It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Tsunami, Blood in the Streets

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

On this issues specfifcally; borders are good, the caravan is a problem, it shouldnt be allowed in.

Who is actually talking about allowing the caravan in? I think that's a false dilemma based on a straw man and one that has been repeatedly pushed by Trump over the last couple days at rallies where he has claimed that Democrats are "inviting caravan after caravan" to come into the country.

Call that fear mongering if you want.

That's not what I'm doing. I'm calling fear mongering, fear mongering, because that's what it is. That caravan poses no threat to the United States, much less somebody living in PA. And I'm sure you've seen Scott Wagner's ad about it.

Completely irrational fear. And that's TAME compared to the # the President and other Republicans have been pushing, not least of which this garbage:

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, LUIS BRACAMONTES, KILLED OUR PEOPLE!

DEMOCRATS LET HIM INTO OUR COUNTRY

DEMOCRATS LET HIM STAY

*cut to caravan*

WHO ELSE WOULD DEMOCRATS LET IN?

Not only is obvious fear mongering, it's factually incorrect. That fake news Trump sure is the enemy of the people.

I think any objective person can see which side is fear mongering more. Heck, look at the protests and wailing after trump won for a good clue.

Nobody protested after Obama was elected? The Tea Party launched the month he was elected with dozens of coordinated protests. Let's not even get started on the 8 years of, "He's a Satanic black power Chicago thug radical Muslim Brotherhood plant Alinsky community organizer who was secretly born in Kenya and he's destroying the US because he's the Antichrist and he hates America!" Look at those 8 years of *any* right-wing media outlet, random crazy uncle's Facebook posts, ATS threads, etc.

I too think any truly objective person can see which side is fear mongering more — and it's pretty clear it's the folks who are saying that the other guys are inviting invading hordes of diseased criminals (and likely terrorists) to "kill our people!" (Remember Kate!) and rape our women (probably men too) and that half the country is a Soros-funded violent mob.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

You can't use logic and reasoning, that's cheating!

Trump is a [insert: racist, bigot, homophobe, transphobe, literally hitler]

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Apparently, a disturbingly large number of people on the Right can't see abject fear mongering when it's staring them in the face.

Sure if you ignore bathrooms,Climate is out to git us, and Gunz git up all on their own going around hurting people.

I wish I had the time back I Wasted on this thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

A class action lawsuit has been filed on behalf of migrants planning to seek asylum as they march toward the U.S. border.

That is fear mongering?

“Undocumented immigrants have constitutional rights,” Donovan said.

now people not even in our nation have "constitutional rights"
so who now is "fear mongering"?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

We have over 20 million illegal immigrants in this country. Allowing caravans of people to flaunt our laws wikll encouarage even more.

Many people on these trips, particularly women and children are abused or raped.

Stopping the incentive for these caravans to form is a big deal. The democrat allusions toopen borders make matters far worse and it is not sustainable.

Look, you can say the tea party was more fearmongering than the resist people if you want.

everyone who saw tea party protest vs the resist people know which was worse.

Just this past month we were told that kavanaugh getting appointed would result in women being like the handmaidens tale and sexual slaves of men.

The climate change hysteria and how it will kill us all continues to this day.

The idea that trump is an authoritarian facist that will destroy democracy is one of the main talking points of the Democrats.

And lets not forget those russian facebook trolls that even you yourself are oh so concerned about!

The truth is you feel the fear from the democrats is justified (they are mostly not) and so you give them a pass.

The democrats have engaged in far more fear mongering about trump in far greater numbers and at far more powerful positions than republicans ever did to Obama.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

and just to be snarky and hit home the point:

Having concerns about a caravan of thousands of people trying to get in the country that are doing things such as burning american flags is fear mongering to you.

But a few hundred thousands dollars worth of facebook ads from russian trolls is a huge concern to you that is not fear mongering.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It's so odd to me how some people become the thing they claim to hate.

I'm sure there's some science to be found in there.

edit on 6-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

But a few hundred thousands dollars worth of facebook ads from russian trolls is a huge concern to you that is not fear mongering.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Apparently mobs of leftist called antifa, destroying buildings and infrastructure and causing violence in the streets isnt considered fear-mongering either........

Its clear there is no objectivity from the OP or the ones who have come out of the woodwork after years suddenly spam posting the boards with far left ideology and drum beating against conservatives and republicans
edit on 11/6/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Apparently mobs of leftist called antifa, destroying buildings and infrastructure and causing violence in the streets isnt considered fear-mongering either........

Its clear there is no objectivity from the OP or the ones who have come out of the woodwork after years suddenly spam posting the boards with far left ideology and drum beating against conservatives and republicans

Right.

Show me the tea party people rioting.

Oh thats right, I havent seen that.

But the resist people doing just that while screaming to the sky that the country is doomed; thats not fear mongering at all!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Right.

Show me the tea party people rioting.

Oh thats right, I havent seen that.

But the resist people doing just that while screaming to the sky that the country is doomed; thats not fear mongering at all!

Indeed.........

And have you seen the places where they had their protests? They were cleaned up better than they were BEFORE they got there......

