It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A pre Election Proclamation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I prefer conservative politics. I I would very much prefer REAL conservative politics, where spending was minimal, government was minimal, and states did most of their own decision making. But overall, I fully understand that change happens, and sometimes, it's not the change I wanted. I get by. But the current climate is that of war. And anyone who has ever studied war, knows that it's the ignorance and hubris of both sides that causes loss of life and all the other wonderful aspects of war.

I didn't come looking for the war. I would much rather not fight at all. But if I'm forced to fight, then I'm in it to win it. I think that is the prevailing theme with the right in this situation. We won, we don't have anything left to prove at this point, but if there is going to be nothing but opposition, then there will be fights and there will be a war, that continues on. Want peace? stop fighting. We have a system in place that every two years, things can change drastically, if the country wants that change. Two years from now, there will be an opportunity for the left to pull out a win, if they realize why they keep loosing and change the tune a bit. Keep playing the same song, and well, if you expect to hear different notes this time, you are not using that wonderful education we slow ones hear so much about.

If things work out that we have a democratic house and Pelosi gets her power as she wants, then you will have earned exactly what you get. If not, then you have two years to reflect on the past and see if smug arrogance is really the winning attitude. Remember, we would rather not fight, but we will, and we aren't going to make it easy. Choose wisely, and may your wildest dreams be safe, and come true.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Couldn't have said it better myself.
I'm not one for starting a fight.
I have no qualms finishing one though.
Let's hope cooler heads prevail on all sides and we can go back to being sane again.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
But the current climate is that of war.

I think after tomorrow, it will only get worse. I really hope I'm wrong, but don't think I am.

We're in blood feud territory now.

If the right wins, the left will take it as confirmation the country is filled with racists. They will lose their minds.

If the left wins, they will make things so miserable for the right, we are bound to see a similar reaction from many of them.

God help us all.
edit on 5-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

But the current climate is that of war.

I think after tomorrow, it will only get worse. I really hope I'm wrong, but don't think I am.

We're in blood fired feud territory now.

If the right wins, the left will take it as confirmation the country is filled with racists. They will lose their minds.

If the left wins, they will make things so miserable for the right, we are bound to see a similar reaction from many of them.

God help us all.

Well, if the left takes the house it will be Pelosi and two years of subpoenas to anyone that doesn't have a D behind thier name.

Which will essentially give Trump his 2020 run.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I don’t want to fight either, but the Left puts me into self-defense mode. Just leave me and mine alone and I will quietly live my life, but that is not the way the Left works. They are in your face, my way or the highway thugs that scream and throw tantrums to get what they want.

I can’t wait to vote tomorrow.

edit on 2018/11/5 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

. If not, then you have two years to reflect on the past and see if smug arrogance is really the winning attitude.

And this thread is neither smug nor arrogant? However you make good points. Opposition has taken a whole new meaning, politics should follow the political paradigms and process.

This circus show is getting tiresome.

Let trump the president, do his job. If he's doing a bad job, get rid of him the old fashion way. Despise trump, the man, all you want though ; but at least give him a chance to fail. (even though cult45 will be there win or lose)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Regardless of what happens, this political dumpster fire has been truly awesome to watch.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

But I ain't asking nobody for nuthin'
If I can't get it on my own
If you don't like the way I'm livin'
You can (better) just leave this long haired country boy alone

CDB - Country Boy
Bold is my word

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I prefer conservative politics. I I would very much prefer REAL conservative politics, where spending was minimal, government was minimal, and states did most of their own decision making. But overall, I fully understand that change happens, and sometimes, it's not the change I wanted. I get by. But the current climate is that of war. And anyone who has ever studied war, knows that it's the ignorance and hubris of both sides that causes loss of life and all the other wonderful aspects of war.

I didn't come looking for the war. I would much rather not fight at all. But if I'm forced to fight, then I'm in it to win it. I think that is the prevailing theme with the right in this situation. We won, we don't have anything left to prove at this point, but if there is going to be nothing but opposition, then there will be fights and there will be a war, that continues on. Want peace? stop fighting. We have a system in place that every two years, things can change drastically, if the country wants that change. Two years from now, there will be an opportunity for the left to pull out a win, if they realize why they keep loosing and change the tune a bit. Keep playing the same song, and well, if you expect to hear different notes this time, you are not using that wonderful education we slow ones hear so much about.

If things work out that we have a democratic house and Pelosi gets her power as she wants, then you will have earned exactly what you get. If not, then you have two years to reflect on the past and see if smug arrogance is really the winning attitude. Remember, we would rather not fight, but we will, and we aren't going to make it easy. Choose wisely, and may your wildest dreams be safe, and come true.

You and feel the same.

Here is what i want to do...due to other things we have shared, you and I live close by. I want to set up a thing on Earth Day this April....take a republican volunteer, pair them with a dem, and have them clean a city block....and i want 100s of volunteers.

The whole point being, yes, we have our differences...but those are our ideal solution to the same problem we both have.

Once each side realizes we want the same things in life...a better life for our kids, a safer community, etc....we may actually have a chance to MAGA. I do believe Trump is doing a good job, but when we as a people unite for the same purpose, there is no stopping us.
edit on 5-11-2018 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Americans are not going to vote for rolling back progress.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

It seems like you may be confused. Rhetoric is not conservative it's just talk.

