It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What An Awful Country To Live In.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

So using racists overtones is part of everyday American Politics ?

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: alldaylong

We're an awful country full of awful people.

And we smell bad and we drive on the wrong side of the road.

And our butts stink.

Like poo.

What about our teeth??

I'm ascared of dentists. But we do have better teeth because we don't eat jellied eels.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Also just fyi, We Americans love to make fun of our own problems
and it's similar to siblings fighting all the time,
but the moment someone outside the family says something, we don't take too kindly with that.

I'm sure the UK has plenty of it's own problems for you to ponder.

link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Krakatoa

So using racists overtones is part of everyday American Politics ?

Interesting.

No, that is not what I said now is it? I said they are free to make those racist statements. I don;t agree with them, and never will. But, I will defend their right to say them freely. Whether it be in politics or in the street. What I will not do is advocate for suppression of their speech because IMO it is asinine and out of place.

That is a big difference, and what I was inferring you do not understand about us here. Get educated...then speak out. Unless, you are afraid your government will jail you for your opinions, whereas ours cannot do that here.

link   

You should know its those dirty, pinko commie bastard Democrats who done this just to make those very nice Republicans and KKK look bad!

To be fair, anyone could do this in order to further their own agenda or simply because they're radged and they somehow see some sort of humour in this.

I doubt its representative of any significant portion of Republicans....or Democrats for that matter.

a reply to: AtlasHawk

It seems to me TPTB and MSM are trying to force America to be turned into just like UK is now politically. Where your opinions will be used to arrest you.

I don't know anyone and haven't read or heard of anyone ever being arrested in the UK simply because of their opinion.

Do you?
If so please give examples as I'm certain all my fellow country men and women would like to hear about it too.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You're over reacting and getting all hyped up over nothing.

Why would you judge an entire country's people based on robocalls in Florida and Georgia sponsored by people the average person doesn't give two squats about. You would make a good Democrat over here. They, too, get all triggered and out of joint about every little thing they perceive as social injustice.

All one has to do is hang up. Simple. Whoever the dummies are that are doing this are a tiny droplet in the current of a hot political stormy season. Most of us blow off this kind of thing.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

but the moment someone outside the family says something, we don't take too kindly with that.

Well i suggest you keep your problems " In House " and not visible for the rest of the world to read and digest.

If the rest of the world does see it, why should we keep quite ?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Why would you judge an entire country's people

Where did i do that?

I was pointing out what you call normal " Political Practise " as something i would find awful if it happened here.

edit on 5-11-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Well i suggest you keep your problems " In House " and not visible for the rest of the world to read and digest.

If the rest of the world does see it, why should we keep quite ?

We can't help it if the world is obsessed with us, our news, becoming one of us. Shooooweee, even Prince Harry looked for a little excitement in the good ol' US!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Where did i do that?

I was pointing out what you call normal " Political Practise " as something i would find awful if it happened here.

Ummm....your thread title????

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Just seen this.

Automated phone calls in Florida and Georgia have dragged an already toxic political campaign to new lows.

They targeted two candidates who could become the first African-American governors of those states. One message falsely claiming to be from US celebrity Oprah Winfrey called Stacey Abrams in Georgia "a poor man's Aunt Jemima" - referencing a controversial image of a black woman depicted as a slavery-era "mammy" figure - and other racial slurs.

The robo-call also described Ms Abrams as "someone white women can be tricked into voting for - especially the fat ones". It was paid for by The Road to Power, a white supremacist group

And this.

Robo-calls in Florida targeting Andrew Gillum featured a background of jungle and chimpanzee noises.

And this.

On Monday, Facebook, NBC and even the president's favourite network, Fox News, announced they would stop broadcasting a 30-second ad paid for by his campaign. The clip falsely claimed Democrats let into the US an undocumented Mexican immigrant who murdered two California sheriff's deputies in 2014

www.bbc.co.uk...

Has The U.S. gone full retard ? This type of language and action should not be anywhere near politics in a civilised society.

Americans need to wake up, and fast.

Freedom of speech is awesome isn't it!
The messages suck, the freedom is awesome!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Teenager faces prosecution for calling Scientology "cult".

