It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats will take House, Republicans will retain the Senate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
All kidding aside, people who have invested so much into this election will have the most incredible hangover come Wednesday.

They will crash and burn.

In order for democrats to be successful;

Unemployment and taxes will have to rise, gang activity of MS-13 will increase, and a loosening of the border would have to be accomplished with the elimination of ICE. Trump would have to be impeached, North Korea would have to start testing nukes again, and the US would have to pay out the ass for climate change deals again.

That's their measure of success.

You forgot about more folks losing their jobs and begging for assistance! That really seems to be the measure they use. Admittedly, so many folks who were dropped from corporations going over seas are now, coming back. They are working and making more than when they left! Local corporations all seem to be expanding and hiring locally more than using visa workers. Amazingly, this change occurred with Trump.

I am happy for my friends...they were in dispair for years. I am hoping this new life continues for them and their family sakes! They were so negative and always talking about trying to get government to help them. Now, they are enjoying life and their views have changed. They became angry at past policies that had made them suffer and beg.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The majority here sees
"Repubs will take more house seats "

Let's see what happens

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Heitkamp in ND is absolutely losing.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Heitkamp in ND is absolutely losing.

Ya... she's toast. Tester in Montana will probably lose too now... there is 2 more flips...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Oh ye of little faith.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That was one of 2 other seats I was looking at. I don't know if it's an absolute though....

MO, ND, and AZ.... but I already made my prediction and I'm sticking to it! Won't be the first or last time I'm wrong.

A2D

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I predict Democrats will lose seats in the Senate (at least 4) and retain their current minority numbers in the House.

They won't do any better State-wise, with red states being more certain than ever that a Republican America-first agenda is the way forward. Blue states have also made up their minds, but an increasing number of blue state Citizens are growing tired of ineffective and bloated government that cares more about helping illegals than it cares about doing its job

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
My prediction:

Republican pickup of a couple of seats in the Senate

Democrat pickup in the House, very close to just enough to flip it. Whether it flips or not I don't know, but the result will be a much closer spread.

Democrats will pick up a few Governor's seats, but will still lag Republicans.

What will that do for two years?
  • It will make it very hard to get the wall, but not impossible. Without the Senate and Presidency, Democrats will not be able to get anything passed, so they'll have to make a deal.

• No impeachment. That takes a supermajority and the House Democrats will not have it. They might try, though.

• More Senate seats mean an easier confirmation process for judges, and expect a few more Supreme Court openings. Plus even more lower court appointments.

• The USMCA trade agreement will pass on schedule since the Senate confirms it.

• The House will have investigations galore into Trump and everyone around him, plus everyone around everyone around him, making them look like fools... sweeping Trump back into office with both houses of Congress come 2020.
We'll see how accurate I am tomorrow night. I'm going on the locations in play, the polls adjusted for bias, and the size of the rallies.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Lol you and your fundraising. It seems like your using that to comfort yourself, bringing it everytime the topic arises.

You'll see how much this crushing will give the dems.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

Fundraising numbers have consistently been one of the best predictors for who will win an election. They may not be the end all be all but when you have candidates pulling in twice as much money as their opponent it definitely means something.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

worst thing that could happen to the DNC would be to take the house, they would ramp up the insanity and if so much as a hiccup occurs with the economy it would be easy to paint the DNC as the cause.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Oh perfect everyone can keep up the charade and everyone will argue which party is better for another 2 years

Woopdie do DA

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Fundraising numbers have consistently been one of the best predictors for who will win an election.

That's true enough, until 2016. Trump blew that metric out of the water.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

We will See.........

People usually vote on the Economy "Are You better off now, than two years ago".

If that holds true, it's an easy call for most Americans.

Poll's are always so accurate as recent history has shown us.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
One person that should be absolute toast tomorrow that no one is really talking about is Bob Menendez in NJ... they've been running commercials for weeks pretty much literally saying "Bob Menendez rapes children" over and over again daring him to sue... if he comes out on top it's time to flush Jersey...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If the dems win, then we'll have 2 years of them saying how tax cuts are terrible for us

Might as well get started early....but I'm no Dem.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The status of the economy actually isn't that great of a predictor for midterm elections. The single biggest predictive factor for a midterm election, at least where the House is involved, is who's in power.

With the exception of 2002, the opposition party always makes gains. In cases where the President is unpopular, like Trump, the opposition party on average gains 37 seats. Which is pretty much consistent with what the models are showing for this election.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
All kidding aside, people who have invested so much into this election will have the most incredible hangover come Wednesday.

They will crash and burn.

In order for democrats to be successful;

Unemployment and taxes will have to rise, gang activity of MS-13 will increase, and a loosening of the border would have to be accomplished with the elimination of ICE. Trump would have to be impeached, North Korea would have to start testing nukes again, and the US would have to pay out the ass for climate change deals again.

That's their measure of success.

Dude, you seriously need to stop drinking the kool-aid. You’ve gone full Trump, never go full Trump.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

worst thing that could happen to the DNC would be to take the house, they would ramp up the insanity and if so much as a hiccup occurs with the economy it would be easy to paint the DNC as the cause.

Actually, this is an under rated comment. You are exactly right. If the DNC does take over the House I fully expect them to increase the investigations into Trump. However, if those investigations don’t lead to compelling results then you are exactly correct. If they don’t find anything and any other major issue occurs, the Republicans can easily label the democrats as wasting time and money.

Before they launch these investigations they better be sure they have something solid.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: BlackJackal
Based on the polls, voting involvement and available data on which parties have already voted I believe the Democrats will take control of the House. However, due to a very challenging map for Senate Democrats, I predict that Republicans will gain ground in the Senate.

In the House, I predict the Democrats will pick up between 30 and 38 seats. This will swap control of the House to the Democrats to look something like this:

30 Seats = 225 Democrats 210 Republicans
38 Seats = 233 Democrats 202 Republicans

More or less is possible, but by reviewing all available information this is the most likely outcome.

In the Senate, I see Republican's maintaining control. The most likely outcome is that the Senate keeps it's current makeup of 51 Republicans and 49 Democrats. However, I would not be surprised if the Republicans pick up 1 or 2 more seats. I see very little hope for the Democrats to even gain a seat on election day.

Never-Going-To-Happen.
Better Luck Next Time.
Remember, You have to play, if you wanna win.

As of right now it appears that Republicans will pickup 2 Senate seats and Democrats will pickup 34 seats in the house. If that holds I would call my prediction spot on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join