It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Tsunami, Blood in the Streets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
I know if the grid went down tomorrow you would be begging for those red blooded republicans to take care of you after you realized that we are the ones with all the guns and the know how and the balls to stand up to oppression. You know that statistically you are more likely to get killed by your own government than by anyone else? But noooo, I want more government!

Yea, you've got the wrong liberal. I'm not anti-gun and I can fend for myself. Also, how aren't Trump and the Republicans the government? Trump is the President and his party currently controls Congress. They've also just restacked SCOTUS, probably for a generation.

Do you want to wager what percentage of military commanders are reliable Republican voters? How about federal law enforcement? How about law enforcement in general?

Meanwhile, the party of "law & order" (literally what every authoritarian regime frames itself as) is trying to manufacture fear in its base. Do you think that would make their base more or less likely to accept things ranging from denial of civil rights on up to the death of people associated with the opposition?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: ker2010

LOL and you have the nerve to talk about fear mongering. What a joke.

I didn't say that fear mongering was rare or confined to Trump and the Republicans. But ya know, Trump fear mongers about all that stuff too:

Reflected back at ya:

Talks of secure borders and preventing illegal immigration at one time wasn't rare or confined to Trump and the Republicans. But ya know, Democrats "USED TO" fear monger about illegal immigration too.

edit on 6-11-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Sounds like a tampon advert.

Yeah but completely different pictures.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

a reply to: ker2010

LOL and you have the nerve to talk about fear mongering. What a joke.

I didn't say that fear mongering was rare or confined to Trump and the Republicans. But ya know, Trump fear mongers about all that stuff too:

Reflected back at ya:

Talks of secure borders and preventing illegal immigration at one time wasn't rare or confined to Trump and the Republicans. But ya know, Democrats "USED TO" fear monger about illegal immigration too.

No leftist will EVER watch those videos. Cognitive dissonance is too important to them.
edit on Tue Nov 6 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: no need to repost all those vids...... Quote Crash Course

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Saying I have "TDS" a bunch of times isn't exactly arguing a point, is it?

So you don't see the very overt fear mongering that is the Trump/GOP mid-term strategy? The President debuted this video in a tweet:

How do you not see that for exactly what it is? Honestly.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: theantediluvian

Here's a study published by The Journal of American College Health
"One out of four students met criteria for clinically significant symptoms related to the election... The high level of event-related distress is concerning because elevated symptoms of event-related stress are predictive of future distress and subsequent PTSD diagnoses."

Data from that study indicates campus Dems have more than twice the IES (impact of event score) than campus Republicans, scoring over 26 on average.

Sad.

What new "fear-mongering" can we expect from the Party of Fear?

I can only speculate at what you think that proves about anything. I'd hardly consider college students typical of anything but... well, college students. And this:

Data from that study indicates campus Dems have more than twice the IES (impact of event score) than campus Republicans, scoring over 26 on average.

Uhh.. the Republican won and they Republicans control both houses of Congress... I'm shocked that even half as many Republicans reported being distressed.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

The economy wasn't doing poorly before Trump and unemployment was literally a point lower.

You want to source that , or go on living in your own little fantasy world ?
The choice is yours.

Which part? It's pretty easy to look up the unemployment rates. Here you go. Let me know if there's anything else I can Google for you!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Saying I have "TDS" a bunch of times isn't exactly arguing a point, is it?

No , but as Grandma used to say "if the shoe fits , wear it"

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

The economy wasn't doing poorly before Trump and unemployment was literally a point lower.

You want to source that , or go on living in your own little fantasy world ?
The choice is yours.

Which part? It's pretty easy to look up the unemployment rates. Here you go. Let me know if there's anything else I can Google for you!

You do know that during the Obama administration a certain key factor was removed from those numbers , correct ?
The folks that fell out of the workforce pool and the ones that gave up trying ? The latter mostly retired early.
Of course you didnt....
I cannot and will not fault Barry for that as they were victims of that time. And the "omission" of that demographic was a ploy . Yet the regulations placed on business after the great stock market crash did nothing to instill confidence in the larger hiring corps .Also , you had a large influx of H1B visa workers being reported as US employees hired , skewing the numbers.
Now those same companies have a greater confidence and are doing more hiring and the numbers of individuals that were being dropped out of the workforce are decreasing exponentially . Thus the continuation of the drop.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

And if the Republicans manage to keep both houses of Congress, what then? What happens if the Right embraces this as a continuing strategy? How much more will they need to ratchet it up over the next two years just to keep the base energized?

I think this is the question you better ask the democrats. They are the ones that have been foaming at the mouth with hate for the last two years.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

This was a lot of reading for you to say you are an anti-isolationist. Why are you against America moving away from globalists?

Why do you think that "the globalists" are an external threat to the US? Are foreign companies exploiting us for our cheap labor? Raping our resources and destroying our land? Buying us with loans we can't repay so they can meddle in our domestic politics? Overthrowing our government to install a puppet regime?

We invented globalism.

That's a pretty important question, it's a shame it's ignored.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I am not afraid of the caravan, I just don’t want them in the goddamn country illegally.
Get in line and apply for citizenship.

Why do you think they're going to get into the country illegally or are even going to attempt to? Because it's been characterized repeatedly as an "invasion?"

You remember all the hooplah about the caravan in April that was organized by the same guy? That caravan was about as quarter as large as this one and by the time it reached the border, it had shrunk to less than a third of what it had been. I think 400 or so people applied for asylum and according to Shep Smith, there were 14 arrests.

There's no need to deploy the military to the border. It's clearly a stunt and Trump's all blabbering about shooting asylum seekers and the like to convince the slow-witted that he's somehow solving this manufactured crisis. Trump has talked of deploying up to 15,000 troops — twice what we have in Afghanistan — to do deal with what he's characterized as an "invasion."

