It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Tsunami, Blood in the Streets

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump Derangement Syndrome taking a deeper hold 😆

The zer0Bama nicked and whittled down to a thin twig 😆

The Fear of Success and Prosperity 😆

"eye cee u"

I wasn't sure how Amy Schumer would be brought into the discussion, but here we are...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Even when leaked military documents show that the caravan isn’t a danger. Even when shown that these caravans happen all the time and the border control handles them just fine. Even when multiple former military generals call the border deployment ridiculous. Even when presented with all that information the party of the fiscal conservative refuses to admit this deployment is an absolute waste of money and time.

I’m not sure logic and reason works with conservatives any longer, they are like those fainting goats, the best way to get a response from them is to scare them.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

But damn people, substitute the caravan for the armada and America for France and the mid-term strategy of the Republicans is a narrative that's basically the plot of Le Camp des Saints

I was thinking "The March", but it's pretty much the same plot:

A group of several thousand Africans migrate westward across northern Africa and sail across the Strait of Gibraltar to Europe. Their message is: "We are poor because you are rich."

www.imdb.com...

And if the Republicans manage to keep both houses of Congress, what then? What happens if the Right embraces this as a continuing strategy? How much more will they need to ratchet it up over the next two years just to keep the base energized?

I'd be more concerned about the deployment of 5200 active-duty troopers. The cat is out of the box and with Obama in mind, I don't think that the Dixiecats are likely to roll back such a nice MIC installation anytime soon, either.
It will take more radical steps than casting votes to heed Eisenhower's warning.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

the gay agenda

Speaking of which, Trump is the first and only Republican President to have held a LGTB flag and the only Republican President to have a "LGBT for Trump" group

The only ones worried about the "gay agenda" are those who haven't been paying attention the last decade. There are a lot of gay Americans who vote Republican or Independent, and it is their right to choose their own path without being attacked by others for it

So although I may not personally understand the reason behind their choices, I don't need to. Realistically, what someone else does is their own business

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Sorry, man, but those voters have to stay in their box and vote democrat. Like the African -American population. Have to have monolithic thought. They can't choose for themselves; they need to vote D for freedom's and their right's as individuals sakes.

/irony

(Incidentally, I notice Ante is unironically all aboard the fear train for the gay agenda today after lambasting the "ffear-monger conservatives" all week)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Both sides use fear mongering. Sometimes its even justified.

Lest we forget trump and the republicans are going to cause the environment to kill us all, start ww3, lock up gay people, make women second class citizens, bring back jim crow laws to keep blacks from voting, ban all muslims, destroy the economy, push kim jong un to bomb us all, stop all immigration, and make us vassals of russians that are lurking under every bed.

Funny how the people that push all of that nonsense have the nerve to claim trump fear mongers.

On this issues specfifcally; borders are good, the caravan is a problem, it shouldnt be allowed in.

Call that fear mongering if you want.

I think any objective person can see which side is fear mongering more. Heck, look at the protests and wailing after trump won for a good clue.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's been more than two years on non-stop fear mongering.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Grambler

It's been more than two years on non-stop fear mongering.

Here is a thread I did two years ago showing how the dems spread fear while claiming that it is the republicans spreading it and that must be stopped.

The playbook still hasnt changed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Don't forget the millions dying from tax cuts, Paris accords withdrawal, and the Kavanaugh confirmation!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I don't care if the caravan is ISIS and MS13 or if they are full of professional doctors and physicists and millionaires who cant wait to share their money with us.

I dont. I really don't care. They can wait in line and apply for citizenship like everyone else. Their refugee claim is false or else they could have just applied for refugee status at the local US Consulate. They know once they get inside our borders it will be hard to get rid of them. That's why they are doing it this way, and to create a media event.

So, I'm not scared of them raping and pillaging. I just want them to obey and respect our laws.

Whats so bad about that? Why does that upset you so much?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Saying I have "TDS" a bunch of times isn't exactly arguing a point, is it?

So you don't see the very overt fear mongering that is the Trump/GOP mid-term strategy? The President debuted this video in a tweet:

How do you not see that for exactly what it is? Honestly.

So if I vote for Dems, they WONT open our borders and abolish ICE?

Criminals that traffic drugs and humans DONT rely heavily on weak borders and weak immigration laws?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Even when leaked military documents show that the caravan isn’t a danger. Even when shown that these caravans happen all the time and the border control handles them just fine. Even when multiple former military generals call the border deployment ridiculous. Even when presented with all that information the party of the fiscal conservative refuses to admit this deployment is an absolute waste of money and time.

I’m not sure logic and reason works with conservatives any longer, they are like those fainting goats, the best way to get a response from them is to scare them.

