It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats will take House, Republicans will retain the Senate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Almost every demographic voted as expected except for working class whites.

And a large portion of Democrats that crossed over.
Not counting States that flipped.
And a larger percentage of African Americans and Hispanics
Oh , an unexpected female vote . Almost forgot that one
Yet , you are correct in that the percentage of Liberal votes did go as expected....

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
Based on the polls, voting involvement and available data on which parties have already voted I believe the Democrats will take control of the House. However, due to a very challenging map for Senate Democrats, I predict that Republicans will gain ground in the Senate.

In the House, I predict the Democrats will pick up between 30 and 38 seats. This will swap control of the House to the Democrats to look something like this:

30 Seats = 225 Democrats 210 Republicans
38 Seats = 233 Democrats 202 Republicans

More or less is possible, but by reviewing all available information this is the most likely outcome.

In the Senate, I see Republican's maintaining control. The most likely outcome is that the Senate keeps it's current makeup of 51 Republicans and 49 Democrats. However, I would not be surprised if the Republicans pick up 1 or 2 more seats. I see very little hope for the Democrats to even gain a seat on election day.

Looking forward to it! Polls are so accurate....hence why every single one is saying it's all so close we cant say....they learned from their 2016 mistakes.

GOP retains and gains majority in both....finally get some stuff done because the dems realize they have floundered and have no support and nothing to bring to the table.

If it were me, I'd chalk up these midterms as a loss and get on restructuring the dinosaur dems in power and try to appeal to everyone....not just millennials and minorities....

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Come Wednesday morning,
who'll be hitting the road clicking their heels
or tut-tutting into their globalist-flavored-latté ?

predictions

edit on 5-11-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

By the same token, the Dems are absolutely crushing it when it comes to fundraising. They're raising something like twice as much as the Republicans. That's not even counting PACs. Just individual donations. So based off that I would expect Blue to have a good showing.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The only thing I do know is that I will be fine, the left will still be angry, and we'll get to enjoy the 2020 presidential runs next.

I'm the same... The Democrats should take both...should.

Boy it would be so much fun if Republicans retain both, man the tears would flow.

I'm going to laugh regardless.

If the dems win, then we'll have 2 years of them saying how tax cuts are terrible for us and that we shouldn't have our own money, thus guaranteeing a great 2020.

If the dems lose? The outrage will be EPIC!

I am very concerned about Pelosi becoming Speaker of house. Sigh. We all know she will be a godsend for the Republicans come 2020. I was forced to vote for Trump.

That vote was not republican...just hoping that Dems would pull back and recognize some balance is needed. They didn't. I am voting midterm which I normally ignore hoping that by voting against them they will move back towards me and stop this extremism.

Come 2020... The old saying..."3 strikes you are OUT" is relevant. It saddens me, since come 2024 will be even more challenging. I am not all in with republicans...I like balance. I am actually surprised at seeing the extreme republicans are being dropped more so. Dems need to come back to center too...the majority is center.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
"Democrats will take House, Republicans will retain the Senate"

a reply to: BlackJackal

Here let me fix that for you:

Our Elite Masters will retain House, our Elite Masters will retain the Senate.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I see very little hope for the Democrats

Agreed, I think that it's because they have no message or policies that Americans are interested in. If they do manage to scramble back some power they will have exactly 2 years to roll out a 'candidate' worthy enough to vote for and they will have to start actually taking the economy, jobs, and border security seriously otherwise come Nov 9th 2020, they'll get torn another new one, especially if they want to keep not-learning from the lessons life dishes out to them. So far they have no one who could beat Trump - not by a country mile.

I am going to have to disagree with you a little. Yes the DNC has # themselves but there is someone that can really give Trump a run for his money. BTW it’s a lady

If you're referring to Tulsi Gabbard you might be right. Out of all Democrats, she is about the most palatable.

I like her, she seems like a decent human being and good leader. I like that she's a military vet too. Without getting into insults, I don't think she's big name enough to beat Trump, the Dems need Oprah or Michelle Obama or someone with that type of Charisma and name recognition. A celebrity.

But that right there could be the perfect reason to run. A name that isn’t commonly known with her background is exactly what we need.

I agree but is the DNC going to let her win? The answer is no, they'll want Kamala harris or someone like that instead.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Agreed, I think that it's because they have no message or policies that Americans are interested in. If they do manage to scramble back some power they will have exactly 2 years to roll out a 'candidate' worthy enough to vote for and they will have to start actually taking the economy, jobs, and border security seriously otherwise come Nov 9th 2020, they'll get torn another new one, especially if they want to keep not-learning from the lessons life dishes out to them. So far they have no one who could beat Trump - not by a country mile.

