It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China’s president vows to lower tariffs, increase imports amid tensions with US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

China’s president vows to lower tariffs, increase imports amid tensions with US

Chinese president Xi Jinping vowed to lower tariffs, broaden market access and increase imports on Monday.

Xi made the comments at a trade expo designed to demonstrate goodwill in the midst of the U.S.-China trade war, Reuters reports.

Honestly, I can't stop laughing.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

The real laughter is going to start tomorrow night.

Get ready for The Blue Wave !!!!

(of liberal tears)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Wait, wait. I was promised a trade war Loam!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Good news ! China with their one child policy basically lost two generations of workers. It is starting to show..

Their economy is not cooking like it was two years ago and America is finally wising up to the Chinese infiltration and theft/spying.

Chinese tourism has dropped off considerably around here to the consternation of the government.. IMO the Chinese people are hunkering down until this trade war is settled.. Thank you Mr. Trump

Now if we can avoid a war in the next few years over the South China Sea and claimed area by China all will be well/or certainly better for all.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Wait, wait. I was promised a trade war Loam!

'If you want your trade war, you can keep your trade war...'

We'll just need to pass a bill to see what's in it.
edit on 5-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

After over 30 years of unfair trade practices there is hope......

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I was told manufacturing would never come back to America.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
BUTT

we don't want your crappy Chinese #wares.

or all the tech you stole from american companies reskinned.

The world should boycott China.

Probably should've nuked them during Korea.

Oh well here we are.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Thank god!! Keep these threads coming. An awakening of sorts, we need to continue to apply pressure and shine the spotlight on those that seek to take advantage of the US.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
China's economy has been hurt way more than America's economy has been hurt by China's retaliation to a few tarriffs that were initially put on some Chinese imports here. Finally China has discovered they cannot win the way they are doing things.

China's buying more from America will lower the tarriffs we charge on their products. This is meant to level the playing field, the Republicans did not want to start a trade war, just force China into buying more supplies from us.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Like the 'third' Opium War?!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
They always say this. The proof will be in the pudding. Or not. But the international expo they just held shows they are atleast feeling the heat from partners around the globe. That's encouraging in itself. But everyone is basically in the "Show me" stance these days. We'll see. They'll cave eventually. Might need to feel more urgency first.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I was saying this as soon as trump did it, that it would take a year & it will start working

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Mexico folds
Then Canada
Now China ?
Next ?
It dont get no better than that.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
So once again............WINNING!

Are we sick of it yet? I know some people are (I also know some people just pretend they are to avoid the autistic reaction of their peers, they’ll actually be punching the ‘right’ ticket tomorrow because let’s face it, this winning streak is too good to just throw it all away out of hatred, fear and spite).

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Well when they have technology where they can fabricate an entire basic steel structure for a big box store like a walmart of home depot with only 5 man crew, and then pack it all up and ship it off in one ship they don't need workers.
Automation in China has taken off like wild fire since the tariffs have been put in place.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: JinMI

I was told manufacturing would never come back to America.

Trump found the magical wand.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Obama is the guy we should be thanking for all this. Right?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Our company's problem is our Procurement people are all foreign and try to send the orders to their home. We have a production startup the first week of December and they have changed vendors on us telling me that it will take 6-8 weeks to get parts. No we are going with the original vendor 15 miles away and I'll use my company credit card if I have to.

Last phone call yesterday ended in me saying OK you send me the paperwork to sign. She said she didn't need to SHE has approved my parts. NOT!!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm just curious where all the nay sayers are now...the ones who interjected in every thread when this began and said how it would hurt us so bad and they would still win...because we needed them more than they needed us or whatever other contrary point they could mentally stretch for. Any of them big enough to come back around and admit they were wrong or that Trump might actually know what he is doing when it comes to trade and economics?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join