It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2018 Midterms

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My candidate sucked.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well, that's because they all do. It's kinda their default setting.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Could be because it was 7am but the place was pretty desolate compared to past elections.

The deed is done, as they say.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Could be because it was 7am but the place was pretty desolate compared to past elections.

The deed is done, as they say.

I know where all the voters are -- apparently they're all at my polling place.

We were there to get it done at 7 sharp, and while getting in and out wasn't a problem, the line outside was getting looong when we left. Going off the amount of people, it was reminiscent of the line for '16, except the line didn't start quite as early this time. Maybe an hour's difference in amount of people showing up & when. I think all the 3rd/graveyard shifters decided to eat first before risking a long line, lol, learned from '16.

I feel real sorry for the folks waiting until afternoon/evening, I bet a serious box of donuts it's going to be a lengthy wait for them.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Weird.

Perhaps it picks up later over here.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I'm not voting. I'm joining a left-wing mob and traveling to Central America so I can lead caravan after caravan to the border thereby hastening white genocide (and increasing Bentley sales).

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Weird.

Perhaps it picks up later over here.

Probably. When you think about it, outside of a presidential election, who WANTS to get up a the asscrack of dawn to vote when they have to be at work at 8? Or 2? Only the nutter overnight folk have enough energy to burn for that

I was reading on couple news sites' Fakebook pages (quiet, you! It's just lurker voyeurism) comments from people complaining about long lines/waits already, and < dun, dun duuuun > machines going down. It's not voting day if some polling station somewhere doesn't go FUBAR bright & early.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, I did it.

First time voting in 16 years of eligibility.

I feel dirty and ashamed, putting it into the box. They say it gets easier??

Really though, I played my own little game of “just the tip”... only voted on the 3 (Michigan) proposals. (Yes, no, no.)

They say it’s best to ease into these sort of Things, as to not cause any permanent damage. And I prefer to keep things a little less personal... if I went all the way I might be stuck with these people for 4 years or more!

In the end, my shame will wash away with enough beer and soon to be (hopefully) legalized medicines..and ill know that I did my part to keep government minimal, and maybe keep someone from Going to jail for the possession of the wrong kinda of flower.

Thanks for listening.

edit on 6-11-2018 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
8 pm here in Mich.

Polls is a closin'!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

8 pm here in Mich.

Polls is a closin'!

< grabs big bowl of popcorn & a couple pops, and plunks down next to Jin & fam >

I'm pretty certain Prop 1's going to pass, but it's still a nail-biter. The other two, I dunno. It seems pretty split down the middle on support for/against them.

Edit: Holy crap, I just typed pop instead of soda or Coke without even thinking about it. I'm northernized! O.O
edit on 11/6/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Was just discussing with wife and friends that I'm about 85% sure that prop 1 will pass, equally as likely prop 2 even though I did not vote for it. Voted for Libertarian/Green quite a bit as well.

Holy crap, I just typed pop instead of soda or Coke without even thinking about it. I'm northernized! O.O

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Is it blame time yet? The Republicans are going to lose the House but the Democrats will most likely not take over the Senate.

Who's fault is all of this?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yours...for tossing in with that Aussie witch!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You know hot chicks can make you do dumb s*** so I guess that's a fair comment.

But I still want to lick some salty two-party tears.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I'm prone to very unladylike snorts of amusement once in a while, but that pic prompted a doozy of a snort XD

Now all I need to do is remember how to pronounce pasty correctly. I get looks up here for that one.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You know hot chicks can make you do dumb s*** so I guess that's a fair comment.

There's that unique ability to know the context behind the noun!

I think you'll get your fill for at least 2 years.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It only gets worse the further north you go.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I think you'll get your fill for at least 2 years.

I have my 24kt gold sippy straw, I'm ready.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Do Mason's get like a cool merit badge for that sort of thing?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hey fellow Michiganders!
I was #787. Like I said in another thread, more people in my township than I thought! Also as I stated in another, at my new job today, Prop 1 was topic of conversation. I Kept silent, until I heard their views, and was shocked! Almost everyone was voting for it, in a group that I didn't think would be!

Except surprising a young person.

I really, really hope it passes!

Didn't know jack about the BOT people for MSU though, so had a little fun with those.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join