

"Nothing" is better than PelosiCare

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

What are Americans voting for this time around

I would dang well hope the best candidate regardless of Donkey or Elephant .
Yet , that would be a fantasy today.
Twas a lifestyle once upon a time in a galaxy far , far away

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Not being in the TPP = done
Having border security = done / in progress
Fixing / improving nafta = done
Have a better economy = done
Preserve 2nd amendment = done
Standing against sjw madness = done / in progress
Kim stopping firing missiles and progress with NK = done / in progress
Make other countries pay for our military they use = in progress
Tax reduction on my paycheck = done

Just the points off the top of my head. Trump is the best president of my lifetime.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Simple..... They are voting for themselves, but the sooner they realise as a collective that refusing to vote for either side is the only way to take " one small step for man one giant step for mankind ", and start a fresh with a new collective party the sooner they might actually fullfill their desires.
The only way to truly be heard in such disarray is to stand as one.
Easier said than done.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Just wait for about 24 hours and you will have your answer.

All the Captain Hindsights on the t.v. will tell you.
edit on 17-05-1983 by Goedhardt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I approve this message...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

They're voting for:

Free speech
smaller Govt
less taxes
personal responsibility
more jobs
continued economic growth
Upholding the laws

They're voting against:

Authoritarianism
Victim mentality
Nanny state
Corruption
Censorship

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Mostly terrible financial decisions cleverly disguised as good ideas.

Like taking out a multi million dollar loan to fix roads.
We can't just use the tax dollars being paid in to fix them- those are being used to pay off interest on previous loans taken out for fixing roads.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Just got home and I voted to get my gun rights back in NY state and hopefully prevent this.

Shivers......
edit on 11 6 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

Mostly terrible financial decisions cleverly disguised as good ideas.

Like taking out a multi million dollar loan to fix roads.
We can't just use the tax dollars being paid in to fix them- those are being used to pay off interest on previous loans taken out for fixing roads.

Love the anology, as simple and perfect as it may be its a shame many will miss its point...

edit on 6-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
It seems the game of politics is to deprive the citizen what they really want, and then the running politicians run on that, but sadly never delivers after getting elected.
To me it is just a game of "I'm here to help you", but in my days here, which are many, it seems to be "We want you to tell us want you want, elect me, I'll make them a privilege and then take that privilege away. Sucks I tell you.

I,ll bet before reading the rest of the thread, it is to keep the other side from winning.
Voting for the lesser evil lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I'm voting for team Edward, oh wait...

Non American here but I can tell you this, the early bird gets the worm and 9 times out of 10 the candidate who takes the early lead will claim the winners trophy.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

It's just about my team beating you team.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

The non delivery of promises goes back as long as the history of government. The Greeks and Roman Empire tried a couple of methods to counter it but it failed due to systematic corruption. It got so bad at one point that the Romans I believe tried a lottery system that included the top candidates. Seemed like a good idea on paper but that also failed due to corruption.

What normally destroys a society though is when the economic hierarchy balance of class erodes. Romans for example gave too much power to the poor. They also could no longer defend their borders so an influx of poor and needy constantly demanding things created a toxic hierarchy that was unsustainable. At that point nobody cared. The people that could have fixed it were long gone or, just wanted nothing to do with it like retired military leaders to restore order.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The fate of the entire cosmos........can't wait to go see if the voting machine tries to mess up and not clear !Ike last time......
Only the lady official knew how to clear it......I was hollaring out loud about that for all to hear

edit on 6-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

What are Americans voting for this time around

Gold stars and high fives.

If you ask them what they think they're voting for though, I'm sure many would say "to save the country".

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

They're voting for:

Free speech
smaller Govt
less taxes
personal responsibility
more jobs
continued economic growth
Upholding the laws