The hypocrisy anymore coming from the left is so mind numbing its not even surprising anymore

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: loam

It's been more than two years on non-stop fear mongering.

Here is a thread I did two years ago showing how the dems spread fear while claiming that it is the republicans spreading it and that must be stopped.

The playbook still hasnt changed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's like you didn't even watch the Republican convention. The whole theme was basically "America is a post-apocalyptic wasteland overrun with violent gangs because Obama hates America and hates you."

Actually, the official theme for the first evening was "Make America Safe Again" which is the must fear mongery theme imaginable — "OMG YOU'RE NOT SAFE! YOU NEED TO BE SAFE! WE CAN MAKE YOU SAFE! MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN(TM)!" (can't help but notice that two years later, the fear mongering video that even Fox News pulled ends with the same "Make America Safe Again" slogan.)

Some excerpts of the dystopian vision of America in smoldering mutant cannibal infested ruins from Trump's acceptance [url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/21/full-text-donald-trumps-prepared-remarks-accepting-the-republican-nomination/]speech[/u rl]:

Our Convention occurs at a moment of crisis for our nation. The attacks on our police, and the terrorism in our cities, threaten our very way of life. Any politician who does not grasp this danger is not fit to lead our country. Americans watching this address tonight have seen the recent images of violence in our streets and the chaos in our communities. Many have witnessed this violence personally, some have even been its victims.

Decades of progress made in bringing down crime are now being reversed by this Administration’s rollback of criminal enforcement. Homicides last year increased by 17% in America’s fifty largest cities. That’s the largest increase in 25 years. In our nation’s capital, killings have risen by 50 percent. They are up nearly 60% in nearby Baltimore.

In the President’s hometown of Chicago, more than 2,000 have been the victims of shootings this year alone. And more than 3,600 almost 4,000 have been killed in the Chicago area since he took office.

The number of police officers killed in the line of duty has risen by almost 50% compared to this point last year. Nearly 180,000 illegal immigrants with criminal records, ordered deported from our country, are tonight roaming free to threaten peaceful citizens.

The number of new illegal immigrant families who have crossed the border so far this year already exceeds the entire total from 2015. They are being released by the tens of thousands into our communities with no regard for the impact on public safety or resources. One such border-crosser was released and made his way to Nebraska. There, he ended the life of an innocent young girl named Sarah Root. She was 21-years-old, and was killed the day after graduating from college with a 4.0 Grade Point Average. Number one in her class. Her killer was then released a second time, and he is now a fugitive from the law.

I’ve met Sarah’s beautiful family. But to this administration, their amazing daughter was just one more American life that wasn’t worth protecting. No more. One more child to sacrifice on the altar of open borders.

And yet, what do we have to show for it? Our roads and bridges are falling apart, our airports are Third World condition, and forty-three million Americans are on food stamps.

America is far less safe – and the world is far less stable – than when Obama made the decision to put Hillary Clinton in charge of America’s foreign policy. Let's defeat her in November. I am certain it is a decision President Obama truly regrets.

The first task for our new Administration will be to liberate our citizens from the crime and terrorism and lawlessness that threatens their communities. America was shocked to its core when our police officers in Dallas were brutally executed. In the days after Dallas, we have seen continued threats and violence against our law enforcement officials. Law officers have been shot or killed in recent days in Georgia, Missouri, Wisconsin, Kansas, Michigan and Tennessee. On Sunday, more police were gunned down in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Three were killed, and four were badly injured.

An attack on law enforcement is an attack on all Americans.

On Monday, we heard from three parents whose children were killed by illegal immigrants Mary Ann Mendoza, Sabine Durden, and my friend Jamiel Shaw.

They are just three brave representatives of many thousands. Of all my travels in this country, nothing has affected me more deeply than the time I have spent with the mothers and fathers who have lost their children to violence spilling across our border, which we can solve. We have to solve it. These families have no special interests to represent them. There are no demonstrators to protest on their behalf.

My opponent will never meet with them, or share in their pain. Instead, my opponent wants Sanctuary Cities. But where was sanctuary for Kate Steinle? Where was sanctuary for the children of Mary Ann and Sabine and Jamiel? Where was sanctuary for all the other -- oh, it is so sad to even be talking about it because we can fix this problem so quickly -- Americans who have been so brutally murdered, and who have suffered so horribly?

I could basically just excerpt the ENTIRE speech because it's 99% fear mongering. I thought I had a thread about the word frequency in that speech but I can't find it so I'll just whip something up now. Look at the occurrences of terms.

Here's where he's harping on how unsafe everyone is in America Beyond Thunderdome: terror/terrorism/terrorist (12), violence/violent (12), killed/killer/killing (11), threat/threaten (8), crime (8), illegal (7), disaster/disastrous (6), victim (3), attack/attacks (3), danger/dangerous (3), brutal (3), suffer (3), murder (2), criminal (2), destruction (2), destroy (2), die(2), savage (2), lawlessness (2), death (1), dying (1), risk (1), overwhelm (1), gangs (1)

And promising to make all the fear go away: protect/protection/protecting (11), safe/safety (11), enforce/enforcement (7), law and order (5)

edit on 2018-11-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yes I never said in that thread, or this one, that republicans dont use fear mongering. In fact, I said the opposite.

