It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't Feminism promote non-sexualization of women - dump the stilleto's & makeup?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Hmmm....

Why do men shave?

If they dont they trim their beards to style?

After shave cologne?

Styled haircuts?

Hair products including tints?

Tone their muscles at the gym?

Need I go on? ..... I beleive some even moisture now.

Lol, I clip my face every 10 days or so when it starts to itch, and haven't cut my hair for nearly a year now. I'm a scruffy builder, and have my hair in a pony tail not for fashion, just to keep it out of my face.
I gave up fashion a few years ago, it feels quite liberating to be honest.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
As I understand it, feminism is not about creating homogenous, uniformed armies of women, easily identified and judged by their footwear? It's about legal and cultural parity, freedom of expression including the right make choices other than marriage and motherhood, rights of the individual to select whatever footwear they please but most of all, the right not to be defined by men? I raised my daughters to understand only they have the right to decide who they are and what they want from life and when wearing high heels, to always carry sensible, getaway fast, shoes.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: phrugal
Haha of course I shower every day!

I just don't clip my beard until it itches, due for a trim in the next day or so, it's beginning to annoy me again.
I haven't had a wet shave for a couple of years, I only do that for funerals or weddings...or if I have to present myself to a court of law lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

But is that out-doing each other so they are the ones that receive the most attention from men, to make other women feel worse, or for what reason? Any way you look at it it seems like it is a negative trait in many ways, either "catty" or posessive or a result of low self esteem.

Self esteem breeds confidence, and who is not able to defer to and have

confidence in someone (male or female) who is confident? whether they

be sitting in front of a bank manager or at a job interview.

Nothing worse than being unprepared or caught on the hop.

So if a woman has to rely on her looks to give her self worth, isn't that the total opposite of feminism? They are objectifying themselves by wearing sadistic stilleto's, and trying to make other women look "wosrse" by gussying themselves up, so they can be the center of attention and or make other women feel bad about themselves. Seems VERY self centered, manipulative and evil IMO.

Not relying on looks, but grooming and presentation of who they are.

Sadistic stiletos
you're not a woman are you? I'm older now and

one of the things I miss most are my stilletos!! However they never defined

or objectivied me.

Making the best of oneself has nothing to do with making any one else feel

worse about themselves .......everyone has the same opportunity of being

the best they can "IF THEY WANT TO"

When I said "sadistic stilleto's" I can only go by what I've heard from other women about how they are uncomfortable, painful and that they don't wear them for comfort. Many have said that only a sadistic person could have conceived of them. So that is what I was going on, I've never had the desire to wear them, I like my ankles unbroken.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I'm reading all these comments. All the various points of view - very interesting. But what I really want to know is, "Where can I get some of this whale fat?" Maybe it won't help me but at least I can try it on the wife.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Lol, I clip my face every 10 days or so when it starts to itch, and haven't cut my hair for nearly a year now. I'm a scruffy builder, and have my hair in a pony tail not for fashion, just to keep it out of my face.
I gave up fashion a few years ago, it feels quite liberating to be honest.

Like I said in another post everyone has *the same opportunity* of being

The best they can........ "IF THEY WANT TO"

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I just don't clip my beard until it itches, due for a trim in the next day or so, it's beginning to annoy me again.
I haven't had a wet shave for a couple of years, I only do that for funerals or weddings...or if I have to present myself to a court of law lol.

So you do have standards
Just not all the time.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I absolutely think women do this even if it is JUST other women.

I’ve seen it done, and probably done it myself. It’s a bid at being at the top of the hierarchy. It’s really not complicated, if you break it down to the core.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

A case of Having 'got' him ..... you have to keep him?
a reply to: eletheia

That is true. As much as I’d like to think it is my great sense of humor that rules my husband’s passion for me😂

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

There is nothing worse than thinking you have met a really beautiful woman and...

...finding out she's a dude? Tell the truth now.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, if he feels like a woman, then he is not a he but a she, and therefore is a woman.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

No. They do it for men; and to gain power from those men. Don't fool yourself. In 2018 America, women still get more power from men than they can get by themselves. Truth; from another woman.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

So you do have standards
Just not all the time.

Lmao yes!

...wet shaving for funerals is a big part of my respect for the deceased, just glad I don't have to do it too often.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yes, that's right. I have a Labyrinth model Jennifer Connelly that I would like to restore to original factory conditions. I need a new voice module and skin tone and hair color charts for that year ...

Well, in Labyrinth, she was like 16.

Maybe more like The Rocketeer year model (the model with the big, um...rockets...yeah, that's it).

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Many have said that only a sadistic person could have conceived of them.

High heels were originally worn by men...kings, nobles and others of high status, initially for better grip of the stirrup and later for the purpose of elevating their delicate wee feet above the dirt and grime of the streets.

Modern high heels were brought to Europe by emissaries of Shāh Abbās I of Persia in the early 17th century.[7] Men wore them to imply their upper-class status; only someone who did not have to work could afford, both financially and practically, to wear such extravagant shoes. As Figure 2 depicts, royalty such as King Louis XIV wore heels to impart status. As the shoes caught on, and other members of society began donning high heels, elite members ordered their heels to be made even higher to distinguish themselves from lower classes.[8] Authorities even began regulating the length of a high heel’s point according to social rank. Klaus Carl includes these lengths in his book Shoes: “½ inch for commoners, 1 inch for the bourgeois, 1 and ½ inches for knights, 2 inches for nobles, and 2 and ½ inches for princes.”[9] As women took to appropriating this style, the heels’ width changed in another fundamental way. Men wore thick heels, while women wore skinny ones. Then, when Enlightenment ideals such as science, nature, and logic took hold of many European societies, men gradually stopped wearing heels.[8] After the French Revolution in the late 1780s, heels, femininity, and superficiality all became intertwined.[3] In this way, heels became much more associated with a woman’s supposed sense of impracticality and extravagance.

en.wikipedia.org...

The high-heel is not meant to make you more attractive to the opposite sex, it was meant to show that you were so successful you were able to hobble yourself and do nothing because others were employed to service your needs. That of course may make you more attractive to those for whom social status was more important than physical fitness but it's primary purpose was to simply show that you were rich enough not to need to walk or stand too much, ie "successful".

Once women got rid of the huge billowing frocks, I assume it was quickly noted that the effect upon posture was aethestically pleasing too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join