It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Raid 'Maternity Hotels Where Tourists Paid Up to $80K to give birth in the US.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
At the rate Congress works on immigration and, for practical purposes, other issues then expect something around Jan 2101.

The US will be taken down without a war.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Anything to bury the issue, eh? We intend to shine the brightest spotlight on the left's failed immigration policies and permissiveness on breaking our laws. They are weak on law and order, weak on American sovereignty, weak on the military, weak on law enforcement and weak on the economy.

This isn't the only "Maternity Hotel" operating in the United States. With the 14th amendment's drafters thinking ahead to so-solidly define their intent, it is clear it was never intended (logically so) to apply to foreign nationals (ie: Non-Americans)

How many people are starving or homeless in San Bernadino? Many. Yet there is time for the local government there to waste on illegals while real Americans are homeless and starving under the same failed far-left policies?
edit on 11/5/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

This is why we need immigration change. I hope these are the first Trump denies citizenship to forcing this to the SC.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Anything to bury the issue, eh? We intend to shine the brightest spotlight on the left's failed immigration policies and permissiveness on breaking our laws.

Way to interpret.

Not even close to my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It's not just California where this is happening, and also it is by far not just the Chinese who are doing this.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wait it was the Chinese? How is the left gonna handle this one? You know they're perfectly fine with racism against Asians. Just look at the Harvard case.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It's not just California where this is happening, and also it is by far not just the Chinese who are doing this.

Vicinity of any major international airport to start.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
At the rate Congress works on immigration and, for practical purposes, other issues then expect something around Jan 2101.

Time to bring in the heavy hitters.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

What else could I interpret with now two blatant deflections.

I find your reply obvious

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: rickymouse

Vicinity of any major international airport to start.

Not just. There are some going over the border from Mexico to accomplish this for their kids. These people have money to pay the hospital bill too, their kids are then American citizens. Some of the ones that are doing this are related to the cartel families. These rich people want good healthcare for their relatives and also are looking to the future. The kids are American citizens even though they go back to Mexico.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Exhibit A in why we need to do away with birth right citizenship.

Actually the 14th amendment and birthright citizenship never applied to foreigners or illegal aliens. The 14th was passed in order to change the status of slaves from property to that of US citizens, in addition to their children. It also changed the status of Native Americans to US citizens.

It was not until the early 1960's that, for some unknown reason, it was applied to foreigners and illegal aliens (I cant find any court cases / reasons as to why / how it was changed).

Trumps EO doest change the constitution. It brings the 14th amendment section 1 back in line with over 100 + years of legal precedence.
edit on 6-11-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yes indeed, it needs to be shut down.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

8 years on and now the department of homeland security have "discovered" maternity hotels...

Well prizes have gone up since 2010..

The couple's service, outlined in a PowerPoint presentation, includes connecting the expectant mothers with one of three Chinese-owned "baby care centers" in California. For the $14,750 basic fee, Zhou and Chao will arrange for a three-month stay in a center -- two months before the birth and a month after. A room with cable TV and a wireless Internet connection, plus three meals, starts at $35 a day. The doctors and staff all speak Chinese. There are shopping and sightseeing trips.

For many pregnant Chinese, a U.S. passport for baby remains a powerful lure

I did a thread in 2010 about this...

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoWed, 07 Nov 2018 00:55:27 -0600am3055201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Then someone should have told Obama to direct his DOJ to rectify the situation. Obama decided not to go after illegal errr... undocumented Democrats.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Politics...mehhh.

People paying $80.000,- for a US kid.....sound more like business. The guy filling his pockets doesn't care which president made this happen and neither do I.

Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

If we treated the 14th Amendment the way that it was intended, there would be no birthright citizenship issues. It's the unwillingness of certain people to take into account the intended definitions and meanings of words when written that causes the problems that we see today when looking at the constitution and its amendments.

I feel bad for these people--they get taken advantage of because our constitution gets taken advantage of.

Then the taxpayer often gets taken advantage of or abused (like having to pay for investigations, raids, and trials surrounding these issues).

Just curious. Should we take into account the intended definitions and meanings of words when we analyze the 2nd Amendment as well?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH
Just curious. Should we take into account the intended definitions and meanings of words when we analyze the 2nd Amendment as well?

Yes, and if you want me to link you to writings and quotes by those who wrote it and how they absolutely intended it to mean that every American has the right to keep and bear arms, regardless as to their participation in a militia (since "the people" WAS the militia at the time), I'd be happy to.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

If we treated the 14th Amendment the way that it was intended, there would be no birthright citizenship issues. It's the unwillingness of certain people to take into account the intended definitions and meanings of words when written that causes the problems that we see today when looking at the constitution and its amendments.

I feel bad for these people--they get taken advantage of because our constitution gets taken advantage of.

Then the taxpayer often gets taken advantage of or abused (like having to pay for investigations, raids, and trials surrounding these issues).

No matter what anyone claims, the 2nd Amendment is not clear.

The question of what it actually means -- remains unclear.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join