Meanwhile, Gen. Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, just said:

"There is no plan for U.S. military forces to be involved in the actual mission of denying people entry to the United States," Gen. Joseph Dunford said, according to ABC News.

"There is no plan for the soldiers to come in with immigrants or to reinforce the Department of Homeland Security as they are conducting their mission," he continued. "We are providing enabling capability."

I honestly wish the military wasn't at the border so you and all the other folks who have zero vision could learn a bit about reality. But with them there, this will be orderly and we will be able to deal with thousands of hungry, tired immigrants who want to all come across the border at the same time. All the footage of them breaking down gates on their passage must have been fake. Derp.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
What a waste of time.

Wish I had more to add but the TDS is too strong in this OP.
edit on 6/11/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: RazorV66

I am not afraid of the caravan, I just don’t want them in the goddamn country illegally.
Get in line and apply for citizenship.

Why do you think they're going to get into the country illegally or are even going to attempt to? Because it's been characterized repeatedly as an "invasion?"

You remember all the hooplah about the caravan in April that was organized by the same guy? That caravan was about as quarter as large as this one and by the time it reached the border, it had shrunk to less than a third of what it had been. I think 400 or so people applied for asylum and according to Shep Smith, there were 14 arrests.

There's no need to deploy the military to the border. It's clearly a stunt and Trump's all blabbering about shooting asylum seekers and the like to convince the slow-witted that he's somehow solving this manufactured crisis. Trump has talked of deploying up to 15,000 troops — twice what we have in Afghanistan — to do deal with what he's characterized as an "invasion."

Meanwhile, Gen. Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, just said:

"There is no plan for U.S. military forces to be involved in the actual mission of denying people entry to the United States," Gen. Joseph Dunford said, according to ABC News.

"There is no plan for the soldiers to come in with immigrants or to reinforce the Department of Homeland Security as they are conducting their mission," he continued. "We are providing enabling capability."

I honestly wish the military wasn't at the border so you and all the other folks who have zero vision could learn a bit about reality. But with them there, this will be orderly and we will be able to deal with thousands of hungry, tired immigrants who want to all come across the border at the same time. All the footage of them breaking down gates on their passage must have been fake. Derp.

You really need to make up your mind on who is the biggest threat to your lifestyle, amazing that all those other other undesirables confine themselves to those horrible parts of the U. S. A.. Right...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
What a waste of time.

Wish I had more to add but the TDS is too strong in this OP.

I know, right? The left (liberal) posters here have been publicly suffering their TDS since November 2016 when their queen bee failed to rise to her coronation. With them all concentrated in one thread like this, symptoms manifesting so visibly, one can’t help but wonder if a cure can ever be discovered before it’s too late for them. Maybe Trump 2020 will snap them out of it...since it seems that’s where they’re trying to drive the US.

Can’t even muster a reply to the OP since it’s a steaming pile of hyperbole, straw man arguments, poor debate tactics and horse# all rolled into one. But I guess if it helps one person feel relevant, it’s okay. Maybe it will help diffuse the next mob called forth by the Democratic party leaders!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Well, there were plenty of other statistics that didn't involve college students. I know you read the thread because you gave some long meandering reply to it about republicans hating brown people.

Isn't it odd that the party accusing other people of fear mongering have over 25% of respondents with "clinically significant symptoms" related to the election? There are literally "adult" humans suffering from PTSD because they lost.

The party of "millions of people will die if: we withdraw from the Paris accords, pass tax cuts, confirm (oops, we were in such a hurry to send our preprepaded fundraising email that we forgot to fill in the blank) as Supreme Court Justice" is now lecturing people on " fear -mongering" because they want a vetter immigration system. The party of safe spaces and election-PTSD is not the fear-monger-- it's the other guy. My Alinsky-meter is pegged all the way to hysterical.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
So Trump bad?

We should vote democrats because for the last 2 years they've had substance, idea's, positions, actions and honesty in their words?

what a load of crap!

I hope the democrats are obliterated at the ballot box and all the snowflakes finally melt into a moldy, cruddy, blue puddle

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

So am I supposed to be fearful of the right after reading this OP?

I hope deep down the irony isn't lost on you; you seem like an otherwise intelligent person.
edit on 6-11-2018 by DanDanDat because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Question.

How has your life been negatively changed by Trump in the last 2 years?

See? That's the problem and what the Trump sycophants just can't seem to get. It isn't about the 'right now'. It's about the longer term impacts of what Trump et al are doing. He could get the Treasury to send everyone a $10,000 check. Things would be awesome, right? If anyone bothered to plot a predictive curve on the jobs data they would see that this trend has been happening since after the recovery. Nothing new or 'Trump' about it. But that doesn't fit the narrative. All this rainbows and butterflies is going to come back to bite us on the ass in a few years. That's the problem. There are consequences for actions. The problem is, Trump doesn't care. Why should he? He's got plenty stashed away to keep him and his warm and happy while the economy unspools and the rest of us get f'd.

Your kid would be happy as could be if you let them eat candy all day every day. And they'd think you were the best parent in the world. But there would be dire consequences. And as a parent, you have a responsibility to think long-term. Even if your kids may get pissed.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

This was a lot of reading for you to say you are an anti-isolationist. Why are you against America moving away from globalists?

Why do you think that "the globalists" are an external threat to the US? Are foreign companies exploiting us for our cheap labor? Raping our resources and destroying our land? Buying us with loans we can't repay so they can meddle in our domestic politics? Overthrowing our government to install a puppet regime?

We invented globalism.

Sounds like we need to put more focus on domestic issues and isolate ourselves a little.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join