It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats will take House, Republicans will retain the Senate

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
a reply to: interupt42

Oh I agree the primary was 100% rigged for Hillary. Not the general election which is what I was referring to above. You know the election in which at almost every campaign stop Trump kept saying it was rigged, but then he won and had nothing else to say.

If the primary was rigged, she and her backers surely tried for the general election.

IMO I think without cheating she would not have even gotten the popular vote in the general election either.

She sucked so bad that amount of rigging that would have had to happen especially in the non big liberal states for her to win the General election , would have been impossible to perform.

However I'm willing to bet it surely wasn't for lack of trying.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Interpretation, yes. Re-definition, no. Unrestrained interpretation is re-definition.

That is what I refer to when I reference a Constitutionalist Justice. A Constitutionalist will not re-define, but will keep the original meaning as much as possible during any interpretation.

My thoughts precisely

IMO the belief that every single amendment needs continually "interpreted" is nonsense. For instance, the second amendment is pretty clear to me... shall not be infringed means shall not be infringed. The use "regulated" at the time must be held in the meaning of the word at the time, not whatever the present day mis-definition says. The militia is equally clear, and further clarified by the "Dick Act." But like you said, interpreting with respect to the original intent is understandable and necessary, but attempting to re-define the document is not
edit on 11/7/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join