It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What An Awful Country To Live In.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: DJMSN

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: DJMSN

Election campaigns In The U.K. don't turn into racists bigoted arguments.

Come over here and try it some time. You maybe surprised.

I have enjoyed the country side across the pond and found it delightful. I would never judge the entire country on the few people I met. My brother married a lovely English woman whom still has immediate family living in London proper. Of course, I might, if predisposed to bigotry like some, make rash judgements based on what I see. Here is a picture of the House of Commons.

Don't let all that diversity hurt your eyes, as it's awfully bland and lacking diversity. Of course, if I was prone to bigotry and hypocrisy like others, I might draw a conclusion based on a picture like this to say, boy what an awful country to live in as they don't allow people of color to even participate. But since i don't over generalize and make absurd statements, i wont.

That photograph is not The House Of Commons. It's in fact Westminster Hall ( Built 1097 )

www.parliament.uk...

This is The House Of Commons.

Many black and asian faces on show. If you look

It is a picture of the Members of Parliament. Part of the government. Not many from the LGBTQ community allowed to particpate if they can't get votes. And old white men wearing wings don't count. What about members of the Muslim community ? Are they represented ? Maybe we could arrange an interview with famous son Tommy Robinson ? I am sure he represents the majority opinion in the old country right , find the same picture here at the official I believe

www.parliament.uk...
edit on 11/5/2018 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

And 2 women of color sitting on the floor, have you no shame?
edit on 11/5/2018 by TheLead because: Pc

edit on 11/5/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Has The U.S. gone full retard ?

Maybe not the ÜS, as such, but ATS most certainly

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
What is with all the British trolls coming out of the woodwork and trying to influence our elections?

I call for an investigation into the Republican party!!!

I have firm suspicions Republicans have hired smug British arses to upset American Conservatives and drive them to vote Republican to ensure our country doesn't become the UK.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Don't vote in ND or you will lose your hunting license.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You condemn an entire country because some idiots make robocalls you don't like? So why not leave? Oh, wait! Cher and Amy didn't leave--and neither will you.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: JBurns

I'd think they'd be in violation of more than a few FCC regulations concerning broadcast of hate speech...

All the more reason to think this is not affiliated with either campaign and the work of some random group on its own for some reason or other.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The US has vampires too.

They are skeery.

So yeah, the US is awful.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The US has vampires too.

They are skeery.

So yeah, the US is awful.

You can also catch typhus and hep A if you go to the wrong places. Bad, bad place the US.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Not really sure why anyone would vote for Abrams to run a state anyway. She can't even run her own finances right.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

See!

Nothing bad ever happens outside of the US.

We are the Awful Country.

On maps in England (I know this because I once ate a scone) they show the US as, "Thine Awful Place of Awfulness".

In that curly-cue writing they used to do.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

It is FLORI-DUH for a real great reason.. I can't type about Georgia but I did have a fantastic time at TheMasters™ in 2005 and ate Pimento Cheese Sandwiches

We have received numerous "DONALD J.TRUMP" calls yelling in the phone and then a female voice (another bothering call) telling Us that this is the MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION EVER..

Then some Southern male voice (another call) telling Me that I need to get out there and Vote or who else will protect Israel™. I don't WANT to support Israel™ not one bit.

Back for the 2016 Presidential Erection (Biggest DICK won) one of those TURDS called at 06:42 hrs. the day before polls opened. I quit the Republican Party at 06:43 hrs. so they're calling the War Dept.

I type that either the Politicians™ give Us the same Health plan they have

Or

Take the exempt they wrote themselves for the "Do Not Call List"

One or the other....

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

My husband keeps getting texts from other states from someone who claims to be from the ACLU. They are sent to someone who only shares the first letter of his first name and always asking him to support a full Democrat slate.

If he did what they asked, he'd be arrested for voter fraud.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

You seem to be ignoring everything I've said.

Yes, that is plain stupid....and without looking into it further - which I really can't be arsed to at the moment - that's about all I can say on the matter.

And as I said before; I could quite easily trawl the internet and post links to similar instances in the USA.
You know that, I know that and nearly every single person here on ATS knows that.