I am going to have to disagree with you a little. Yes the DNC has # themselves but there is someone that can really give Trump a run for his money. BTW it’s a lady

If you're referring to Tulsi Gabbard you might be right. Out of all Democrats, she is about the most palatable.

I like her, she seems like a decent human being and good leader. I like that she's a military vet too. Without getting into insults, I don't think she's big name enough to beat Trump, the Dems need Oprah or Michelle Obama or someone with that type of Charisma and name recognition. A celebrity.

But that right there could be the perfect reason to run. A name that isn’t commonly known with her background is exactly what we need.

I agree but is the DNC going to let her win? The answer is no, they'll want Kamala harris or someone like that instead.

I was kinda thinking she would do better as an independent. Even if she lost she would give the most voice ever as running as one. She would receive support from many Dems and Republicans. But if she run as a Dem I believe she would do great. Maybe bring balance to the force!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The only thing I do know is that I will be fine, the left will still be angry, and we'll get to enjoy the 2020 presidential runs next.

I'm the same... The Democrats should take both...should.

Boy it would be so much fun if Republicans retain both, man the tears would flow.

I'm going to laugh regardless.

If the dems win, then we'll have 2 years of them saying how tax cuts are terrible for us and that we shouldn't have our own money, thus guaranteeing a great 2020.

If the dems lose? The outrage will be EPIC!

I can picture it now!
DB sitting down with a cooler full of beer and a massive plate of wings and some popcorn. Maybe a pack of depends just for the convenience whilst laughing at the tube and members here on ATS all day.
I say go for it man!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I was kinda thinking she would do better as an independent. Even if she lost she would give the most voice ever as running as one. She would receive support from many Dems and Republicans. But if she run as a Dem I believe she would do great. Maybe bring balance to the force!

Tulsi Gabbard would be buried as an independent. The DNC needs 400 more Tusli Gabbards, but the party hierarchy has gone completely starkers, so I don't see it.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

So I guess maybe she should run with the Democratic Party. It makes sense but I really want independents on all ballots just to disrupt our two party system. But maybe it’s too early for such a fantasy. But ya 400 more would be great.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Your Blue dream dies tomorrow. Reality will be cruel.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I think they're on their way to killing the two party system already. Look at the mess both parties are in. But it's too soon for a "true" third-party candidate. Too much tied up in the hands of too few still.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Tekaran

By the same token, the Dems are absolutely crushing it when it comes to fundraising. They're raising something like twice as much as the Republicans. That's not even counting PACs. Just individual donations. So based off that I would expect Blue to have a good showing.

Admittedly, this fundraising for politicians and even the private GoFundMe stuff that has been going on the last few years...has made me loo take a more conservative look at helping those in need.

Obviously, there are many folks who are willing to support and help others when they have the freedom of choosing to do so. I have family members who actively gather, collect, and deliver trailers of supplies to be distributed to those in need around the globe. They actually vote republican more often nowadays too.

I wish folks didn't waste their money on politics who waste it on hateful election proproganda. It is wasteful. I have begun to see that it is better to decide to give and assist personally rather than demand that everyone should be forced to help. Force creates rebellious rage...asking simply creates the option for one to truly feel good about helping.

I cannot help but feel that the Dem strategy is actually strangulating the true charity within many. Thus causing more suffering.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Repubs will take more house seats than thought and will pick up a couple more senate seats. Everything that I’ve read about early voting turnout points to the way of a Republican win tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

yes you were right shes very impressive good call but i dont think pelose ect will like it as she dosnt cowtow to them she is a young free thinker just what the dems need

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
All kidding aside, people who have invested so much into this election will have the most incredible hangover come Wednesday.

They will crash and burn.

In order for democrats to be successful;

Unemployment and taxes will have to rise, gang activity of MS-13 will increase, and a loosening of the border would have to be accomplished with the elimination of ICE. Trump would have to be impeached, North Korea would have to start testing nukes again, and the US would have to pay out the ass for climate change deals again.

That's their measure of success.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Dems will pick up 18 seats in the House, which will put it at 213-Dems, 222-GOP, and the GOP will pick up 2 Senate seats for a 52-48 advantage...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think McCaskill is done in Missouri and that will be the only seat flipped in the Senate.

The House is significantly harder to predict. I don't expect it actually fall into a Dem majority, although it might end up very close. I'm thinking 20ish seats flipped.

A2D

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Green wave most don't speak of......
Due to sentiment matching the level it took for Canada

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join