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is "sinful"

Woman who posted rap lyrics as tribute on Instagram guilty of sending offensive message

This tweet will net you an arrest. (Im not sure if you should even read it knowing that you're a resident)

I confronted a Muslim woman yesterday in Croydon. I asked her to explain Brussels. She said 'Nothing to do with me'. A mealy mouthed reply.

Man arrested after 'mealy mouthed' Brussels tweet

edit on 5-11-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Where did i do that?

I'm confused.

Where did i say the entire population of The U.S. are awful? Please explain.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Where did i do that?

I'm confused.

Britain/Scotland/ heck all of the UK, what An Awful Country(s) To Live In.

edit on 11/5/2018 by Krakatoa because: clarified a statement

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

PC bollocks and its offspring Generation Snowflake affects all of us and isn't unique to the UK.
I could go trawling the internet and come up with similar cases of stupidity in the USA and most other 'western' countries.

However, lets look at each individual case.

The first one is dated 2008 and didn't result in a prosecution.
The second one is dated 2010 and I can't find any details as to whether this actually resulted in a prosecution.
The third case is actually from this year but the issue wasn't one of belief it was about writing the word 'nigga' which is quite rightly deemed racist and derogatory here in the UK.

None of the cases are actually about anyone's opinions but rather about how they broadcasted those opinions.

Like I said, no-one has actually been arrested because of their opinion.

Seems these days we ALL pamper far too much to other peoples sensitivities and 'hate speech' is taking on such a broad interpretation both here in the UK and across the pond.

edit on 5/11/18 by Freeborn because: Because I'm not Scottish...or German

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Where did i do that?

I'm confused.

Well...you said the country....kinda implies the people without specification. Is it just the racists? What about the criminals? Just wondering which part makes the entire country an awful place to live in your eyes.

I love it. And it is getting better than ever.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm trying to find an audio of the robocalls so I can upload and embed. And then we can really get righteously pissed then!!
I laughed at the stuff myself. Reminds me of the good ol days of roasting fests, although we called them chewing for awhile down here in Florida.

A minute or less just working over your opponent verbally, anything goes. Handicaps, race, stereotyping, ethnicity, religious, socio economic status. Spin any and all of it into some offensive chew back and forth and see who the crowd ohhs and ahhs at more. It's kind of like rap battles, but no need for rythm or rhyme, although you certainly score better if you incorporate that. These kinds of folks behind d the calls though, they were never any good at it. They pretty much always lose.

Folks like hot Stylez and Joc would make some legendary rips though, the kind you bring up at school a month later just to piss someone off a d everyone still laughing at it. Of course that becomes an on the spot challenge. Learning can wait, sometimes even the teacher needs to sit back to fully absorb the hillarity of it.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Has The U.S. gone full retard ? This type of language and action should not be anywhere near politics in a civilised society.

Americans need to wake up, and fast.

I think it has gone full retard, it's sad to say.

I've been calling for people to stop the bipartisan rhetoric and slurs but nobody seems to care anymore.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

a reply to: DJMSN

Election campaigns In The U.K. don't turn into racists bigoted arguments.

Come over here and try it some time. You maybe surprised.

I have enjoyed the country side across the pond and found it delightful. I would never judge the entire country on the few people I met. My brother married a lovely English woman whom still has immediate family living in London proper. Of course, I might, if predisposed to bigotry like some, make rash judgements based on what I see. Here is a picture of the House of Commons.

Don't let all that diversity hurt your eyes, as it's awfully bland and lacking diversity. Of course, if I was prone to bigotry and hypocrisy like others, I might draw a conclusion based on a picture like this to say, boy what an awful country to live in as they don't allow people of color to even participate. But since i don't over generalize and make absurd statements, i wont.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Where did i do that?

I'm confused.

Well...you said the country....kinda implies the people without specification. Is it just the racists? What about the criminals? Just wondering which part makes the entire country an awful place to live in your eyes.

I love it. And it is getting better than ever.

What some people agree as to being normal political practice,does not reflect on it's entire population.

I am sure many Americans would agree with that, wouldn't you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join