Technically Democrats raising taxes to pay for their horrible ideas and terrible failures is more conservative than Republicans not raising taxes to pay for their terrible ideas and failures.

Literally conservative states refuse to pay their own budgets and make fun of liberals whose cities and industry does pay for their own and even some extra. California doesnt take federal money they give the feds money. Alabama requires money.

Nobody really cares about reality though they just care about the rhetoric which doesnt mean anything at all in reality.

Who just voted to expand FISA and the patriot act Republicans....

How's that healthcare bill looking?

The debt?

Nah the best strategy is just to vote out any incomabant and send a message to politicians that they all suck and next time there better be some real options.

Empaths need real liberals and conservatives need actual fiscal policy and 10th amendment strengthening.

The problem with war is usually the soldiers are being brainwashed with disinformation.

Politics is the worst version of that.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

not sure what your point is, but, our weapon seems to be a pen and a vote. it's you guys that have the militias, guns, bombs, and angry mobs! and, look who's talking about war and making half of the population your enemies in your own delusional minds!! I almost perceive a threat in all your rambling. hope I am wrong but regardless, we will use our weapons of choice, a pen and a vote!! tread carefully and use wisdom in the decisions you make!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Which side ramped upthe rhetoric to the point that all illegal immigrants are now criminals? Who said there were good people on both sides when one side was white supremiscists? Who is attempting to paint a migrant caravan that is just like the hundreds that came before it as an invasion?

You are being disingenuous trying to act like you have been forced to fight. Trump is pushing this country toward a cliff just to feed his ego.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

allow me to point out that your position makes you a target after the eventual but successful coup by the Liberal/Radical core within the Democrat Party....

history before it happens tells us that the Globalists do indeed take over for a decade of chaos becomes the new-Normal... we are only taking part in a 2:00 warning time-out respite right now with the Populist President #45, Trump

see:

res·pite

NOUN
a short period of rest or relief from something difficult or unpleasant.
"the refugee encampments will provide some respite from the suffering"

dawnstar,
here's a related article (op-ed) I wish to share with your & others here on ATS: www.thecommonsenseshow.com... ocratic-takeover-will-result-in-a-designed-economic-collapse

edit on th30154151395606192018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th30154151472106322018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
Which side ramped upthe rhetoric to the point that all illegal immigrants are now criminals? Who said there were good people on both sides when one side was white supremiscists? Who is attempting to paint a migrant caravan that is just like the hundreds that came before it as an invasion?

You are being disingenuous trying to act like you have been forced to fight. Trump is pushing this country toward a cliff just to feed his ego.

Um, did you really just ask about all illegal immigrants being criminals? Seriously?

ILLEGAL immigrants. They all break US laws by not entering legally.

The question of whether they committed crimes in their own countries before coming here is an entirely different matter.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Um, did you really just ask about all illegal immigrants being criminals? Seriously?

ILLEGAL immigrants. They all break US laws by not entering legally.

The question of whether they committed crimes in their own countries before coming here is an entirely different matter.

Uh, last time I checked Arizona and Texas have loads of working illegals.

I wonder where the Republicans who controlled the states have been for the last 35 years? I guess taking bribes from the employers.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I really don't see just how a republican controlled gov't would prevent it from happening anyways?
of course, I think we are way past the point where it could have been prevented? you know, when the housing bust occurred, before obama was in office, I went a few months with these words running through my head almost constantly..
"They just blew our economy. I can't believe they blew our economy." our economy was put on life support then and everything that obama did, what trump could conceivably try, is only reinforcing an illusion that our money is actually worth something in the eyes of the world. both dem policies and republican policies played a part in bringing us to that point, and to be frank, it was the two playing their separate roles that managed to allow the illusion to hide the upcoming disaster. there was no grand design involved in the collapse. each side may have thought they had a grand design, but in reality, the interplay between the two created a monster that neither could control. The economy is gone, what we have no is the rich arguing and bickering as the peck away at the remaining meat of it's bones!!
and no, I am not the target, I am quite used to not having my basic needs met, going a day or two without eating, being sick and not getting healthcare I need, and taking note of what is growing around me that might not be the most pleasant of food, but is edible and nutritional regardless. The ones who will be hurting the worse are the ones who have been the most pampered, who have grown so used to their cooks and maids that they wouldn't know how to wash their clothes or cook their own food even in today's world. they have so much farther to fall than I do when the patient is finally given up on and allowed to breath it's last breath and their imaginary wealth evaporates, their loans are called in, and they find that they owe far more than they own!

they should be glad that I lean dem, that unlike them who have gone their lives believing we peasants were beneath them and only good for exploitation I see them as an equal, more than equal really, just another part of the grand whole. Who knows, I might even have the opportunity of helping them out.
unless of course, they have this wild idea that their fall was just an evil plan devised by those evil libs like me...
then well, they'll probably kill me for the nothing that I own!! in which case, I will probably dye laughing my arse off at them!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
technically, the people in the caravan aren't illegal immigrants till they cross the border. they are probably still around 1000 miles from our border and are being called criminals, care to explain that?
and they can legally come to our border and ask for asylum..

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

you make no sense but thats ok we're used to it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join