That thread was showing how the democrats call out the republican fear mongering, and in fact used fear mongering themselves.

Case in point;

"OMG! Russian trolls posted on facebook! We need to stop this at all costs!"

And on and on.

The democrats fear monger in far greater ways, in far more silly matters, and in far more numbers at the poiwerful level, as the examples I have provided you show.

For every "there is a war on police in this country that could lead to unrest" from republicans

There is "Climate change will kill us all in the near future!" or "Kavanaugh being appointed will make women mens sex slaves!" or "Russian trolls posting on facebook have undermined our country!"

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

the only Republican President to have a "LGBT for Trump" group

I doubt any other president would have a "Trump" group.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The Democrat Convention was way worse.

They had all the Clintons and Obama on stage !!!

Fear in reality 😆

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Hmm...

What a shame you're going to lose that money.

Civil war, schmival war.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well no, that's not considered fear mongering.

Fearmongering or scaremongering is the spreading of frightening and exaggerated rumors of an impending danger or the habit or tactic of purposely and needlessly arousing public fear about an issue.

And what buildings and infrastructure have actually been "destroyed?" Are you talking about windows and trashcans? While that sort of vandalism is certainly wrong, they're a menace, etc — meanwhile, how many people have been straight up murdered by far-right groups/nuts in just the last year? 20? 30? More? How many have Antifa killed? None?

Which is the bigger threat? And it's nice that you just threw out Antifa like the entire Left is somehow responsible for them or that they represent the 99.9999% of the American Left that isn't Antifa. I bet you don't feel any similar affiliation to right-wing nuts do you?

What "far left ideology" are you talking about? There's maybe 2-3 actual far-left posters who post with any regularity and none of them spam the boards.

Let me ask you a couple honest questions since you're declaring my lack of objectivity.

I get that you don't want a caravan of anyone coming to the border. I don't want that either. And I think most people can agree that whatever portion of that caravan does arrive, that they shouldn't just waltz across the border.

That said, what actual threat do you believe the caravan poses to you, me or anyone else? Do you believe — without any proof — that the caravan is lousy with Muslim terrorists? Do you believe that they're going to spread smallpox? Do you believe that without sending thousands of troops, they'd overrun the border and a bunch of hardened criminals would gain entrance to the US and wreak havoc?

I bet because you're not a dummy, you'd want some sort of proof of claims like the one that there are likely middle eastern terrorists hiding in the caravan? That they're going to cause epidemics?

And yet, people are saying just that. In fact, our President point blank said there were a bunch of folks from the ME hiding in the caravan, insinuating that they were *gasp* terrorists.

That my friend is fear mongering. And if you can't see it for what it is, then it's not my objectivity you should be concerned with.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
it doesn't matter who we elect the real powers behind the scenes will do what they are currently doing right now while you guys fight over bull#

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Fearmongering or scaremongering is the spreading of frightening and exaggerated rumors of an impending danger or the habit or tactic of purposely and needlessly arousing public fear about an issue.

So like when the party whose candidate refused to give a concession speech and then threw a two-year tempertantrum (which may not be done) about Russia, Russia, Russia claiming Trump's presidency was illegitimate, is now back on the path of preemptively accusing Trump of contesting the election.

"Fear-mongering"

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

So like when the party whose candidate refused to give a concession speech and then threw a two-year tempertantrum (which may not be done) about Russia, Russia, Russia claiming Trump's presidency was illegitimate, is now back on the path of preemptively accusing Trump of contesting the election.

"Fear-mongering"

Those are poor examples. For instance, Biden saying that Trump will claim the election was rigged if the Democrats win big is not really fear mongering. That's not irrational or exaggerated (or particularly fear inducing) — Trump has in fact said that elections are rigged on a number of occasions (he said "rigged" 5 times in his speech in acceptance of the GOP nomination ffs). He's also claimed that millions of illegals vote in our elections.

Hasn't he? In fact, Trump's baseless claims about election rigging and millions of illegals voting are actual fear mongering.

As far as the Salon article, that could be fear mongering but I didn't read the whole thing. It could also be just a bad take. It's interesting that you say, "Russia! Russia! Russia!" as though Russian interference in the election, to benefit Donald Trump, is a made up thing. Now, arguably aspects of the Russian meddling affair could be characterized as fear mongering — like claiming that Trump is Putin's "puppet" — but the reality is that the Russians did interfere in the election and they did interfere to help Donald Trump and furthermore, his nat sec advisor did in fact promise the Russians that Trump would make the pesky sanctions, levied against Russia for that meddling, go away.

So it's not exactly irrational to have concerns about it. For that matter, while there's absolutely no evidence that millions of people fraudulently voted in the election, it's been proven that Russia meddled in our election.

So maybe you should be exclaiming, "Voter fraud! Voter fraud! Voter fraud!" dismissively?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join