Its not representative of how things are here in the UK but despite testimony from someone who actually lives here you still seem to think you know what is really going on here more than I do.
Ok, if you need to believe that for whatever reason then fair enough, believe what you will because no amount of evidence will alter your closed mind.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Someone was arrested for this??

I confronted a Muslim woman yesterday in Croydon. I asked her to explain Brussels. She said 'Nothing to do with me'. A mealy mouthed reply.

What kind of kangaroo state are they running over there? You'd think the British people would have abolished their repressive government by now.

...and they wonder why us Americans aren't willing to part with firearms. At least that is part of the reason.
edit on 11/5/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
So I was concerned for my country after this OP ... that was some pretty scary stuff.

But than I remember that what you hear on social media is likely not what is happening in reality.

Instead I walked around my block; talked to my neighbors (good mix of immigrants, religions and races); and what I discovered is that there's not as much hate out there as social media would suggest. No one wanted to fight me, no one wanted to argue, they all hand a smile on their face to see me ...

... I think the Awfulness of the Country is greatly exaggerate. I'm really glad I took the time to get offline and found this out; its not a good feeling living in fear of the "others".

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

It isn't, but folks have the right to want their country and their culture to remain their country and their culture.

When immigrants assimilate into the existing nation's culture, great. When they expect an existing nation to alter itself to accommodate their culture and their preferences, not acceptable. Muslim refugees in France, for example actually demanded a public school provide specific food to accommodate their religious preferences. I'm not talking about a parent packing a lunch, I'm talking about a parent demanding a school serve a specific food to accommodate their religion. You can bet I'd have immediately, promptly and un-apologetically told him/her where the nearest restroom was so they could cram their ridiculous and absurd request where the sun doesn't shine.

In America, for example, those who don't want to assimilate into our culture and become Americans have no place here. They aren't wanted or needed, nor will they benefit this great nation in any way. They are excluded, obviously. However, those who want to become Americans and build a life based on American values are always welcome and encouraged to come here

Fortunately for us, the vast majority of immigrants (in sane areas of the country, anyhow) integrate fully into American society within 1 (maybe 2) generations, and the success they achieve for their families tend to make them loyal red blooded Americans. Many first generation immigrants also see immediate benefits when they become Americans, and those folks also tend to be extremely loyal and patriotic Americans. It has nothing to do with race or religion, and everything to do with cultural identity.

A diverse nation is a great thing. People from all sorts of backgrounds, ethnicity, races, sexes, religions, and upbringings all come together to form a more perfect union. A country as vast as ours wouldn't be likely to survive as a monolith - I agree diversity is a beneficial thing. Multi-culturalism, however, is a detrimental and nation destroying concept. Failure to have one cohesive culture (that is, one cohesive national identity) erases the one thing that brought this diverse arrangement of people in the first place: the idea that we are all Americans first, and members of [arbitrary group] second. A nation cannot survive without a cohesive and integrated culture
edit on 11/5/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

You seem to be ignoring everything I've said.

Yes, that is plain stupid....and without looking into it further - which I really can't be arsed to at the moment - that's about all I can say on the matter.

And as I said before; I could quite easily trawl the internet and post links to similar instances in the USA.
You know that, I know that and nearly every single person here on ATS knows that.

Its not representative of how things are here in the UK but despite testimony from someone who actually lives here you still seem to think you know what is really going on here more than I do.
Ok, if you need to believe that for whatever reason then fair enough, believe what you will because no amount of evidence will alter your closed mind.

I read all of what you wrote, and I'll take hard evidence over your anecdotal evidence any day.

No, there are no similar instances in the USA, not unless someone has been threatened with violence.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Someone was arrested for this??

I confronted a Muslim woman yesterday in Croydon. I asked her to explain Brussels. She said 'Nothing to do with me'. A mealy mouthed reply.

What kind of kangaroo state are they running over there? You'd think the British people would have abolished their repressive government by now.

...and they wonder why us Americans aren't willing to part with firearms. At least that is part of the reason.

Man arrested after 'mealy mouthed' Brussels tweet

He was " arrested on suspicion of inciting racial hatred after allegedly posting a tweet in response to the Brussels attacks."

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Was the Queen elected by popular or electoral vote?

Oh yeah, neither....

We think you politics is ridiculous, you think same of ours.

Thankfully it doesn't matter what you think since we took our own path in 1776.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join