It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats will take House, Republicans will retain the Senate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The CONGRESS decides impeachment. The Senate does the trial.

and AGAIN I SAID NOTHING ABOUT IMPEACHMENT

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: yuppa

The CONGRESS decides impeachment. The Senate does the trial.

and AGAIN I SAID NOTHING ABOUT IMPEACHMENT

Senate will flat refuse holding a trial it is what were trying to tell you. they will openly state they will not do it then what?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Nixon was not impeached. He resigned before the House could impeach him.

The Democrats were supposed to take the Senate this time. They lost seats. What is special about 2020 that wasn't special about 2018?

Son, you're in a hole. Stop digging.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The actual impeachment BEGINS in the house NOT THE SENATE

Its as if the house is the Grand Jury and indicts a president. Then, just like during Bill Clinton's impeachment the Senate has a trail

It's you guys who don't know the process!

And anyway, for the fourth time, I DIDNT SAY THEY WERE GOING TO IMPEACH TRUMP

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Impeachment, first and foremost, takes actual crimes. Not "I hate him" imaginary crimes, not "OMG I hate him!" Make believe crimes, not "look at me ranting like a lunatic because I hate him!!!!!" crimes, and not "Oh, I hate him, let's spit ball wild ass accusations at him! ARGH!!!!!" crimes existing only in the recesses of a hate addled brain... real crimes, of which there have been and are none.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

So where is the threat to make the bad orange man resign?

link   

Fine, keep digging.

How else does the Congress get rid of a sitting President?

TheRedneck

link   

That's what I said

BUT THE CONGRESS STARTS IT

en.wikipedia.org...

The impeachment of Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States, was initiated in December 1998 by the House of Representatives and led to a trial in the Senate on two charges, one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice.[1] These charges stemmed from a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against Clinton by Paula Jones. Clinton was subsequently acquitted of these charges by the Senate on February 12, 1999.[2] Two other impeachment articles – a second perjury charge and a charge of abuse of power – failed in the House.

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Nixon was not impeached. He resigned before the House could impeach him.

The Democrats were supposed to take the Senate this time. They lost seats. What is special about 2020 that wasn't special about 2018?

Son, you're in a hole. Stop digging.

TheRedneck

Wisconsin was a total shut out for dems in the house it seems.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

senata can refuse to hold a trial though. then all you have is a accusation and not a conviction.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I am very happy with the outcome tonight. The house seats mean nothing. They can bitch. They can complain. They can protest. Know what they cannot do? Anything without the Senate or President.

Tonight, we saw the declaration of what was needed. So now, the house is in Democratic Control. They HAVE to play ball. If not, not one damn thing they do or suggest will be passed. You have some moderate dems elected tonight so you are going to see Trumps agenda as well as the Left eat themselves alive before the 2020 election.

They have nothing to stand on. Like in the Batman movie when the Joker says " you have nothing to threaten me with"...it is true in the DC right now.

What needed to be done is done. Florida was the biggest indicator of 2020. An influx in the last 3 years of 250k Puerto Ricans and STILL could not take the Senate or Governors seat? Yeah. Florida is Red in 2020 and Californias Next...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Impeachment is a process

It starts with the party opposed to any sitting president IN THE CONGRESS because no party will ever start the impeachment of its own president.

Of course, unless we have a total lunatic as a president.

Then the CONGRESS has hearings and they vote for articles of impeachment and if the vote is in the majority to impeach the president, the Senate has a trail.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

senata can refuse to hold a trial though. then all you have is a accusation and not a conviction.

He does not get it.
He also does not realize it would ensure trumps re election and the dems losing the house in 2020.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Impeachment is a process

It starts with the party opposed to any sitting president IN THE CONGRESS because no party will ever start the impeachment of its own president.

Of course, unless we have a total lunatic as a president.

Then the CONGRESS has hearings and they vote for articles of impeachment and if the vote is in the majority to impeach the president, the Senate has a trail.

Remember the hold up on th esupreme court niminee? same thing will happen in the senate. They ar enot obliged to hold a trial if they deem it unreasonable and not supported by the facts. just because they dislike him is not grounds for impeachment legally.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Technically, the Constitution is vague on that. But if the House were to even try to impeach Trump on anything less than a major crime, the people would likely see that as an attempt to thwart their will and create an actual red wave that would decimate the Democratic party.

However, with the present (and future... RBG can't live forever) Supreme Court makeup, I'm not sure any impeachment attempt that did not define a serious crime ("high crimes and misdemeanors") would withstand Supreme Court muster.

And even if there were a crime, a simple majority will not impeach. There's nowhere near enough Democrats in the House to even make a decent attempt.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I’m afraid you may not grasp the full meaning of what it means to control the House. The Democrats now have supoenia power. This allows them to launch investigations against Trump and demand things like his tax returns. They also have the oversite, judiciary and ethics committees under their control now as well.

The President doesn’t give the House marching orders, it’s mostly the other way around.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Wow..you're a regular prognosticator! Which deep-state criminals will be indicted first...oh wise one?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think you're wrong

The Senate has to hold a trial, I believe.

Naturally, politics is in the process since a dem or Repub senate will unlikely convict their own president. Also, it has to be two-thirds of the Senate that convicts.

You guys are every uninformed.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
a reply to: matafuchs

I’m afraid you may not grasp the full meaning of what it means to control the House. The Democrats now have supoenia power. This allows them to launch investigations against Trump and demand things like his tax returns. They also have the oversite, judiciary and ethics committees under their control now as well.

The President doesn’t give the House marching orders, it’s mostly the other way around.

Tell that to the committee that wanted information from the fbi for the last year.
Or were you asleep for the last year?
Executive privilege is a bear.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

House Intel and House Judiciary committees sent out subpoenas and the recipients wiped their arses with the paper. Then claimed the 5th, and went back home.

Only the DOJ, FBI, and Special Prosecutors have REAL powers in that area.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join