Um, I'm pretty sure we were all gonna vote for trump supporting republicans long before the caravan thing happened. This just helps drive home the point that Trump wont be able to secure our weak border if the Dems have any power to stop him at all. And yeah, criminals DO depend on our weak border and they would be stupid not to take advantage of this caravan.

We do get caravans but this one is the biggest ever. And more are already forming. We help enough already as it is. Our economy is just getting back on its feet and we have plenty of people who need help right here in America. We've helped, and continue to help, enough.

And you saw what they did at the Mexican southern border. These are not nice respectful people. And I dont even care if every single one is a saint. WE HAVE HELPED ENOUGH.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I'm really not sure where you're going with this? Trump held a flag and...? What have he and his administration actually done?

I can't even believe this is what you chose to address considering the massive freakout by Republicans over same-sex marriage, including the rise in bull# "religious liberty" laws which would be more appropriately deemed "pro-discrimination." Straight from the 2016 GOP platform:

Traditional marriage and family, based on marriage between one man and one woman, is the foundation for a free society and has for millennia been entrusted with rearing children and instilling cultural values. We condemn the Supreme Court’s ruling in United States v. Windsor, which wrongly removed the ability of Congress to define marriage policy in federal law. We also condemn the Supreme Court’s lawless ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, which in the words of the late Justice Antonin Scalia, was a “judicial Putsch” — full of “silly extravagances” — that reduced “the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Storey to the mystical aphorisms of a fortune cookie.”

and:

That same provision of law is now being used by bureaucrats — and by the current President of the United States — to impose a social and cultural revolution upon the American people by wrongly redefining sex discrimination to include sexual orientation or other categories. Their agenda has nothing to do with individual rights; it has everything to do with power. They are determined to reshape our schools — and our entire society — to fit the mold of an ideology alien to America’s history and traditions.

And I ask again, what has the Trump administration actually done? His DOJ has argued against anti-discrimination protections based on sexual orientation in multiple cases and issued new guidelines for the "protection of religious liberties," he passed a "religious liberties" EO, created the Division of Conscience and Religious Freedom in the HHS, rescinded Obama EOs regarding protections for trans people against workplace discrimination, removed questions about sexual orientation from federal population-level surveys (National Health Interview Survey, National Survey on Drug Use and Health, National Crime Victimization Survey, etc) and of course he has failed to acknowledge pride month twice.

I'd like for the Democratic party to stop being so anti-gun ownership but it is what it is. Whatever your personal beliefs may be about gay people, the reality is that the Republican party has been and continues to be hostile to LGBT rights and any flag holding half-assed virtue signaling aside, you can no more seriously claim otherwise than I can claim that the Democratic party are staunch defenders of the 2A because some Democratic politicians own firearms.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Sorry, man, but those voters have to stay in their box and vote democrat. Like the African -American population. Have to have monolithic thought. They can't choose for themselves; they need to vote D for freedom's and their right's as individuals sakes.

/irony

(Incidentally, I notice Ante is unironically all aboard the fear train for the gay agenda today after lambasting the "ffear-monger conservatives" all week)

Gay people can of course vote for whomever they wish but voting for the Republicans would seem against their own interests considering that Republicans are against their basic civil liberties and view fighting for them as an "agenda" to "reshape" society to "fit the mold of an ideology alien to America’s history and traditions."

And I was clearly being facetious.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Gay
Black
Women
Handicapped
lol
the 60's called man....they want their rhetoric back

I would have thought after 16 you would understand the gop no longer has any boundries. It is a big tent party man.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

How kind of you to determine their own best interest. This smacks of the sort of condescension that had WillTell outright telling everyone people of colour from south and central America aren't sophisticated and nuanced enough to understand their own best interest like he can.
edit on 6-11-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

How kind of you to determine their own best interest.

They still do not get it.
Perhaps some never will.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

"Identity politics". Have to turn them into single issue voters. Even better if you can declare a "war" on women/blacks/lbgtq/immigrants/islam on behalf of the other party. Never let them calm down long enough to think. Keep telling them they are "oppressed" .

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

It will ratchet up about the same as it did over the first six years of Obama (and then started to die down). It's a predictable pattern. Fear mongering is everywhere--hell, your OP is fear mongering about 'what might be if.'

You act like the majority of "the right" are extremists, and that is your fallacy.

edit on 6-11-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Man I use to have a lot of respect for you...........

But it seems the TDS has gotten even to you.........

You use to have well thought out and balanced posts.......you use to be able to argue points back and forth, concede when you might be wrong, and debate actual facts.......

Now youve gone full on TDS man...........

You know as well as I do I have been no Trump Cheerleader........but good christ youve abandoned all reason and middle ground.......

Sad to see, truly sad to see, I was hoping I could still keep some in the middle with me, but every thing you post is some hitpiece on either Trump or people that support him.........and not all of them are bad, but your brush is broad, and your stroke is vitriolic.......

Couldnt agree more. Its sad.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join